976 users online (172 members and 804 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Who would be in line to inherit the house? I really wonder if Caleb had a will. If he didn't, wouldn't the house be inherited by his kids?
    Doesn't the article mention a sister? Or is he the only son?

Great thought.

I am sure LE would considered this as a motive.

Good question! There was much more to the article when I originally read it. It detailed what happened after Caleb was incarcerated, which really is the meat of the story. Somehow a significant part of the article is missing.

Here you go....the Brampton Guardian has the full version of the story still.

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news...he-harrisons-/

It is in the second half of the original article where the story gets curiouser and curiouser.
    Thank you! I was baffled by how much more information others had gotten from the first link. I wonder why they redacted it so heavily?

It does seem possible that the children are the motive somehow with their mother having been previously convicted of parental kidnapping and her pending request to increase her custodial rights.

Quote Originally Posted by x_files View Post
    Doesn't the article mention a sister? Or is he the only son?

Great thought.

I am sure LE would considered this as a motive.
    The articles I read said specifically that Caleb was the Harrisons's only child. I suppose his birth parents may have had other children who would be his siblings but I don't think they'd have any claim to his estate.

This is from a Toronto Star article dated earlier than their Aug 30 more detailed story (and subsequently posted via Brampton Guardian in post #26 above).

Harrison was last seen coaching his children at the baseball diamond in Eringate Park, near Eglinton Ave. W. and Renforth Dr. at about 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, though there was also some phone activity after that time, Cowan said.

“We’d like to get some background, some history on his movements in the last few weeks,” Cowan said.

Police believe he was operating a green Mustang was known to visit licensed establishments in the area.

Does that last comment imply that he had gone back to heavy drinking? A lot of people go to bars and aren't heavy drinkers, but it's odd that they used the phrase that they did. If Caleb did start drinking heavily again and was driving around in his green Mustang, imagine how the victims from his earlier DUI accident would feel about that!

In this article it also states that the kids lived with their mother, but in later articles it was implied that she had the kids every second weekend and on vacation and had just filed for fully shared custody.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20..._homicide.html
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

It's been quit awhile with no news. Surely they have a cause of death by now. It's a pretty strange case to not be getting more media attention.
    Retired 08/03/03

seems like Caleb had more than a few potential enemies but I suspect we will see an arrest before the end of the year

problem is, where will the children go then?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    seems like Caleb had more than a few potential enemies but I suspect we will see an arrest before the end of the year

problem is, where will the children go then?
    But what about his Mothers suspicious death? The three of them dieing in the house is either a bizarre coincidence or something hinky. Something just doesn't seem right.
    Retired 08/03/03

Police are announcing an arrest!!

No MSM yet! Stay posted!

Ex-wife and boyfriend charged with killing Mississauga man and his mother three years apart:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20..._harrison.html

His ex wife and her CL partner have been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Ramnit View Post
    His ex wife and her CL partner have been charged.

I suspected this!

The faces of double Murderers....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unhappy

I'm leaning toward a motive related to his children. Who had custody in spite of Caleb going to jail? His parents did. Then dad dies. But mother still is emotionally strong enough to keep taking care of her grandkids. If we kill her then perhaps custody will transfer before Caleb gets released. And then Caleb gets out....and he had primary custody of the kids.

I really have no idea what happened....whether they were all murdered...whether it has anything to do with the kids...but there seems to be a possible connection to the kids.
    RSBM

Looks like you may be right, Snoopster. Ex-wife out to get custody of the kids by any means... and when grandmother retained custody after her hubby died, they had to get rid of her... and then didn't Caleb get in the way, so he had to go, too.

Poor children, all the loss that they have suffered in their short lives and now to learn that their mother may very well have killed their grandmother and father (and grandfather???). If that doesn't create trust issues for them, I don't know what will.

I trust LE is looking into that house fire from earlier in the ex-wife & her partner's relationship... insurance money???

To think they probably would have gotten away with it if they hadn't killed Caleb. (presuming they are found guilty, naturally)

It looks like e will never know whether they killed Caleb's father:

“Forensically, there’s nothing we can do to determine Caleb’s dad’s [cause of] death,” Insp. Koekkoek said.

But he added that it, along with Ms. Harrison’s death, had been reinvestigated after evidence was unearthed following Caleb Harrison’s death in 2013.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle16550344/

Earlier when I was looking into the case and came across Christopher Fattore's web presence, including his crowdfunding website to raise funds for his own family after their house fire....well, it just didn't sit well. It seemed that they were seeking attention and sympathy. I suspect they set the fire themselves, to get attention and perhaps money as 'victims'. I didn't want to post too much at the time as they hadn't been named as suspects in the Harrisons' deaths.

JMO.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

This article supports your post above, Snoopster -

http://globalnews.ca/news/1112556/ar...d-last-summer/

Merritt and Fattore were living in a farmhouse near St. Marys, Ont., when it burned down in March 2012, according to local news reports from the time. Fattore appears to have set up a fundraising website to help his family – which he said included five children between the ages of 10 and one with another on the way – rebuild their lives.

Fattore told the Stratford Gazette the fire started in the living room and foul play was ruled out. Koekkoek said Tuesday the fire has no relationship that he is aware of to the Harrisons’ deaths.

A blog post under the name Chris Fattore from Nov. 8 titled “starting over” says he and his family, which includes six children, moved from Ontario to Nova Scotia.
    BBM

Possible arsonist, scammer, now suspected murderer - what a gem.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast