NY NY - Jocelyne Johnson, 32, Utica, Oneida Co, 8 Dec 2020 *endangered*

NYanon

Reaction score
Jocelyn Johnson is 32 years of age.
• She was 31 when reported Missing.
• Missing since either 08 / 23 december 2020.
• Missing from Utica, New York (which is the seat of Oneida County, and within the Mohawk Valley).
• She is described as: Black; 5' 1" / 61" / 155 cm; 125 lbs / 57 kg / 9 stone; black hair; brown eyes.
⚠️ It is stated that she needs regular treatment for unspecified medical conditions.

[All conversions are approximate.]

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

[Apologies, technical difficulties were encountered whilst attempting to add her photo; it is viewable on NAMUS.]

No search result on Doe Network.
No search result on Charley Project.
No search result here on WebSleuths.

Missing endangered female Jocelyne Johnson

Ms. Johnson's medical conditions make it necessary for her to located and receive regular services, however she has not been seen since December 8th, 2020.

152486299_4037405416271904_4984707789861997064_n.jpg

Another link: Have you seen her? Police seek help finding missing, endangered Utica woman

This one also says she was last seen on 08 December 2020, and adds that she didn't return home for her 32nd birthday on 19 January 2021.

Could there have been some sort of contact (via phone, for example) leading to the two different dates in December -- i.e., there has been no verified visual sighting of Jocelyn since the 08th, but a text message or phone call occurred on the 23rd?

(From NAMUS: ". . . however she has not been seen since December 23rd, 2020.")

Maybe it's a typo or other error.

Missing Persons - Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers Oneida County

Another photo.

Jocelyn J. Johnson
5'2" [62"] [157 cm]
135 lbs. [61kg]
[9½ stone, or 9 stone 8 pounds]
{Conversions are approximate}.

The information directly under her picture says her birthdate is Unknown, but the paragraph beneath that information includes it (19 January 1989). Her height is an inch taller, and her weight is ten pounds more, on this site. Though the paragraph mentions the Missing date as 23 December 2020, the missing date stated at the bottom of her case information is 04 january 2021. Other than the noted discrepancies, all other information is the same.

[Edit for visual clarity of information]

Last edited:
Jocelyne J. Johnson – The Charley Project

johnson_jocelyne.jpg
johnson_jocelyne2.jpg

• Missing Since: 12/08/2020
  • Missing From: Utica, New York
  • Classification: Endangered Missing
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: Black
  • Date of Birth: 01/19/1989 (32)
  • Height and Weight: 5'1, 125 - 135 pounds
  • Medical Conditions: Johnson has unspecified medical problems requiring regular treatment.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Johnson was last seen in Utica, New York on December 8, 2020. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Utica Police Department 315-735-3301
Source Information

Irt my last post, does anyone know how to submit potential matches like this that don’t have a doenetwork profile? Is the only avenue to reach out to the investigating agency? I can do that if that’s what is needed but it feels so weird to be a random internet person contacting the cops

I just created this account to post this. Could this Jane doe be a match? They look very similar to each other and the details seem to match.
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP83746

Hello, and welcome.
Thank you for deciding to contribute here.

Here is the thread for the Brooklyn Jane Doe (the Unidentifed Individual from the NAMUS link you shared):

NY - NY - Brooklyn Brdg, BlkFem 15-35 (30-50), UP83746, piercings, ARJK/ARIK, KYRON, & leaf tatts, Aug'21

The possibility of Brooklyn Doe and Ms. Johnson being the same person was mentioned on page six there; while there was no disagreement, there was also no agreement, nor discussion of the possibility, and the thread moved on.

To my current recollection, your suggestion in this thread is the only additional validation of the possibility.

Of course, the hope is that Ms. Johnson is alive and well somewhere, and that confirmation of that will come soon.

Irt my last post, does anyone know how to submit potential matches like this that don’t have a doenetwork profile? Is the only avenue to reach out to the investigating agency? I can do that if that’s what is needed but it feels so weird to be a random internet person contacting the cops

There might be someone with more tenure on this site, who could better answer your question. The NAMUS page does seem to have contact information for the Investigating Agency; I don't recall offhand there being any contact information other than what is shared in the posts between the two threads. (Theoretically, one could contact either, or both agencies, for the respective persons).

Agreed, it might feel strange to be a random member of the general public, contacting law enforcement about a case. On one side, l.e. would understand the good intention and appreciate the effort; the information might be helpful in some way. On the other side, it might not be helpful and one might encounter some rudeness.

If you'd feel more comfortable discussing the reasons why you'd think the two cases might be linked, you may feel free. Maybe you would prefer to discuss that on the Brooklyn Doe thread? I would be interested in your ideas, but please, if you decide to submit the suggestion, don't feel you have to wait for anyone's reply. (Myself, I'll likely be back online here next week or later; I look forward to catching up with any new posts then).

Take care.

Jocelyne seems to remain missing; she is still listed in NamUs.

NamUs:

Charley Project profile:

Details of Disappearance:
Johnson was last seen in Utica, New York on December 8, 2020. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency:
Utica Police Department 315-735-3301

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000