Cat left abandoned in cat cage named 'Kitty Penitentiary' found floating on McKay Bay

Here's more on the carrier-
The carrier was crudely labeled with the words "Kitty Penitentiary," "Cell 666 Est. 2010," "Jailer Missy" and "Inmate Mittens." Upon spotting the carrier in the water, the passerby pulled it out, saw a cat in distress inside and took her to an all-night veterinary clinic, where x-rays showed her multiple pellet wounds.

Also, the pellets aren't being removed so as not to cause "Lovey" more trauma or infection. From same article-
The cat, who has since been named Lovey, is stable and doing fine, according to McCollough. The pellets will not be removed from her body, as the process would be even more traumatic for her and could make her more susceptible to disease. Lovey will soon be ready to find her new forever home —and there has been no shortage of applications from potential adopters.
http://www.peoplepets.com/news/cats/cat-shot-30-times-is-doing-well-and-waiting-to-be-adopted/1

thank goodness that person found her & cared enough to take her to an all-night vet

and as for 'Jailer Missy', the thought of ever meeting someone like that face-to-face feels me with rage

every cat I've ever had has been a rescue & if I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a few thousand acres for an animal rescue sanctuary

ETA: I just looked at the picture of Lovey & now I want to cry - HOW COULD SOMEONE DO THAT!

There is such a lack of education on animal abuse, They need to go around to elementary schools and start teaching these young children that it is against the law. I actually saw a grown man today on some show say he didn't know shooting cats was against the law. He said he couldn't afford to have the cats neutered or spayed and I guess they don't have a pound where they live. He was arrested on animal abuse charges and that's how he understood it was against the law. The judge called him an defective person.
So this idiot thinks just because HE can't afford to have them spayed or neutered it's ok to take their lives by shooting them? :furious::furious::furious: Maybe he should receive the same consideration. Good for the judge though!! :clap: MOO

Here's more on the carrier-
The carrier was crudely labeled with the words "Kitty Penitentiary," "Cell 666 Est. 2010," "Jailer Missy" and "Inmate Mittens." Upon spotting the carrier in the water, the passerby pulled it out, saw a cat in distress inside and took her to an all-night veterinary clinic, where x-rays showed her multiple pellet wounds.

Also, the pellets aren't being removed so as not to cause "Lovey" more trauma or infection. From same article-
The cat, who has since been named Lovey, is stable and doing fine, according to McCollough. The pellets will not be removed from her body, as the process would be even more traumatic for her and could make her more susceptible to disease. Lovey will soon be ready to find her new forever home —and there has been no shortage of applications from potential adopters.
http://www.peoplepets.com/news/cats/cat-shot-30-times-is-doing-well-and-waiting-to-be-adopted/1
Bless Lovey's heart!!! She's black and beautiful!!! I'm glad her condition has been upgraded and she's going to find a loving home. And thank goodness there are so many wonderful people who want to adopt her. Bless them! :blowkiss: :angel:

You can also click on photo above the video and it will show you a pic of the carrier. I hope they find "warden Missy" real soon and put her in the pen.
And put it in shark infested water. :D

Just disgusting!!! I would bet that the abuser's abusive behavior is not limited to this poor kitty.

I am going to give my cats extra hugs right now

Just disgusting!!! I would bet that the abuser's abusive behavior is not limited to this poor kitty.

I am going to give my cats extra hugs right now
I do just that every time I read one of these horrendous stories. :cat: I have absolutely zero tolerance for monsters who abuse helpless animals. MOO

This sounds like the work of a kid or an adult with a childs mentality. A warped kid.

This sounds like the work of a kid or an adult with a childs mentality. A warped kid.
I agree. Most likely a kid, teenager, or young adult and definitely sadistic. :furious: I'm also wondering if she was someone's family pet? Just curious, going by what was written on the carrier. MOO

This seriously just made me cry. I'm going to go give my kitty some extra ear scratches now. I seriously hope they can track down whoever did this. And I can't believe how friendly poor Lovey seemed to be!

I agree. Most likely a kid, teenager, or young adult and definitely sadistic. :furious: I'm also wondering if she was someone's family pet? Just curious, going by what was written on the carrier. MOO

Would the kid even know how to spend penitentiary, and would the kid even use that word? As far as I can tell, all the words are spelled correctly, which makes me think this is not a kid.

I personally think it's 2 people (a couple) in their early to late 20's, possibly with small children (which scares me) who is not right in the head and was angry because the cat did something a cat usually does like scratch furniture or pee on floor or something like that.

Usually people drop a cat off in some woods or another neighborhood (or at my front door if ur the psycho exhusband) which I dont agree with but they dont usually torture the cat and then drop him/her into the bay. Someone who does this has some serious issues IMO and this reminds me of how profilers say that serial killers tourture animals. I dont think this is a serial killer but FGS these people are not right in the head! I hope they get caught soon.

I have 10 cats (thus the name here...); two are diabetic, 8 of the 10 were definitely abused, and the other two came as infants (needing bottle feeding) and were likely put out to die (both came from frantic folk who found these wee boys). All are considered "rescues" by me and everyone else. One was so badly abused that she can't walk well, and is terrified of humans, but she has a safe, warm place to stay here for the rest of her life.

My horse is also a rescue. When I have a yard, I'll get some dogs, and they will also be rescues.

I find that my feline fuzzbutts (and equine, but he's not quite as fuzzy) give me love, cuddles, friendship, comfort, and keep me sane in an insane world.

