Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MI- AMBER ALERT: Katherine Phillips, 4 months, Ludington, 29 June 2011 -MURDER CHARGE

Quote Originally Posted by Miziree View Post
    I was wondering the same thing too about where the other child was at the time.Maybe with his parents? I haven't read anything about where she was.

The parents did know about the baby, see below

here is the link:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...ington_ba.html

Courtland said Phillips, 21, now charged with kidnapping in connection with the baby's disappearance, has always known he is the father of Katherine Shelbie-Elizabeth Phillips, but didn't have the heart to tell his parents.
    Courtland said Tuesday that Phillips' parents have never met the infant, but are aware she exists.
    “I wanted him to take a DNA test that day because he didn't want to tell his parents that Kate is his. I was sick of it and said, 'Forget it, I'm not going to keep lying to your parents,' and we figured if he gets the paternity test, then we could show his parents the piece of paper,” Courtland said.
    But Phillips — already jointly raising the couple's 3 1/2-year-old daughter, Haley, and preparing to be deployed to Afghanistan in August — didn't want to tell his parents about the new baby, she said.

Such a weird case is right! I hope they find this baby girl..
    Sounds like the guy's parents were not very happy with the older child, either. Lovely people.
    I really wish these young kids would stop having sex until they are old enough to be a parent. She had to have been 15 or 16 when she had the older child. Children having babies. And then to go along with this lie to his parents that the baby wasn't his? Smart. What decent guy would want his girlfriend, the mother of his kids, to tell his parents some other dude is the father of the new baby? Like that is going to endear her to them somehow. He must be nutz.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:

Ground search ends in "Baby Kate" abduction case

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/ne...?newsgroup_id=

Steve Begnoche - Managing Editor
    Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thirteen searchers led by Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett and Mason County Sheriff Jeff Fiers completed what, for now, is the final ground search in the case of the missing infant, Katherine Phillips.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

This is another weird case, that's for sure. I am having computer issues and have not been able to open all the news stories. I hope baby kate is found safe, but it isn't looking good. Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking.

Did the mother tell the story of what the fight was about when she was first questioned? I'm skeptical about her, something isn't right.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrye4709 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mrye4709 View Post
    This is another weird case, that's for sure. I am having computer issues and have not been able to open all the news stories. I hope baby kate is found safe, but it isn't looking good. Heartbreaking, just heartbreaking.

Did the mother tell the story of what the fight was about when she was first questioned? I'm skeptical about her, something isn't right.

If my boyfriend had wanted to take me and our daughter to DFCS to put the baby up for adoption, I would NOT have left the baby in the car with him. Period. I'm a bit skeptical myself. If it was only a block or two away, I would carry a 5 month old baby and probably RUN to my apartment to get away from him as quickly as possible. IMO

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaWanda For This Useful Post:

As a local and knowing some of Ariel's family (but not Ariel herself), I have wanted to remain supportive and positive. However, I must admit I am beginning to wonder when anyone besides Ariel or Sean last saw Katherine. I lived in Ludington from birth until I was 21, so I know the area quite well. His alleged timeline is rather tight. Based on other cases, I am starting to question if this is the true timeline of events (maybe something happened and they are covering it up but this is their story now). However, Ariel did volunteer very early on to take a lie detector test and passed. She has never been a suspect, that I am aware of. I also recognize that these tests are not 100% reliable. I am up in the air as to what happened to sweet Katherine and who might have been involved, but I truly do not see a positive ending.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dulcinea For This Useful Post:

It's odd, yes, but Ariel seems to be very cooperative with police. I still can't believe this has gone on so long. I'm hoping the police have some leads - I'm doubtful Katherine was given to someone to take care of since things have dragged out, but I keep hoping.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

Bumping w/ prayers for baby Katherine.
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

This case resembles Baby Gabriel too much! Where is baby Katherine? Please, please - let's hear some answers soon!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

I just listened to the 911 call, the mother's story did seem to change. There has to be a legal way to make these people talk.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrye4709 For This Useful Post:

There is no incentive for them to say anything. The longer they keep quiet, the better chance they have of getting away with whatever they have done, whether that be murder, selling/giving away a child or covering up an accident.

All ground searches have stopped for now so unless LE has something they are following behind the scenes then it is just a waiting game.....

Poor Kate.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:

This breaks my heart. She's a helpless little 4 month old What is with people anymore!!!!!!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Ridge For This Useful Post:

It should be illegal for parents not to disclose the location of a child when questioned by LE. Seems everyone thinks if they don't talk they can get away with anything, he77 maybe they can.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrye4709 For This Useful Post:

Its just crazy that so many babies and children can just disappear without a trace, never to be seen or heard from again. I have to wonder what is wrong with people who take children and dispose of them one way or another and then refuse to tell what happened to the child. Its just not normal behavior but it seems to happen more and more often these days. We seem to live in desperate times when people can't cope with life in normal ways and they do very abnormal and crazy things. Who knows where in this huge world little Baby Kate is. Unless her father talks, we may never find her.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jan For This Useful Post:

I cannot understand why anyone would want to harm a helpless child, it's just beyond me. I hope they find this baby soon.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

911 call about Baby Kate abduction

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/ne...?newsgroup_id=

Jennifer Linn Hartley - Staff Writer
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ariel Courtland, the mother of missing infant Katherine “Kate Phillips,” told a 911 dispatcher kidnapping suspect Sean Phillips was giving Ariel and Baby Kate a ride to a DNA test at the hospital when he took off with the infant.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

With the release of the 911 call, many locals seem to be questioning Ariel. A few I know personally have even out right accused her. I am still on the fence but I would like to see her questioned more in-depth and have her explain what some are calling inconsistancies in her story. Regardless, the sad reality is that Kate is gone.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dulcinea For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dulcinea View Post
    With the release of the 911 call, many locals seem to be questioning Ariel. A few I know personally have even out right accused her. I am still on the fence but I would like to see her questioned more in-depth and have her explain what some are calling inconsistancies in her story. Regardless, the sad reality is that Kate is gone.
    I'm still holding out hope that he/they might have given her away somehow to somebody........

I think he killed her and the motive for doing it is obviously so he didn't have to pay child support.
    !~*Mar*~!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

I'm really not sure why he's not given up her location. They have him intimately tied to the crime, so it's not like if they find the body they'll be able to prove he did it. It seems they already have enough to know that he killed her.* I wonder what's motivating him to keep quiet - I know his defense attorney has also probably told him things may be better for him if he gives her location up.

I think his motivations go far beyond child support, if he did kill her. And then to stay so quiet about it - I wonder what is going through his mind with this?

*I'm convinced he killed her, but I'm only going off MSM reports. Could be they don't have enough to know for sure, but I'm leaning that way.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

I'm convinced too that he killed her...it just stands to reason that the only reasons you undress a baby is to either redress them in different cloths or to bathe them or put them in water. I know early on there was some talk of a lake and LE was asking for any witnesses that may have seen a certain vehicle near that lake. I really believe he put her in the lake then hid her cloths.
    It will be interesting to see how his trial plays out in light of Casey's trial. I think generally society is much harder on men that it is on women. I really think even if they don't find her body that he will be charged with murder.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Nancy is covering the story tonight (7/21/11)
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

NG keeps suggesting that Kate may have been sold...I'm thinking probably not since no large sum of money has been found...I mean what, did he hide the money before he was arrested?

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    I'm convinced too that he killed her...it just stands to reason that the only reasons you undress a baby is to either redress them in different cloths or to bathe them or put them in water. I know early on there was some talk of a lake and LE was asking for any witnesses that may have seen a certain vehicle near that lake. I really believe he put her in the lake then hid her cloths.
    It will be interesting to see how his trial plays out in light of Casey's trial. I think generally society is much harder on men that it is on women. I really think even if they don't find her body that he will be charged with murder.
    Why would he undress the child to throw her body in the lake?
    It's possible that if he intended to sell her or give her to someone else, he wanted them to have other clothes to dress her in, so that she wouldn't be easily recognized. A lot of babies look alike, but if there was a description of the clothes she was wearing, someone might spot them.

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Such a tiny reward, only $1360, it is heartbreaking...
    What a precious baby...why doesn't the whole country know about this little girl...
    Just my opinion, of course.

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast