Man takes action after brother frames him

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Romanian man has launched legal action after spending more than two years in jail for crimes committed by his brother.

Ioan Dumitru was jailed after his estranged brother Gheorghe gave police false details after he was arrested for a crime spree.

Police who were impressed by Gheorge's honesty and clean record, granted him bail, but he then left the country after giving officer Ioan's details.

Ioan, 43, from Pogana in eastern Romania, said: "We do look very similar although we are not twins. He must have realised the police were closing in because he stole my ID and used that when he was arrested.

"I had never been in trouble before and had a good record so he used that to get bail - then left the country.

He added: "When he didn't turn up for the hearing I was arrested and jailed, and spent two years inside.

"No one believed my story until my brother's wife, who hadn't seen her husband for a long time and didn't know what he had done, finally came forward to help me out to say Gheorghe had stolen my identity."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1110058.html?menu=

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back