GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Exactly!

Hard to fathom that a school wouldn't have a procedure in place to report and follow up on absences right after the roll call. All it would take is someone collecting the roll calls from each classroom, and turning them in to someone who follows up! Even if such is done manually, it could have saved several hours. Do teachers at some schools do roll calls via computer nowadays? Could be even faster...

Also thought of Kyron...

When my boys school started the automated thing the calls didn't go out until much later in the day.

Has there been any mention of her biological dad? Or any mention of her having any siblings or step siblings?

Has there been any mention of her biological dad? Or any mention of her having any siblings or step siblings?

Julie, no mention of any that I have seen............ been looking for the last 5 hours and can't find a thing....

The fact that the school is on a MAJOR street, that turns into a double highway only blocks from the school is NOT GOOD! :cry:

Do we know if she was dropped off in the parking lot? Looking at Google street view, I can't even see what would be considered the main entrance of the school.

Ok, if school starts at 8:05, I assume drop off at 8:00 is a busy time outside the school. Many kids are being dropped off at that time in the carpool lane, no? At my son's school, there are teacher aides who are at the sidewalk assisting the kids as they get out of the cars and go into the building.

Are there siblings?

Do we know if she was dropped off in the parking lot? Looking at Google street view, I can't even see what would be considered the main entrance of the school.

Yeah, it's an odd setup. I didn't see an area that looked like a drop off area for vehicles or buses.

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/22/news/local_news/doc4e7a720e09102357811149.txt

this updated article states:

"Nebraska State Patrol Sgt. Monica Bartling has confirmed the girl had been dropped off at the west doors of the Mitchell Elementary School at 8 a.m. Wednesday morning. The girl did not show up for school and the school notified her mother that she had not been in school."

I wonder what that means? WHO confirmed it?

Right, confirmed by the step father? I wish they would say if she was seen by anyone at the school.

This really gives me the chills... as a few years ago a 6 year old girl was dropped off at the school parking lot 9 at 8.45am and was never seen again -she didnt make into her class..... her body was found several days later - it was her mothers live in boyfriend that killed her. So a new central government law was passed for primary ( elementary school) that when ever a child is absent a parent/ guardian has be contacted and informed of the absence....and if the school is at all concerned they can contact the police straight away ( I live in New Zealand).

Just as I don't believe Kyron was abducted by a stranger lurking in the halls at school, I don't believe Kerra was either. Sadly, they probably are similar to your story.

I take it this is the front of the school from the School Website.

This is the WEST SIDE of the school.

outside%20elem.jpg

And the Address has the School on 1439 13th Avenue

http://www.mpstigers.com/grade.htm

I'm guessing the doors closest to 14th street would be the main entrance judging by the larger windows.

I wonder if she is normally dropped off on the north side where to gate to the playground is,

and on Google street view, you can see buses parked there.

( I would put an awesome picture as an attachment, but for some reason my attachment button on WS is not working...:cry:)

Someone needs to call the news agencies around there. I can't understand why there has been next to nothing on the news feed. :(

I wonder if she is normally dropped off on the north side where to gate to the playground is,

and on Google street view, you can see buses parked there.

( I would put an awesome picture as an attachment, but for some reason my attachment button on WS is not working...:cry:)

I think I don't know what I'm doing, but hoping this link gives the street view.

http://g.co/maps/y7ws2

I can do this later (working right now) - or if anyone else wants to, but share the few news stories that are out there on the news station's facebook pages. That'll get the word out pretty quick.

I see on Google street view, that there is a crossing security guard on the north end of the school in the cross walk...

O//T... Why does it bother me so much when there isn't a really good picture of a missing child????

I always wonder.... I have tons of pictures on my numerous children

Good question.

The whole area just seem so open, someone must've seen something. If the local news can just get a hold of this story and get it on the air and in the open maybe someone will speak up or remember something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back