1068 users online (171 members and 897 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 94
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Sorry, I don't see it. There is an 83 year old man with that name who is a lawyer? The link you posted shows Pasadena, not Hollywood?
    Then suddenly he is a man you found a picture of that is 45 or 50 years old? Just because the man you found a picture of looks like he could be Asian, you think the letter of reference could be legit? What would lead you to the conclusion that she went to law school?
    There are two Roger Ronald Steinbeck as per White Pages. One is 83, one is in his early 30's. As per White Pages' deduction based upon former residences, the two men are related. The one in his 30's is a graduate of Loyala and was admitted to the bar in 2008.

    There is also a Roger T Steinbeck who is listed as 64 in the White Pages.

    On Ancestry.com you can find both of the older men's birthdates as well as a bit of information via the censuses on the older Mr. Steinbeck's history.

    Just a quick glance shows the older Mr. Steinbeck he has lived an absolutely fascinating life.

    I have nothing on him being a lawyer, though. . .not sure about the evidence for that one.
    Last edited by snarlingcoyote; 07-16-2013 at 12:22 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    oh, and during this search, one of the names led to this result for a google search.....

    http://www.cdars.com/aboutus/default.aspx

    CEDAR?!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    haha Claire, I was editing the post, and I kept having to go do work related things and got logged out so I had to redo each time, this is the final edit, sorry! there are 2 Roger Steinbeck. One is 83 the other is 30ish. per the people finders results. They are both listed at both addresses, one in North Hollywood and one in another town. Pasadena is the law firm address for the young of the two. I don't know what job the older one has. I was typing the old post before i figured out the younger one was a different person, sorry for the confusion....I should type out after I am totally done with the research instead of editing..sorry!!!!!
    I am just wondering if she was in law school due to the Perkins thing, and now this guy is a lawyer.. nothing to back that up with. It is possible the letterhead was from one of these persons, if they are from or have family in another country and they were traveling.

    Claire you quoted me before I got to edit...crazy work night sorry.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    oh, and Kathy Jeung said she didn't know our FLEK and thought it was strange that she had her private phone number. I had a "friend" ask her.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    It also appears that the C Steinbeck/Howe's middle name was Geneva. She died in 2003 and ancestry.com has "civil" which I am assuming means marriage...? Listed as Mississippi...which is a coincidence I guess that Ben Perkins was from that state... if that is the same one..I dont have a membership so I cant cross reference there.
    Last edited by Linda9681; 07-16-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: add details.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    haha Claire, I was editing the post, and I kept having to go do work related things and got logged out so I had to redo each time, this is the final edit, sorry! there are 2 Roger Steinbeck. One is 83 the other is 30ish. per the people finders results. They are both listed at both addresses, one in North Hollywood and one in another town. Pasadena is the law firm address for the young of the two. I don't know what job the older one has. I was typing the old post before i figured out the younger one was a different person, sorry for the confusion....I should type out after I am totally done with the research instead of editing..sorry!!!!!
    I am just wondering if she was in law school due to the Perkins thing, and now this guy is a lawyer.. nothing to back that up with. It is possible the letterhead was from one of these persons, if they are from or have family in another country and they were traveling.

    Claire you quoted me before I got to edit...crazy work night sorry.
    I edited my post so it does not reflect your post before you got to edit it. I hate when that happens to me. Thanks for the clarification! Now it makes sense, but I still don't think she went to law school.

    "Back in the day", hotels actually gave out stationery with their letterhead on it to hotel guests.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    the thing with the Cecilia name is crazy. I mean it looks like she is several different ages, and lived all over the place. I wonder if another family member had the same name...I will look into it further. If someone has an ancestry membership, can you guys check...

    I would love to see a pic of the old one and Cecilia.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    oh, and Kathy Jeung said she didn't know our FLEK and thought it was strange that she had her private phone number. I had a "friend" ask her.
    Please post this in the Jeung/Lish thread. This is an important piece of information.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    oh, and Kathy Jeung said she didn't know our FLEK and thought it was strange that she had her private phone number. I had a "friend" ask her.
    Wow, interesting!
    I wonder if a friend of Kathy knew our LEK and gave her the number. Private!? and not the business number. . .

    thx!
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

    Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

    Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

  10. #40
    There isn't a phone number on the letter of reference which to me is really strange...
    I agree, this appears bogus.

    The writing is not professional in that RS does not state what job LEK had / no skill set just she was cordial to other tenants.... not buying it.
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

    Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

    Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    Ok sorry I was wrong on her response. Again I glanced at her response while busy at work. Her actual statement was "weird my name on peice of paper, my given name as well...u can contact me privately thru MSG 2 discussbut don't know if I can be of any help"

    So she was saying her private name ...my mind was thinking number, until Claire asked me about it and I read it again. Sorry for the MIS information! I went to bed before I corrected it. My "friend" asked her last night what name she was talking about and asked her if that was her number and when she had it. She has not responded yet. I assume she has a busy lifestyle.. We will see.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    822
    As far as the language on the letter.. Maybe we should research the background of the person who wrote it. That may be how they communicate.. Maybe a foreign primary language.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    492
    The SSA detective said there was no such person as Roger Steinbeck. I take this to mean he thinks the letter was a fake/forgery with a made up name.

    I'm not sure this lead is going to go anywhere.


    As for the Jeung... what does "given name" mean? Is that to imply that the Il Seung is her first name and she Americanized it? (I have found evidence that Il Seung is a female name.)
    Eternally optimistic!

    Hoping to find:
    John Spira (Avatar picture of John)
    Bendetta "Beth" Bentley
    Tionda and Diamond Bradley

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda9681 View Post
    As far as the language on the letter.. Maybe we should research the background of the person who wrote it. That may be how they communicate.. Maybe a foreign primary language.
    even with dismissing the language and sentence structure, it is still extremely fake looking. no title, no mention of what LEK did there, no mention of employment or lodging dates (besides the vague "high school" reference). everything about this letter screams fake.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    218
    83 year old Roger Steinbeck appears to be the son of Rudolf Steinbeck (Steinbeock) who was involved with films. In 1937 listed his occupation as Cinema & Fotographer. Reads English, German, & Spanish.
    Rudolf also appears to be this Rudolf
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0825708/
    but the DOB and DOD are off.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. The ransom note & Patsy Ramsey, letter by letter.
    By cynic in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 1003
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 07:33 PM

Tags for this Thread