Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know the rules about questioning someone who is being held for a different crime?

Do we know, what cell phone activity (pings) ST had the day of the botched abduction on the Tenn. woman? I assume that LE would not issue an arrest warrant based solely on a victim picking him out of a lineup...there'd have to be more evidence right?

In addition to cell phone pings, does LE know who ST called that day(or where he was planning to go when he allegedly tried to grab this girl)? What is his aliby? Has LE questioned his friends/colleagues to find the other 2 men who were allegedly in the van?

Until police have this information...this case could go any which way.

Virginia Doll, the arrest warrant states: "Further investigation revealed that the defendant was in Myrtle Beach during the time of the incident."

Sounds like they have something other than her ID'ing him. My first thought would be phone records but I guess it could be a number of things.

http://static.mgnetwork.com/scp/multimedia/072910_taylor_arrest_warrants.pdf

10-073537 7/26/2010 07:39AM 1626 STOCKHOLDER AV FOLLOW UP REF SUSPECT ID OF THE ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING FROM LAST WEEK,
MEET WITH THE SECRETARY 1211 PRIDGEN RD

Just thought I would post this.

6 O'clock news said ST has been arrested 18 times in 16 years and has served zero time in prison.

I found that a bit surprising considering the way this group skidded past that murder charge. But then again it seems the courts are pretty easy when they only set $70,000 bonds for people with long list of arrests, who had a stolen car on their property involved in a murder, and is being charged with kidnapping and assault, and looks like could be involved in 2 more murders/kidnappings.

I'm sort of speechless it's like they don't want to get these people off the street. IMHO I believe MB's LE could totally redeem themselves and MB if they threw the book at these people and rounded up this whole crew, I'm sure people might coming back there to vacation if they felt it was safe.

When the news first came out about the attempted abduction I doubted it too. After watching the long interview with RM posted about 7/8 pages back it changed my mind. The story doesn't sound right in print; but hearing it from her mouth was believable.

I understand why you would think that though. Seems at this point it is a confirmed attempt.

Thanks and glad you started posting and don't need to lurk any longer. :)

Hi everyone!
I've been lurking this board for a fair few years now, ever since the Taylor Behl tragedy struck. Firstly I'd like to commend you all for your outstanding work and for keeping this case alive.

Just one thing I wanted to point out, and that is that maybe we can't completely discount the possibility that the victim, RM, is still making this up? I mean, it's only her word and picking ST out of the line up that's put him where it is.

It could be possible that she knew there were rumors regarding ST's involvement in the BD case from the beginning, and that she made up the abduction as an attempt to step up the investigation into BD's and to get something to 'stick' on ST.

I know it's not a good thing to feel sceptical about a victim, but it's still a possibility, and I'm sure this is the stance the defense will probably take.

6 O'clock news said ST has been arrested 18 times in 16 years and has served zero time in prison.

How in the world can that be??? Who does he know? Is he an informant?

I don't buy it that he can be THAT lucky. Something stinks.

I still feel like it's very possible that Shawn is a fall guy for his brother/friends. At first I thought he had admitted he was involved....i.e. turned himself in as in 'yes, I did it'.

Since that isn't the case, I wonder what his brother looks like...how much they resemble one another. There is a Randall Taylor from Georgetown on FB....and they look similar enough, but it's hard to tell. I wonder if RM could tell the difference between the two in the middle of an abduction attempt. It's possible that Shawn was one of the 3....or that he is taking the fall because he KNOWS he can't be linked to the crime physically and he does what his brother tells him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500