Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
    I wonder, If she was driven to school, and not take the bus, does this mean she might live within an area that the buses don't pick the children up?

Like here in Florida, if you live within 1 miles from the school you either have to walk to school or a parent needs to drive you.

If she was in walking distance would she have tried to walk back home..?
    This is the same in Washington state too.... we live within 1 mile of the school so no bus.... we have to drive him or he has to walk home.

Do we know her home address? Maybe we can map it from the school to see what route she would have taken if she happened to walk home.

OT: I finally broke down and bought my 9-year old son a phone. Just a lil go phone where he can call us and text (only me and my husband). When I hear things like this case it makes me feel okay about him having one.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

Picture from http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

And Another picture:

Last edited by CN2Souls; 09-22-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

I wonder, If she was driven to school, and not take the bus, does this mean she might live within an area that the buses don't pick the children up?

Like here in Florida, if you live within 1 miles from the school you either have to walk to school or a parent needs to drive you.

If she was in walking distance would she have tried to walk back home..?
    In Oregon, the schools are so broke that they don't even have a "law" about picking up the kids anymore. Our district has the one mile rule, IIRC.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    This is the same in Washington state too.... we live within 1 mile of the school so no bus.... we have to drive him or he has to walk home.

Do we know her home address? Maybe we can map it from the school to see what route she would have taken if she happened to walk home.

OT: I finally broke down and bought my 9-year old son a phone. Just a lil go phone where he can call us and text (only me and my husband). When I hear things like this case it makes me feel okay about him having one.

Thanks Chasing Halos, I was just searching and I can Not find anything on a home address.

Ever since all my children were little they have had a Zoom-back device on their shoes, (I know they are for dogs but they work great)

Even still my older children have them and the oldest are 28 and 22.. but they dont have them on their shoes but belt or purse.
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

From Missing Poster... http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Both photos shown are of Kerra. She was last seen near her school on the morning of September 21, 2011. Kerra was last seen wearing a blue short-sleeve shirt, blue shorts, and Twinkle Toe shoes.

RBBM

These shoe should stand out....

Twinkle Toe shoes. - Google Search

Very sparkle and bright no matter which ones she had...
    Last edited by KateB; 05-01-2015 at 07:39 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Awesome, it made truckers news... this way truckers will also be on the look out for her...

http://www.truckersnews.com/missing/

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

I just feel like either 1. She wasn't dropped off and something happened to her or 2. She was dropped off and someone she knew took her in a car. I wonder who else was dropping their children off at that time. If she was dropped off at 8 am and she only had 5 minutes to get to class, that is pretty late in dropping her off IMHO.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

I wonder if she normally got dropped off or if she "missed" the bus that day.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    oh em gee... not another one~!

I cannot believe that her family last sees her at eight am and four hours later gets a call from the school...

and than three hours after that they make a report!~

if we are to believe the family really did drop her off and last saw her at eight am, she was gone for seven hours before LE was contacted! That is CRAZY!!!!!

fwiw... media must have a replay of the scanner for that day:

Scanner traffic indicated that the girl was reported missing shortly before 3 p.m. by her grandmother.

http://www.nptelegraph.com/articles/...5649379363.txt
    ------

this LE needs to contact the LE on Kyron's case to get tips/tricks how to screen/interview all the parents at the school that morning...

((I am too jaded to believe what the parent is saying unless more people can confirm she was really at the school that morning...))

17. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

FBI has joined the search

"The search for a missing eight year old Sioux County girl is expanding. Nebraska State Patrol investigator Monica Bartling says rescue personnel and others are now broadening their search for Kerra Wilson to the rural areas, and not just Mitchell and Morrill. The FBI has now joined the State Patrol SWAT team, and other local agencies in the search effort."

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=jpfa3gjz

19. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SDT For This Useful Post:

a few more snips from your link SDT:

Bartling says the girl's biological parents and stepfather have been interviewed, but said they are still "checking and covering all our bases " on whether they could be responsible for the disappearance.
    School officials are also talking to students at the elementary school, assuring them of their safety and also trying to get any information regarding Wilson's actions Wednesday morning.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    oh em gee... not another one~!

I cannot believe that her family last sees her at eight am and four hours later gets a call from the school...

and than three hours after that they make a report!~

if we are to believe the family really did drop her off and last saw her at eight am, she was gone for seven hours before LE was contacted! That is CRAZY!!!!!

fwiw... media must have a replay of the scanner for that day:

------

this LE needs to contact the LE on Kyron's case to get tips/tricks how to screen/interview all the parents at the school that morning...

((I am too jaded to believe what the parent is saying unless more people can confirm she was really at the school that morning...))
    Nuse, FBI is there now. It was reported that her mom did alert LE when the school called her at 12 :00... Still 4 hours, but better than 7 hours...MOO

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SDT View Post
    "The search for a missing eight year old Sioux County girl is expanding. Nebraska State Patrol investigator Monica Bartling says rescue personnel and others are now broadening their search for Kerra Wilson to the rural areas, and not just Mitchell and Morrill. The FBI has now joined the State Patrol SWAT team, and other local agencies in the search effort."

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=jpfa3gjz

Thank you SDT..

I see in the article, that they state she is a SIOUX county girl, This has me

because the Mitchell Elementary School is in Scotts Blue County aways from the county line.

And Sioux County has not been in on the investigation...

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    Nuse, FBI is there now. It was reported that her mom did alert LE when the school called her at 12 :00... Still 4 hours, but better than 7 hours...MOO
    RBBM

LizB, That has me very confused, If the mother alerted LE at 12:00 noon, why did Grandmother have to re-report at 3:00pm and then LE starts looking at 4:00 pm...?

Did they (LE) wait ANOTHER 4 hours after Mother called them?

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

RBBM

LizB, That has me very confused, If the mother alerted LE at 12:00 noon, why did Grandmother have to re-report at 3:00pm and then LE starts looking at 4:00 pm...?

Did they (LE) wait ANOTHER 4 hours after Mother called them?
    it seems likely to me that Grandma was the first to call LE... I don't think they would have waited four hours to start searching for this little girl..

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast