1209 users online (204 members and 1005 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrow September 11 missing (not at WTC)

I wanted to post some cases where they probably didn't get much media coverage due to the WTC attacks. Here are some... please feel free to add.

Sneha Anne Philip Missing September 10th, 2001 (possible that she ran into the towers the following morning- she was a doctor) Battery Park, New York City, NY

Michele Anne Harris Misisng September 11, 2001- Owego, New York

Ernest Lyons Missing September 12th, 2001- Manhattan, New York City, NY

Laurie Cannon Missing September 13th, 2001- Charlotte-Mecklenburg, NC

Amber Shawnell Hoopes Missing September 14, 2001- Idaho Falls, Idaho

Annette R. Mammone Missing September 15, 2001- Charlotte, NC

I have often wondered if any of the missing in the WTC disaster were actually murder victims. It seems that anyone with a diabolical plan to get rid of someone could have used that event to cover up their actions. Now this would only work if the person was near NYC and had some reason to be in that neighborhood.

Think of the possibilities. Not only could an evil person get rid of someone and never get caught, but his cleverness could earn him a share of the multi-million dollar pot too!

Yeah...

I remember reading about a girl who survived... and disapeared during the long walk home... I think I remember someone using her cell phone or something... I'll have to research it. I can't remember!

Ernest Lyons

On Ernest's site it says:

Last seen: At 6:00 P.M. on September 12, 2001, in Manhattan, New York, within the confines of the 32nd Precinct.

Am I reading this right? The last people that saw him were the police?

no...

No, unfortunately, the NYPD site lists each person's last location within a police precinct.

With all of those precincts... how could anyone figure it out?

Ahhh....ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Missing Persons and WTC 11 Sept 2001

There were a few cases of people filing fraudulent claims for compensation. They claimed to have lost a relative or loved one in the attack, and it was later proven that they were lying.

I suppose that it is entirely possible for someone to have entered one of those buildings that morning without telling anyone where they were going. Also, are those dates the last known sighting of the person, or could they be the date that the person was reported missing?

These are the last known dates that they were seen/contacted.

Sneha Anne Philip- this whole story is just a mystery. Here are some more links about her:
    http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/unso...ound_zero.html
    http://www.newsday.com/ny-nyzero2623...,4503178.story
    http://www.dailyherald.com/special/w...intID=37302139

Michele Anne Harris- just a bad day to go missing!

Ernest Lyons- I wonder if the attacks somehow aggrivated his bipolarism.

Update on Michele A. Harris

Quote Originally Posted by audrey77
    I wanted to post some cases where they probably didn't get much media coverage due to the WTC attacks. Here are some... please feel free to add.

Sneha Anne Philip Missing September 10th, 2001 (possible that she ran into the towers the following morning- she was a doctor) Battery Park, New York City, NY

Michele Anne Harris Misisng September 11, 2001- Owego, New York

Ernest Lyons Missing September 12th, 2001- Manhattan, New York City, NY

Laurie Cannon Missing September 13th, 2001- Charlotte-Mecklenburg, NC

Amber Shawnell Hoopes Missing September 14, 2001- Idaho Falls, Idaho

Annette R. Mammone Missing September 15, 2001- Charlotte, NC

Michele A. Harris, mother of 4
    http://www.pressconnects.com/today/t...5s190332.shtml
    She filed for divorce eight months earlier, married apparently to a wealthy car dealer, yet she was waitressing?
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 09-11-2005 at 05:52 PM. Reason: error

Michele Anne Harris- from the Charley Project:

Michele resided on Hagadorn Road in Owego, New York in 2001. She was in the process of divorcing her husband, Calvin Harris, at the time of her disappearance; she had filed for divorce eight months' previous. Michele and Calvin have four young children together and the family was residing at the same house. Michele's attorney said that she had obtained an order of protection from Calvin while they continued to live together. It prohibited any mental or physical abuse. The divorce was described as complicated and there were allegations of infidelity on both sides. Michele's attorney stated that she feared the power of Calvin and her in-laws, as they owned the Royal Group Auto Dealership in Tioga County, New York and are considered a prominent business family. Her lawyer also said that the divorce would be finalized soon and Michele would be financially secure for the rest of her life. Her loved ones said that she was looking forward to a fresh start with her children.
    Michele spent the day of September 11, 2001 with her family. She worked her evening shift as a waitress at Lefty's, a bar and restaurant in the vicinity of the 400 block of Broad Street in Waverly, New York, and departed from the establishment at 9:30 p.m. She visited a friend in Barton, New York and left the friend's home at 11:30 p.m. She never arrived at her own home and has not been heard from again.
    Michele's minivan, a gold 2000 Ford Winstar with New York dealer plates, was discovered abandoned on September 12 by the Harris family housekeeper. It was on the road shoulder near the entrance to the Harris property in the vicinity of the 300 block of Hagadorn Hill Road in Spencer, New York. They keys were still in the ignition. An extensive search of the area produced no clues as to Michele's whereabouts.
    Authorities have not ruled out anyone as a suspect in Michele's case. Calvin has offered a reward for information leading to her recovery and hired a private investigator to work the case. He has hired a lawyer and will not comment publicly on Michele's case. Her loved ones believe that foul play was involved in Michele's disappearance, as do investigators, who are investigating her case as a homicide.

Angry Michele

I appreciate the extra info, Audrey!
    This case reeks of the ex, and his most probable involvement. That update I posted broke my heart, with that pic of the brother mourning over an empty headstone.
    Lawyering up, eh? I hope the perp gets what's coming!
    Our own 911 attack probably made the perp(s) think they could get away with this. But, dear God, an order of protection, and still living together? AND, now, 4 years later. I think LE knows who did this. Just connect the dots. Convene a grand jury. Those poor children!
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 09-12-2005 at 03:41 AM. Reason: spelling?

Found this on Amber Hoopes

Amber Shawnell Hoopes, a five-foot, five-inch 140-pound female with brown hair and brown eyes was born Dec. 27, 1980 in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
    Amber Hoopes was last seen by family members in their residence in Idaho Falls, Idaho, at approximately 10:30 p.m. on September 14, 2001. At approximately 1:00 a.m., a family member found the television and lights were on in Amber's bedroom, but she was no longer inside. Her personal belongings were still in the room.

Amber Hoopes was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, gray and white boxer shorts, and a terry cloth gray robe. She is known to wear a small diamond stud earring in the top of her left ear. Hoopes has white spots (vitaligo) on her left leg from her ankle to her thigh and on her upper left arm. She may have a crooked toe.

http://crime.about.com/od/missing/a/hoopes.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger
    I think LE knows who did this. Just connect the dots. Convene a grand jury.
    They have. Michele's husband was charged with murder a few months ago.

A long-ish, fascinating article about the disappearance of Sneha Philip was published last month in New York magazine.

Last Seen On September 10th

A young doctor goes missing. No body, few clues. Her family believes she died a hero in the World Trade Center, but cops tell a very different story. The mystery of the 2,750th victim.

By Mark Fass
    http://newyorkmetro.com/news/features/17336/index.html

Off topic slightly, I read the www.postsecret.com site frequently, have for a long time.

This postcard that will forever be burned into my memory went something like this: (on a postcard picturing the WTC towers)

Everyone who knew me before 9-11 thinks I'm dead.

I will never forget it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast