805 users online (118 members and 687 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Southwest States - AZ, CA, CO, NM, OK, TX, AR, LA, UT, NV - Weather Discussion

This thread will contain information for the SouthWest

Here 749 miles from Albuquerque, it's cloudy in exreme NE OK but the perilous weather seems, at least on the eastern side of the state right now, to be avoiding us and pushing across to central Arkansas - also in the southwestern region.

El Reno tornado was upgraded to an EF5 with 296 MPH winds and a base of 2.6 miles wide.

http://kfor.com/2013/06/04/update-el...ado-on-record/

This gives Oklahoma the record for EF5's. This is crazy that they would have 2 EF5's in a month.

Is AK supposed to be Arkansas (AR)? Or have they moved Alaska (AK) next door to us?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    Is AK supposed to be Arkansas (AR)? Or have they moved Alaska (AK) next door to us?
    lol
    They moved California and Mexico into Missouri...they are towns in MO. lol
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

lol

I will fix it...but with the heat does the cool air from Alaska feel good...

Quote Originally Posted by raine1212 View Post
    I will fix it...but with the heat does the cool air from Alaska feel good...
    I figured it was wishful thinking!!!

Current OK radar:

http://www.koco.com/weather/radar
    Last edited by my_tee_mouse; 06-05-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Whole lotta medium rains, thunder, internet off, cursing as a result, dog subsequently leaving room in disgust, etc., here in NE OK this a.m.

Dark skies and big big thunder here in NWA. Big fat drops of rain starting to fall. Wind picking up. Temperature starting to rise. (I was taking comfort in the fact that it was so cool and hoping that would keep the whirlies away).

WASHINGTON AND BENTON COUNTIES IN ARKANSAS ARE UNDER A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY

UNDER A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY, HAZARDS INCLUDE...
    HAIL UP TO ONE-HALF INCH...
    WIND GUSTS TO 50 MPH...
    MINOR FLOODING IN AREAS OF POOR DRAINAGE...
    Last edited by my_tee_mouse; 06-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Severe Storms Possible Across Parts of Southern U.S.

The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon & evening from eastern New Mexico across parts of northern Texas & southern Oklahoma & into the mid-Mississippi & Tennessee Valleys. The main threats will be large hail & damaging winds and the greatest threat for severe weather overall is across eastern New Mexico into the Texas South Plains region.

http://www.weather.gov/

MCDONALD, MO

Areal Flood Advisory:
    Issued at: 7:53 am CDT on June 5, 2013, expires at: 2:00 PM CDT on June 05, 2013

The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a

Flood Advisory for... Barton County in southwest Missouri... Cherokee County in southeast Kansas... Crawford County in southeast Kansas... Jasper County in southwest Missouri... McDonald County in southwest Missouri... Newton County in southwest Missouri...

until 200 PM CDT Wednesday.

At 748 am CDT...National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Radar has estimated rainfall rates up to one inch per hour.

Runoff from this heavy rainfall will cause minor flooding. Creeks...streams and low water crossings will be especially susceptible to the dangers of flooding. This advisory includes but is not limited to the following low water crossings... Highway 43 at Buffalo Creek west of Anderson... north main and Murphy Boulevard in Joplin... business Highway 60 just north of Neosho... Highway 37 at the Spring River southwest of Avilla... Highway 7 at little Cherry Creek north of Columbus. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated or ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.

Read more: http://www.4029tv.com/weather/alerts#ixzz2VLjNBaye

lol
    LOL!

I suppose LA in this case is Louisiana? I need the Louisiana weather. Hurricane season is here already.

Raine1212!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Special "Welcome to Your Summer!" day here with 93% humidity, soaked grass trapped beneath an iron grey sky.

Magazine names OKC-Tulsa I-44 corridor one of eight most dangerous regions on earth:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...329314#slide-7

Having a big thunderstorm here in northeast Louisiana right now. Lost internet for a time as well as my Direct TV signal. The thunder actually shook the windows! Love the rain but hate the storms.

*Flash Flood Warning in effect until 5am in my parish.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast