982 users online (171 members and 811 guests)  

Websleuths News

Boy, 9, is able to spell a word with 310 letters

Lengthy Definition

According to a book of facts, the 310-letter word was used by medieval scribes to refer to someone who practices divination or forecasting by means of phenomena, interpretation of acts, or other manifestations related to animate or inanimate objects and appearances such as various animal behaviors, dreams, palmistry, wands, ring suspension and a number of other methods.

Zweig said he first learned to spell the long word and now is learning its meaning.

Kalata discovered the 310-letter word in a book of facts by Russell Ash, called “The Top 10 of Everything.”

“When Aaron spelled the word in front my class, he paused part way through and told the class not to worry because he was almost done,” said Kalata. “It amazed me that he could pause, make a comment, then continue spelling without losing his place.”

Full Story

Whats the word???
    And thats all I have to say about that!

Wow.....

ornicopytheobibliopsychocrystarroscioaero-genethliometeoroaustrohieroanthropoichthyopyroside roch-pnomyoalectryoophiobotanopegobydrorhab-docrithoaleuroalphitohalomolybdoclerobeloax-inocoscinodactyliogeolithopessopsephocatop-trotephraoneirochiroonychodactyloarithstichooxogel oscogastro-gyrocerobletonooenosapulinaniac

Quote Originally Posted by Sassygerl
    Wow.....

ornicopytheobibliopsychocrystarroscioaero-genethliometeoroaustrohieroanthropoichthyopyroside roch-pnomyoalectryoophiobotanopegobydrorhab-docrithoaleuroalphitohalomolybdoclerobeloax-inocoscinodactyliogeolithopessopsephocatop-trotephraoneirochiroonychodactyloarithstichooxogel oscogastro-gyrocerobletonooenosapulinaniac

Umm..sorry I asked - but thanks - LOL
    And thats all I have to say about that!

I can barely spell my own name on a good day!

So how do you pronounce that?

I think its pronounced with an "o"