The person who did this is evil, sick, and twisted. The "666" is a clear indication that they have no sense of good in them, as is the plain fact that they did this to a defenseless cat.

I cannot say what I'd like to do with them. But...I really would like to do it to them.

I am ever so thankful that Lovey is going to make it. I've helped numerous critters cross the Rainbow Bridge who wouldn't make it after the abuse some of their "people" do to them...and am grateful that Lovey will find a good forever home, and not go too soon to the Bridge.

And that's all I can say about that.

Best-
Herding Cats
(and proud of it!)

I have two cats that live with us (or let us live with them) one of them, a siamese, just moved in and adopted us the other we think was abandoned by Mom (or something happen to Mom) and my husband found him trying to get water out of a sewer line. We also have a family of feral cats that we feed the Mom and three babies (we found one of the babies dead the other day probably victim of a dog that chased and attacked him) but the others are still coming to get fed. What happen to Lovey is outrageous and I do hope they find who did this because I believe this could be a very dangerous person (or persons). I agree about the 666 this is someone who is into very satanic thinking so they really need to find them, there could be other animals in danger out there. Let's hope not.

"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who deal likewise with their fellow men."

-St. Francis of Assisi

Wanted to share this with you all.

Would the kid even know how to spend penitentiary, and would the kid even use that word? As far as I can tell, all the words are spelled correctly, which makes me think this is not a kid.
Good point regarding the spelling, however the fact that this is on the carrier at all may indicate the cat was regularly put in the carrier as a "time out"? Whoever had this poor animal obviously didn't have any patience, maybe a drug user in addition to being sadistic? MOO

We have 3 rescue cats. One we just got about a month or so ago. She was a pregnant stray found by one of my daughter's friends. I couldn't take all the babies, but I knew the mother would be the hardest to adopt out, so I took her. Of course, she stayed with the babies until they were weaned and old enough. I love them so much and they are my babies. I spend a lot of time alone and they keep me company and keep me laughing with their antics.

I can't imagine anyone doing horrible things to animals, but they do. It is very sad, as you know they have some kind of mental problems. There is something wrong inside of them that makes them think it is funny or okay to abuse an animal. You have to worry what else they would be willing to do or if they will escalate to harming people.

We used to have a run-away dog that lived down the street. He was adorable and a little escape artist. Somehow he always ended up at my house. I finally put the owner's phone number on speed dial. Still don't know their names, but the dogs name was Buddy. LOL He hasn't come by in a couple of years, so I always wonder how he is doing. We would just bring him in the house and enjoy him to death until they came to pick him up.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/se...-in-lovey-the-cat-torture-case/news-breaking/

- A 19-year-old man faces two felony counts of animal cruelty in the case of a cat that was shot multiple times with a BB gun and then dumped into a bay, authorities said today.
Giovanni Estrada, of 10206 Parsons St., was arrested Thursday. He was released from the county jail this morning on $4,000 bail.
"This was torture," Animal Services investigator Pam Perry said. "It's remarkable she survived the many times she was shot in that cage and kicked in McKay Bay."
Estrada's stepmother, Maria Pimentel, denied Estrada hurt the cat.
Estrada and his friend, Mildred Marie "Missy" Krack "would never hurt anyone," said Pimentel, who owns the house where Estrada is living. "He is a good kid."
Pimentel said that days before Lovey was found in the bay, Estrada and Krack put the cage in the trash.
"He and his girlfriend used to have a cat, but their cat died. They went and took everything – the cage and the food they had left – and threw it out. He did not abuse a cat. There was a cage and someone else took it," Pimentel said.
However, at least one neighbor said she saw the cat, now known as Lovey, running around.
Betty Ann Dray, who moved across Parsons Street from Estrada last month, said she used to see the cat, which has been depicted in news accounts, in her yard.
"The cat used to run in my yard and play with my five dogs," she said. "I said, 'oh, look at the nice kitty' and she came right up to me."
Then, about two weeks ago, Dray said she stopped seeing the cat.
"I was looking for it," she said. "I even bought food for it. The next time I saw it, it was on TV. I said, 'look at the poor thing.' "
Authorities said the cat belonged to Krack.
Animal Services investigators said state prosecutors are reviewing the case.
Lovey was found in the wee hours of Sept. 1 after a passer-by heard the distress cries of a cat. The black and white cat was inside a graffiti-covered cat carrier that had been dumped in McKay Bay.
BB pellets were found in the cat's chest and abdomen area, authorities said. Lovey is still receiving treatment but has been adopted.
The carrier was labeled "Kitty Penitentiary" in large letters, with writing saying it was established in 2010. The carrier identified the "jailer" as Missy, but the name of the "warden" was erased.
"Missy" is Krack's nickname, investigators said.
More than 20 hash marks drawn on the carrier with black marker indicate how many times the cat was placed inside for a timeout "for whatever misgivings," Perry said.
"This is an intentional act of animal cruelty," she said.
On his Myspace page, titled "In The Shadow of Death," Estrada extols his love of heavy metal music, says "Welcome to Hell" and in the section where it asks what people one would like to meet, he lists Jesus, "so I can kick his *advertiser censored*."
The reward in the case reached $11,000 and authorities said they received multiple tips.

those 3 dirty nasty &*^%&**&. Mom son and gf. PUKE!:furious:

So happy they were caught. I seriously doubt this guy just started torturing animals. With his GF, who should be right along with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back