1208 users online (229 members and 979 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MT - Erin Thompson, 35, & Caden Odell, 13, murdered, Kalispell, 19 March 2009

A teenager who repeatedly texted suicidal messages just before crashing into another car, killing its passengers, is now suing the dead woman's estate.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/mont...ry?id=11323133

Quote Originally Posted by doublestop View Post
    A teenager who repeatedly texted suicidal messages just before crashing into another car, killing its passengers, is now suing the dead woman's estate.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/mont...ry?id=11323133
    OMG -- all I can say is ''ugh'' her parents should be slapped for encouraging this bad behaviour
    Just My Opinion

yeah, I'd say the public will be outraged

I would normally want this girl to be charged as a juvenile & have the charges reduced but for her to sue the victims' estate is just outrageous

her parents should be ashamed

The usual 'it's somebody elses fault' defense. How dare they file suit against the family of the victims! Instead of taking responsibility for her actions, her family is helping her to put the blame anywhere else. She did it. She did it on purpose. She needs to suck it up and face the consequences for the horrible thing she did. I am so disgusted I could spit.

Quote from article: The lawsuit claims Winter suffered permanent injuries in the crash and a "loss of capacity to enjoy life." She is also claiming future loss of income as well as past, present and future medical expenses.

WHO lost the capacity to enjoy life?????!!!!!

Not a whole lot surprises me anymore, but this makes me REALLY angry.
    "Iím gonna miss that smile
    Iím gonna miss you my friend
    Even though it hurts the way it ended up
    Iíd do it all again
    So play it sweet in heaven
    ĎCause thatís right where you wana be
    Iím not crying because I feel so sorry for you
    Iím crying for me"

~ Toby Keith, Cryin' for Me/Wayman's Song

I really hope the husband who lost his family counter-sues her and her family for his losses. I cannot begin to imagine, losing his wife and 2 children. IMHO his loss far outweighs her "loss of enjoyment of life", because lil miss impulsive CHOSE to put others at risk because her boyfriend broke up with her and she made a stupid decision with tragic consequences. Hope she enjoys as much jail as the law allows.

This just disgusts me. WTH is wrong with her parents allowing this to go forward? And WTF is wrong with the lawyer who actually had the nerve to file this suit? I need to step away from the computer before I say something that will earn me a time-out.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

It's bad enough that the article states that it "may be" the start of her defense or an attempt to contaminate the jury pool, but what makes it absolutely intolerable and disgusting is that she's BLAMING the victim!

I hope when she does meet God she pays for her ALL her sins...

ďOnce you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.Ē Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

The fact that her parents are supporting this move just shows you exactly why she is a selfish, self-centered spoiled little brat.

just sickening. The whole situation. From start to finish. And it's HER fault. Yet here we are, kicking folks while they're understandably down. how dare she? they? even the lawyer?? Why is this not a frivolous lawsuit?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

I hope the judge who sentences her for murder takes this little stunt into consideration during the penalty phase. Hard to show how remorseful you are when you act like a self-centered, malicious little brat!

OK! Now I've seen everything! Just how low will defense lawyers go to try to win a case? Can't get much lower than this. The girl, her parents, and her lawyer should all be ashamed. This is sub human behaviour.
    JMO

Prosecutors say the March 2009 crash was a calculated suicide attempt that occurred less than an hour after she broke up with her boyfriend and left his house. Their evidence, in part, rests with a series of ominous text messages Winter sent to her boyfriend minutes before the crash.

"If I won, I would have you," one text message read. "And I wouldn't crash my car."

And another, "That's why I'm going to wreck my car. Because all I can do is f*** up. Because I am a terrible person and I know it."

And also, "Good bye ... my last words."

Winter, backed by her father Randy Winter because of her status as a minor, accuses Thompson of causing the accident through "negligent driving." The three companies -- Knife River Corporation, Western Traffic Control, Inc., and Mountain West Holding Company -- are accused of failing to properly maintain the highway, which was under construction at the time.
    This will be thrown out of court...this holds no water since it was Winter who in the act of trying to commit suicide, was the negligent one, not Thompson family, not the county for their construction on the road...The audacity of blaming the victim for what this teen caused is outrageous! Why isn't her father teaching her that she is responsible for her own behavior. That she was the negligent driver for she was trying to kill herself. Only she lived and three innocent victims died, as usual...OUTRAGEOUS! JMHO

Justice for the Thompson family

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast