Police pull guns on woman giving birth

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Debbie Coleman's baby started to arrive as the suburban Dayton woman pulled her van into a gas station with her two young daughters asleep in the back. A service station attendant who saw the self-delivery says Coleman gave him a look, like "I gotta go" and sped off.

"I asked if she needed help, and she just leaned back in the seat, hollered a little, and I looked down and there was the baby's head," said station co-owner Lloyd Goff,

"She caught that baby, put it to her chest, gave me a look, like, 'I gotta go,' closed the door, put the van in gear and away she went."

He called police, who mixed up her license plate with a stolen one. Another motorist phoned 9-1-1, thinking she was about to toss the self-delivered baby out of a window. But it was all a misunderstanding.

As she neared the hospital, police with guns drawn pulled her over. Officers surrounded her and ordered her to come out with her hands up. That's when she held up her baby boy -- with the placenta and umbilical cord still attached.

Exasperated, she opened the door and said, "I just had a baby." Seeing the baby with the umbilical cord still attached, the officers waved her on to the hospital.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/family/4333509/detail.html

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4333768/detail.html

It says the baby is still in ICU, does anyone know if there was something wrong or is it just a precaution? That poor woman, giving birth all by herself with her other babies asleep in the van. WOW.

Well the cops don't have a crystal ball. They did what they're supposed to do during a felony stop for a stolen car.

Why didn't she stay put and have the attendant call for help? I cannot imagine driving immediately after giving birth. What a gal. :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back