Identified! CA - Los Angeles, Male body in LAX restroom, Sep'10 - Dominico Nguyen

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
At LAX airport, man's body found in bathroom.
Plastic bag on head and hands bound.
Homecide? or suicide?
Investigating...........HLN news

Whoa! Thanks for posting...I can't "thank" on tapatalk app :)

Doesn't this seem a little mysterious?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airpo...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNib2R5Zm91bmRpbnI-

Body found in restroom at Los Angeles airport

"Officials say a body has been found in a men's restroom at Los Angeles International Airport...."

and

"....the coroner's office is looking at the death as a possible suicide. The official says the body was found with a bag on its head and its hands bound...."

more at link (breaking news)

Sheesh. That's disturbing. LAX is a really busy airport. For this to have happened in the restroom at such a heavily travelled/high trafic location would indicate to me that this was one ballsy killer.

oops looks like there are two threads on this topic. Guess we better locate a mod to merge them.

pretty invetive way to keep from backing out if it was suicide. If murder given the high traffic area (LAX!?!) then one ballys killer.

I'm aware of the general method of auto-erotic asphyxiation but how would one bind one's own hands? Would a guy really do that in the LAX men's room? There's usually a long line for those stalls.

Very sad.

Very disturbing that this could happen without anyone noticing, whether suicide or homicide.

There are two threads on this matter. There is talk on the other one that it may have been suicide, but my question was exactly as yours missizzy - how exactly does one bind ones own hands behind one's back and then proceed to suffocate oneself with a plastic bag???

There are two threads on this matter. There is talk on the other one that it may have been suicide, but my question was exactly as yours missizzy - how exactly does one bind ones own hands behind one's back and then proceed to suffocate oneself with a plastic bag???

is it possible to bind your hands and then secure a plastic bag over your head?

I guess it would depend on whether your hands were bound in front or behind if you would then be able to secure a plastic bag on your own head unassisted or not.

Could this have started out as anonymous sex in a public bathroom and went haywire?

You could place the bag over your head then tie your hands. Right?

I would think the bag would not suffocate unless being held tightly or being secured tightly with a knot or something. If it were secured then I would think binding ones own hands would be dificult as you struggle against the bag for breath. How long would it take to successfully bind your own hands? By then wouldn't you be feeling the effects of the bag?

I would think the bag would not suffocate unless being held tightly or being secured tightly with a knot or something. If it were secured then I would think binding ones own hands would be dificult as you struggle against the bag for breath. How long would it take to successfully bind your own hands? By then wouldn't you be feeling the effects of the bag?

Man, T I don't know. I think you are right that you would be struggling to breathe and by instinct have to take the bag off?

Beats me with a stick, but it's scary. Didn't that one actor found over seas have his hands bound and the bag over his head? One of the Caradine's?

I've never been to LAX, but understand it is mad busy. Who is this man? They have tight security, right? Was it a trick gone wrong? Do they have prostitutes that work out of the airport? I have no idea but am just asking. Hey, if it is auto-asphixiation whatever. Go for it. But, in a public bathroom? A child could have walked in there and seen that.

Prayers for the poor soul who died in an airport bathroom whoever they are.

:waitasec: I'm still confused. How does one make the leap to suicide when hands are bound behind the back and bag over head? In such a public place too. I would think anyone that hell bent on offing themselves would do it someplace secluded.

Im shocked, Any airport restroom is busy with people at any given time. I wonder how someone found him , was the bathroom stall unlocked or locked .

I just can't imagine someone would do this at LAX bathroom....they possibility of them being discovered before dying is too great...unless this poor man got some unfortunate news in the airport and just couldn't deal. =( This is too fishy .

Found this while googling

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/102981184.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police believe a man whose body was found in a restroom at Los Angeles International Airport committed suicide and had a history of mental illness.

Los Angeles police Detective Mark Morgan said Wednesday that the man had tried to kill himself earlier this month and had been placed under psychiatric supervision for a three-day period.

The only thing that makes any sense is that he had the zip ties already put together and partially closed and might have already put one on one wrist and tightened it down. Then he would have put the bag on his head and buttoned his jacket. The only thing left to do would be put his hands behind his back, put the other wrist through the loop and tighten the loop down. Not easy, but not impossible either IMO.

I read that he had a bag with a will and papers indicating he had already tried suicide at least once before and the psych. commitment mentioned above.

Let's say this is exactly what it would seem. Someone with mental health issues who has already recently attempted suicide once who decides to give it another go.

Why then choose to commit suicide in the public bathroom of a very busy, heavily travelled international airport? Would that not increase your odds of being discovered, interupted, and ultimately your attempt to kill yourself thwarted?

Do any of the reports offer any explaination for the airport being selected as the suicide site? Do any of the reports say how the man arrived at the airport? DId he leave a car behind in the parking lot? Was he dropped off? Bus? Magic carpet ride?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back