Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: *DEVELOPING* Shooting at a Colorado movie

Just putting this out there. These people/news consistently get their facts right IMO and get more info faster than our local msm news

PS I find them not to be a tabloid although first I kinda thought so

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re-Denver.html

I believe that emergency exits at theaters usually have to be opened from the inside, so people don't sneak in without paying. FOX news said that he had an extra gun stashed inside so I think he must have had access to the theater earlier to hide the gun and maybe prop the door open or place a piece of duck tape over the latch. Just theorizing, I have no such info. MOO

MOO

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by manzana View Post
    Just putting this out there. These people/news consistently get their facts right IMO and get more info faster than our local msm news

Interesting that a lot of the early info on this came from UK!

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Astrella613 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I believe that emergency exits at theaters usually have to be opened from the inside, so people don't sneak in without paying. FOX news said that he had an extra gun stashed inside so I think he must have had access to the theater earlier to hide the gun and maybe prop the door open or place a piece of duck tape over the latch. Just theorizing, I have no such info. MOO

MOO
    I remember when I was a kid they used to put those heavy chains and locks on the exit doors and I would think, what if we had to get out that way. There is no way that we could. I know they don't do that anymore but I am sure they have to have something that prevents people from sneaking into theater.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astrella613 For This Useful Post:

This IS an act of terrorism whether he was involved with a group or not, or what his reasoning or lack there of. Still, IMOO it is Terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella613 View Post
    Interesting that a lot of the early info on this came from UK!
    They are one of the sources I go to first because they seem to gets FACTS and dig deep quickly.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:

But I think they misspelled "Monster" it's m-o-n-s-t-e-r not m-a-n-i-a-c.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Certain places make me paranoid. Movies are one of those places. I remember going to one movie and leaving early because the guy in front of us wasn't watching the movie. He just kept watching the people around us. It was really creepy, and me being super paranoid already, I just decided to leave (movie was crap anyway...lol).
    Just recently I took my daughters to see The Hunger Games. It had been out a while, so we were the only ones in the theater (early afternoon). For some reason the movie stopped right in the middle. I gathered the kids up quickly and got out of there to find management. It ended up being just an error with the machine, but something about the dark room, single exit at the front, looming stairs, makes me so paranoid.

This is so sad.
    ~Ro~

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bee Happy For This Useful Post:

Do the have surveillance cameras in movie theaters? They must, right? I haven't been to a theater in ages.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

One of the victims blog from a month ago describes being in a mall when someone opened fire:

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com...nter-shooting/

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lava For This Useful Post:

They are one of the sources I go to first because they seem to gets FACTS and dig deep quickly.
    Hope that this is not too disillusioning, but where this source "digs deeply quickly" is on the internet from OTHER news sources! They do not station their own reporters in every city in the USA to "dig" facts on whatever news might occur in that city. They are considered a tabloid, and not too reliable of one, in their own country. If you "google" them, and DON'T use the sources that come up with Daily Mail in the web address.....you will see a large number of articles, quite a few are from university writing sources who warn students NOT to use that tabloid as a source for any papers, etc.

jmo

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raeann For This Useful Post:

Has anyone checked twitter and pinterest for this creten? I only do FB.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

22. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    One of the victims blog from a month ago describes being in a mall when someone opened fire:

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com...nter-shooting/
    Wow and here she is tweeting from Batman premier.

https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to manzana For This Useful Post:

Wow and here she is tweeting from Batman premier.

https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield
    It is so sad. I will never understand why people do this.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lava For This Useful Post:

Are you guys sure that blog and twitter are the correct Ms. Redfield? I'm kind of slow today, but the blog is about a shooting in Toronto. The twitter post was at 10:37 p.m., I don't know how twitter works, but that would make the movie start at 11:00 p.m. Is that when it started in Aurora, Colorado?

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

This is absolutely horrible! Waking up to this was so sad.

I'm watching GMA and this is all they are talking about! I'm not surprised that this guy doesn't have a record. I find it odd too that the mom woke up in San Diego and had a gut feeling it was her son. This was a midnight premiere, right? It would have only been around 10:30 moms time. Then again, a mothers intuition is pretty strong!

I hope the poster who said she is from there has talked with her friends and that they are all okay!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaroba07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Are you guys sure that blog and twitter are the correct Ms. Redfield? I'm kind of slow today, but the blog is about a shooting in Toronto.
    She wrote that she was on vacation in Toronto.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    She wrote that she was on vacation in Toronto.
    Ah, thank you. Dang, now I'm wondering if she was the target.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Good heavens! CBS is showing ariel view of suspect's mother's home in San Diego.
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 07-20-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: sp

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Don't know why this happened....i have no clue why a baby was in the audience but i am greatful it is ok and i hope the injured will recover quickly
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    Hope that this is not too disillusioning, but where this source "digs deeply quickly" is on the internet from OTHER news sources! They do not station their own reporters in every city in the USA to "dig" facts on whatever news might occur in that city. They are considered a tabloid, and not too reliable of one, in their own country. If you "google" them, and DON'T use the sources that come up with Daily Mail in the web address.....you will see a large number of articles, quite a few are from university writing sources who warn students NOT to use that tabloid as a source for any papers, etc.

jmo
    Yet they get their facts right much of the time and more quickly then a lot of American papers. I've also gotten stuff from them that wasn't yet seen in American papers. My college has no problem with it being a source...it is also allowed here. It is definitely not a total tabloid.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

This is a really good comprehensive timeline, including witness accounts of redditors, it is being updated:

http://www.***********/r/news/comment...rora_massacre/

Part 2: http://www.***********/r/news/comment...rora_massacre/

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lava For This Useful Post:

I'd like to invite our guests to join WS. I promise we don't bite.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

has the world gone completely mad?

Everyday something worse than the last.

46. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kikid For This Useful Post:

I just saw a report on the news about this. Has anyone figured out how he got his hands on all of the explosives he had?

48. The Following User Says Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast