Regis Philbin retiring from "Live with Regis and Kelly"

Skittles

Reaction score
"Veteran broadcaster Regis Philbin announced today that he will be retiring from the weekday talk show 'Live With Regis and Kelly' after nearly 25 years.

Philbin broke the news this morning at the top of his show. He confirmed that though he's departing, the "Live" franchise will continue. The Disney-ABC Television Group plans to name a new personality to join Kelly Ripa, who has co-hosted the show for nearly ten years."

More at:
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/regis-philbin-retiring-25-years/story?id=12637197

I wonder who will be his replacement? I wouldn't be surprised if it were Mark Consuelos (sp), Kelly's husband!

No one can come close to Regis. He is the best at what he does. I will miss him on the show. He and Kelly have real chemistry.

Kelly's husband Mark would be a good replacement. The show is always good when he guest-hosts. Some of the other guest-hosts have been good, too. But it wouldn't surprise me if they held on the job screenings the way they did before they picked Kelly. It could end up being somebody virtually unknown.

I hope this isn't due to Regis being ill or something.I have noticed a sudden change in him lately.

I know it won't happen but I like Kelly and Anderson Cooper together.They seem to genuinely be friends.

Rumblings are that Live wanted to cut Regis' salary, since his contract was up, and that prompted his decision to leave. I think ABC is going to regret that decision. I feel for Kelly... she found out 15 minutes before going on air. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back