MI MI - Macomb Co, 2 WhtFems, UP10563 & UP11130, body parts in sewer, Aug'12

August 15, 2012 at 1:12 pm
Maintenance crew finds body parts in Sterling Heights sewer line
By Serena Maria Daniels
The Detroit News

Sterling Heights — A crew hired to perform maintenance on a Macomb County sewer line discovered a dozen body parts Wednesday morning.

Authorities at this point have but one detail, a tattoo on one of the body parts, that they hope will shed light on the identity of the remains, Sterling Heights Police Lt. Luke Riley told reporters at the site at 15 Mile and Maple Lane...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120815/METRO03/208150419#ixzz23dZTIogO

Hopefully this discovery will help solve a missing person/murder case for some family!

I looked at the photos of the tattoos. I thought maybe the type of tattoo might help determine if the person was male or female. Some parts of it look almost like a butterfly (to me). That would make me think the body parts belonged to a female.

Can anyone else tell what exactly the tattoo is of?

I looked at the photos of the tattoos. I thought maybe the type of tattoo might help determine if the person was male or female. Some parts of it look almost like a butterfly (to me). That would make me think the body parts belonged to a female.

Can anyone else tell what exactly the tattoo is of?

I thought maybe the tattoo was a dragon when I looked at it last night, but it's too hard to be sure. Now that you say butterfly, I can kind of see that as a possibility, too.

"...We took the photos to the Tattoo Gallery in Sterling Heights where Somo took a look.

Many pieces are missing, but at first glance he thought Japanese or Chinese dragon, but as he tried to put the images together like a puzzle, he started to compare the tattoo to the Grim Reaper.

Whatever it is, he believed the tattoo artist will know, calling the body marking elaborate and unique..."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/1...d-to-have-been-discovered-in-sterling-heights

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...terling-heights-michigan-sewer_n_1783553.html

Gene Schabath, Deputy Public Works Commissioner for Macomb County, told WWJ that there appeared to be several different body parts measuring about six inches in length.

“Between 10 and 15, and they don’t know where they came from. I mean, in terms of the body — arm, leg or whatever,” Schabath said.

One part reportedly has a tattoo

If those pieces are from the same tattoo, and it's possible considering they were found together, my first thought is something like a fairy. That would account for the curly, wispy part that looks like hair and the butterfly-like wings (assuming they even are wings.) That's just a wild guess on my part and fairies are far from uncommon tattoos.

I noticed that this news story is also posted in the "Unidentified" forum. Perhaps a moderator can merge the threads so that all info is in one place.

omg
#1 again i get my news from my hometown area from Websleuths. I read here more than I watch t.v.

#2 i can't believe I was just looking at photos in that link up there of someone's flesh. Pieces of someone's flesh. That were dropped into the sewer... those poor workers that made the discovery.

as for the tattoo. i don't see butterfly. I see a scorpion tail maybe and at first thought feather then scroll. idk. I pray the artist is from/in the area, they will know their work. imo

eta: not scroll or feather. that part looks like decorative background swirls Id's like to know the actual size of those pieces. It looks like a pretty good size tattoo. I also wonder where on the body that flesh came from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back