980 users online (206 members and 774 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cat left abandoned in cat cage named 'Kitty Penitentiary' found floating on McKay Bay

This is sick! Who would do this to a cat??????

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...g-in-mckay-bay

YBOR CITY, Fla. - Animal abuse took another ugly turn on Wednesday, but the result was a happy ending.
    Authorities were contacted after a good Samaritan reported hearing a cat's cry on the waters of McKay Bay around 3 a.m., according to the Hillsborough County Animal Control.
    The unidentified person retrieved the cat which was stuck inside a plastic airline-style pet carrier and set adrift on the water.
    On the outside of the container the words "Kitty Penitentiary" were written by hand. The female cat underwent veterinarian care and was found to have a number of metallic pellets in her chest and stomach area as if she was shot with a small caliber weapon. She was listed in guarded condition.
    Animal Services would like to speak to the person responsible for the animal abuse but are in need of the public's help to identify the person. Call them at 813-744-5660 or email them at info@hillsboroughcounty.org.
    The Humane Society of Tampa Bay has stepped forward with a cash reward for information leading to an arrest in this case. Tips may remain anonymous.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    I have no words-at least none that won't get me banned!!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

they should do the same thing to the person that did this...
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

Whomever did this to poor cat, have no heart for animal. I'm sure the abuser might took it from someone and put it into the situation by drowning the victim. I'm glad that the carrier doesn't sink easily. I have 4 cats myself & they're wonderful pets for my family.

Hope that the abuser will be caught soon.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why do I read this stuff...DISGUSTED!!

i keep trying to write a response but can't put a coherent thought together, i am so angry!

O/T but related -- we find abandoned animals out here in the desert (spayed neutered declawed etc) just left by their owners -- we have rescued some. We have words but none (as others have pointed out) that are 'polite'.
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    O/T but related -- we find abandoned animals out here in the desert (spayed neutered declawed etc) just left by their owners -- we have rescued some. We have words but none (as others have pointed out) that are 'polite'.
    You should see the cats that show up on our property. UNBELIVEABLE!
    I end up taking care of them and animal outreach helps spay/neuter and find homes for the kitties.
    Right now I have at least 15 roaming the property. One that couldn't be spayed because she was still nursing, well, she just gave birth to another 5.
    We still need to foster out 6.
    I spend nothing on me so I can feed them. It's not their fault and they're cute as heck. But fooey on the jerks that dump them. One little guy was declawed and neutered before they dropped him.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    This is sick! Who would do this to a cat??????

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...g-in-mckay-bay

YBOR CITY, Fla. - Animal abuse took another ugly turn on Wednesday, but the result was a happy ending.
    Authorities were contacted after a good Samaritan reported hearing a cat's cry on the waters of McKay Bay around 3 a.m., according to the Hillsborough County Animal Control.
    The unidentified person retrieved the cat which was stuck inside a plastic airline-style pet carrier and set adrift on the water.
    On the outside of the container the words "Kitty Penitentiary" were written by hand. The female cat underwent veterinarian care and was found to have a number of metallic pellets in her chest and stomach area as if she was shot with a small caliber weapon. She was listed in guarded condition.
    Animal Services would like to speak to the person responsible for the animal abuse but are in need of the public's help to identify the person. Call them at 813-744-5660 or email them at info@hillsboroughcounty.org.
    The Humane Society of Tampa Bay has stepped forward with a cash reward for information leading to an arrest in this case. Tips may remain anonymous.
    I wouldn't exactly describe "guarded condition" with metallic pellets in her chest and stomach as a "happy ending". Yes, she's still alive, as of when the article was written, but this poor cat has a long way to go before I will be "happy".

I am totally disgusted at having to read yet another case of cat torture. At least in Florida there are laws against it as opposed to some other places it has happened recently.

Many prayers for "kitty" that she will recover from her injuries. And many thanks to the good samaritan who rescued her!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    You should see the cats that show up on our property. UNBELIVEABLE!
    I end up taking care of them and animal outreach helps spay/neuter and find homes for the kitties.
    Right now I have at least 15 roaming the property. One that couldn't be spayed because she was still nursing, well, she just gave birth to another 5.
    We still need to foster out 6.
    I spend nothing on me so I can feed them. It's not their fault and they're cute as heck. But fooey on the jerks that dump them. One little guy was declawed and neutered before they dropped him.
    Bless you for loving and taking care of them!!!! We have several also, all rescues.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

There is such a lack of education on animal abuse, They need to go around to elementary schools and start teaching these young children that it is against the law. I actually saw a grown man today on some show say he didn't know shooting cats was against the law. He said he couldn't afford to have the cats neutered or spayed and I guess they don't have a pound where they live. He was arrested on animal abuse charges and that's how he understood it was against the law. The judge called him an defective person.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

Smile UPDATE-"Lovey" Should Make Full Recovery!!

"Lovey" as she has been named is expected to make a full recovery and the hunt is on for the perp with a $1000 dollar reward!! I hope someone recognizes her and maybe that will link her to the sicko who did this!!
    http://video.tbo.com/m/33926401/cat-...g-in-river.htm

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

ok..calmed down a bit from yesterday..

what a beautiful kitty. you can see the fear in her eyes though. i hope she finds a forever home where she is loved and spoiled rotten.

The cat is so affectionate, it's a real shame someone would do that to a cat.

did you guys read what was written on the cat carrier? If you watch video at the above link in the first post it shows it around the 53 second mark. Hopefully this had given them clues about who did it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast