Can any old timers help an old timer?

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does anyone recall a fruitcake who wrote a book about the Ramsey case and who claimed to be some expert?

My memory is hazy but I *think* it might have been psychology. The rub was that he was a fake and had "borrowed" the identity of a real expert (with a few small details changed).

He got very tetchy when someone queried his credentials and that was what gave him away because people looked more closely at them!

Are you thinking of the guy that interviewed John Mark Karr?

Are you thinking of the guy that interviewed John Mark Karr?

I am pretty sure this guy would have pre-dated JMK but I could be wrong. I don't think he did.

I think he joined here for a while. My memory really is very hazy on this but I remember another member asking me to check the guy's credentials out independently and I found the same discrepencies that he did. It was something like

the first and last names were the same as a real expert, but the middle initial was only similar (i.e. an N instead of an M or something like that)

Then there was another discrepancy with the university he was supposed to either work in or have attended - but again a minor discrepancy.

I have this feeling that the real expert was contacted and made aware of his identity thief.

PS - someone will remember I'm sure. SuperDave maybe?

Does anyone recall a fruitcake who wrote a book about the Ramsey case and who claimed to be some expert?

My memory is hazy but I *think* it might have been psychology. The rub was that he was a fake and had "borrowed" the identity of a real expert (with a few small details changed).

He got very tetchy when someone queried his credentials and that was what gave him away because people looked more closely at them!

Jayelles,
Yes sounds like him:

www.laurencelsmith.com
Laurence Smith. The Last Christmas Of JonBenet Ramsey

A google search on his name along with jonbenet will give you sore eyes!

In case you do not have the time here is the original websleuths link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-47351.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa