1210 users online (199 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman sexually assulted on Commercial Flight

A 25-year-old Peabody woman testified yesterday she woke up in horror aboard a Delta flight three years ago to discover a man with his hand down her pants.
    ``What the (expletive) are you doing?'' the medical secretary told jurors she said as she grabbed the man's forearm. ``He looked at me as if he had no idea what I was taking about.''
    The woman identified Arizona health care executive Deepak Jahagirdar yesterday as the man who digitally raped her as she slept during the afternoon Dallas-to-Boston flight on March 31, 2002.
    Jahagirdar, 56, has pleaded innocent to charges of sexual abuse and abusive sexual contact aboard an aircraft and faces up to 20 years if convicted.
    Testing on DNA taken from scrapings of his fingernails matched the woman's DNA, prosecutors said.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...rticleid=75670

That's Pretty Horrible.

But is there really a law for:
    abusive sexual contact aboard an aircraft ?
    Does it make it worse because they're in an airplane???

Hi Jeana.. I think it has something to do with there being no juristiction... like if it happened in Iowa, or Kansas... because it is on a plane, it could be anywhere so it is a different set of laws.. like maritime law for ships... etc

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Hi Jeana.. I think it has something to do with there being no juristiction... like if it happened in Iowa, or Kansas... because it is on a plane, it could be anywhere so it is a different set of laws.. like maritime law for ships... etc

That makes sense.