FL - Christine McGowan, 1990: Justice served 22 years later

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
So sad that it took 22 years for this execution to take place. Rest in peace Christine McGowan. This guy will never harm another little girl.

"In November 1990, Carroll was indicted on a count of first-degree murder and sexual battery for the rape and murder of McGowan.

Judge Belvin Perry sentenced Carroll to death and state attorney Jeff Ashton won the conviction and death sentence recommendation.

Perry called the rape and strangulation "savage and barbaric."

Ashton was at the prison to witness the execution. When he spoke with Channel 9's Kathi Belich Wednesday afternoon, he called Carroll "evil."

"I was there the day it happened, at the house and at the medical examiner's facility. For me it's sort of a completion. I always thought that if I was going to ask for the (death) penalty I should be able to stand and watch it happen," said Ashton.

Carroll threatened to "rise from the grave" and take vengeance on Ashton.

The girl Carroll had killed lived with her family next door to a halfway house for homeless men where Carroll was staying in Apopka."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/man-set-be-executed-rape-murder-10-year-old-girl/nX45P/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back