1239 users online (236 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Three accidental gun show shootings injure 5 in OH, IN, NC on Saturday

Last edited by wfgodot; 01-19-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added last link's site

. It's simply exhausting.

Hey, people....let's remember...guns don't injure people...people injure people!

Regardless of gun politics, it is not a notable achievement to have had three shootings injuring five people at gun shows on "Gun Appreciation Day."

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Regardless of gun politics, it is not a notable achievement to have had three shootings injuring five people at gun shows on "Gun Appreciation Day."
    I was being facetious. I don't like guns. It is my opinion that there would be less deaths overall if there were no guns. Yeah, yeah, I know, people would just find other weapons. Well, some of them would. But guns are just so darn convenient for killing someone.

http://gunappreciationday.com/
    Guns are Safe & Sexy: Let’s Show our Appreciation on January 19th
    Fri, Jan 18, 2013
    Gun Appreciation Day is January 19th, and I predict it will be a bang up success (pun very much intended).
    Oy vey...

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Hey, people....let's remember...guns don't injure people...people injure people!
    Sounds like this gun went off all by itself?

Agency spokesman Brian Long says a 12-gauge shotgun discharged while its owner, 36-year-old Gary Lynn Wilson, of Wilmington, unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check it at a security entrance.
    At least there was something good that came out of this, IMO. Thought, I'm sure we'll soon hear the public outcry about a gun show banning private guns

The Dixie Gun and Knife Show will continue as planned but there will be no private gun sales allowed, and personal guns will not be allowed on property. Gun sales will be allowed only by licensed dealers within the confines of the Jim Graham Building
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=8960332

How did this happened? I read where the gun went off at the inspection point. I have been to gun shows and NONE of the guns were loaded. The vendors take extreme precaution to ensure that nothing bad happens. At a gun show, an individual can bring in a gun to exchange or sell but they are checked at the door to ensure the weapon is not loaded. This individual should have been responsible enough to make sure there were no shells in the chamber before he brought it in - to do otherwise should lead to arrest.

I grew up in a gun owning family. We used guns for hunting and slaughtering. The guns kept in our house were never loaded. I own a rifle and the shells are stored separate from the gun and the gun itself is never stored with a shell in the chamber. These basic practices are taught in gun safety class.

This past fall I took my 11YO grandson to a youth day held by the deer hunters association. They were allowed to shoot a variety of firearms only AFTER attending safety class. Firearms used for hunting by TRAINED people are not problematic.
    Last edited by miimaa; 01-20-2013 at 01:59 PM.

A teenage boy shot two adults and three children dead near Albuquerque Saturday night.

WS: NM - Teenage gunman shoots five dead near Albuquerque, including three children
    Last edited by KateB; 06-14-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Most who legally own guns probably think they are responsible gun owners.
    Just my opinion

Not gun show related but another accidental gun death on Saturday
    GRESHAM, Ore. -- A 23-year-old man died Saturday morning as a result of what Gresham Police are calling "an accidental shooting."
    http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...kj1VBUNqQ.cspx

And more:

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/P...187596231.html

Deputies learned that three teenagers were inside a home and a 15-year-old was handling his grandfather's .38 caliber revolver in the kitchen, when he allegedly stumbled and shot his 14-year-old friend, who was visiting.

(He may survive this)

It was a bad day for the NRA
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Bad day for the USA.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast