738 users online (131 members and 607 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    Well I called the police woman about Barbara Jean Barkley and DBLN.

    Same as Kelly Bergh Dove in Shanandoah VA

    or two different ones DBLN was convicted of one in NJ Nov 12, 1980 Maria Santini (likely not her real name) and again Delaware Nov 19, 1980 from a maternity store.

    The Barkley case newspaper article suggested that this police woman cared - that she be telephoned.

    Typical. She left her cell phone number on her regular answering machine. She called me back to tell me not to call her cell phone. Beyond that it took me days of calling her desk phone. It took me 10 to 30 calls to get through - no call back was coming - likely ever. The cop was just annoyed. This time I told her squarely - I cannot stand calling about these cases. What am I supposed to do? I think I might know something that could help. You, as a law enforcement officer have declared publicly that you want information from a person like me if I might have something - which I do - so who is wasting whose time here? She seemed to calm down a bit from here in the conversation - I guess she may worry about her total disregard for meaningful information may get back to the public.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by thefirstman View Post
    Well I called the police woman about Barbara Jean Barkley and DBLN.

    Same as Kelly Bergh Dove in Shanandoah VA

    or two different ones DBLN was convicted of one in NJ Nov 12, 1980 Maria Santini (likely not her real name) and again Delaware Nov 19, 1980 from a maternity store.

    The Barkley case newspaper article suggested that this police woman cared - that she be telephoned.

    Typical. She left her cell phone number on her regular answering machine. She called me back to tell me not to call her cell phone. Beyond that it took me days of calling her desk phone. It took me 10 to 30 calls to get through - no call back was coming - likely ever. The cop was just annoyed. This time I told her squarely - I cannot stand calling about these cases. What am I supposed to do? I think I might know something that could help. You, as a law enforcement officer have declared publicly that you want information from a person like me if I might have something - which I do - so who is wasting whose time here? She seemed to calm down a bit from here in the conversation - I guess she may worry about her total disregard for meaningful information may get back to the public.
    Thefirstman, Do you think DBLN was the perp in Mary Shotwell Little's case?
    Choose Kindness

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mama View Post
    Thefirstman, Do you think DBLN was the perp in Mary Shotwell Little's case?
    Yes - in my opinion this was his first.
    If you look at his criminal profile the authorities indicate that they believed his first murder was 1965.
    Several things point to his involvement: it was a low level mafia crew targeting a bank - likely DBLN brought the job to a "boss" and Shptwell was to supposed to help from the inside.
    You have notes and ransom attempts - that's his MO. You have him driving her all over the place using her cc refit card at gas stations that's his MO.
    Here are two more - he's sketched - Leota Camp Iowa 1067. And Dorothy Miller 1969 Iowa realtor - WOW!

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by thefirstman View Post
    Yes - in my opinion this was his first.
    If you look at his criminal profile the authorities indicate that they believed his first murder was 1965.
    Several things point to his involvement: it was a low level mafia crew targeting a bank - likely DBLN brought the job to a "boss" and Shptwell was to supposed to help from the inside.
    You have notes and ransom attempts - that's his MO. You have him driving her all over the place using her cc refit card at gas stations that's his MO.
    Here are two more - he's sketched - Leota Camp Iowa 1067. And Dorothy Miller 1969 Iowa realtor - WOW!
    I think he was responsible for Mary's disappearance as well. So much of what took place smacked of his work. I posted as such in her thread recently. Families of suspected victims could rally together to bring the evidence back out on the table. An analysis of the photos of women that were on his wall must take place. MD must be re-examined. Doing so would help LE close many cold cases, and give families answers at long last.

    I would like to hear more on your take on MD's involvement in Mary Shotwell Little's case. Particularly regarding the area in bold. T.I.A.
    Choose Kindness

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    4,658
    This is from a blog, hope it's OK to post:

    The Grisly Details of Serial “Mall Killer” Mike DeBardeleben’s Actions Will Never Be Known

    http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/20...ever-be-known/

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    This is from a blog, hope it's OK to post:

    http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/20...ever-be-known/
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Sounds like the author of this article was in the Secret Service. In the comments section he mentioned that the case occured prior to his career. The article was from 2014. Seems he is still a subject of study or at least analysis......
    Choose Kindness

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    4,658
    Just happened across this tonight, from 1984:

    Accused sex torturer gets 100-year sentence
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...pg=4240,658470

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    438
    I saw a special on him once, in which the investigator stated that he no doubt in his mind DeBardeleben was one of the most dangerous criminals alive.

    PURE example of a sociopath

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    29

    NJ: I think this is the guy who tried to kidnap me when I was 11/12!

    This really hard. I need some time but I've spent my life and my career looking for him and I think this is him. OMG. I can't begin to say what this feels like 40+ years later. I will update soon.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    29
    My biggest question is: did this guy ever drive an MG Midget? This is the piece that does not fit? My potential kidnapper drove a green Midget MG from the 1970s. It had old NY orange license plates beginning with YK23, I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sub; 03-17-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: add info


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    29
    It looks a lot like him

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    29
    n 1974, when I was 11 going on 12, I was walking home from my Catholic elementary school near Paterson, NJ (Passaic County), when a man in his 30-early 40s pulled up in a green MG Midget with old orange NY plates (YK23???).

    I was wearing my school uniform when a man pulled up in the MG asking for directions. He was a brown-haired white man, mustached with short hair and glasses, wearing a business shirt and pants with a loosened tie. He asked me for directions to Paterson which I gave him. He told me to come closer and pointed at his erect penis. He asked me if I ever saw one and told me I should get into his car. Every fiber in me wanted to flee. He told me to get into his car. I refused and he badgered me and used adult "I-mean-it-or-else" voice but I said I lived nearby and pointed to a stranger's home a few doors away. I was frightened. He slowly followed me to the house as I walked shaking whole way because I did not know those people. I rang the doorbell. He watched me closely the whole time then sped away. I walked to the corner and saw him speed up the block but I heard him coming down the next block. His car was loud. I hid in bushes as he drove past the house slowly and then circled the block multiple times. I cried. I don't know how long he circled. I cried and prayed he did not see me. On his last sweep past, he shouted, "I know you're there!" He was so angry.

    I stayed in those bushes for hours and arrived home late for dinner after taking a circuitous route through the woods. This has affected my entire life and career choice: a federal probation officer. I needed to find him. I still do. DeB looks a lot like him. I'd love to see him in profile. Then, I'd know. That and I need to know if he drove a MG.

    Thanks!!

  13. #43
    Sub - That is such a scary experience you recount. Thank you for being willing to share the story. Thank goodness he is dead now. He was very good at what he did. I too am nearly certain that I ran into him. You may want to read through the case of the Lyons sisters of Wheaton, MD. They disappeared somewhere between their home and the Wheaton Mall in spring of '75 iirc. Debardeleben was considered by many websleuthers as a POI, but after 40 years it came to light that the abductors were other perps that had connections to both MD & VA. The reason I recommend reading through the case is that there is much discussion about Debardeleben. You would learn a lot that could help you figure out if the man who tried to abduct you was him.
    Choose Kindness

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,655
    Sub - Would you still know his voice? I watched a new episode of "Hear No Evil" on the ID channel yesterday about Debardeleben. It's season 1, episode 5, "The Sound of Terror." It first aired 6/14/2017. They played portions of recordings of him with a victim. According to this wiki

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_DeBardeleben

    that's the first time any of the audio recordings of his have been broadcast.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    240
    He was pure evil

    Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. WA WA - Michael Sutherland, 20, Shoreline, 26 June 2015
    By ANonyMs in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 12:54 AM
  2. Found Deceased AK - Michael "Mike" Purdy, 24, Denali National Park, 26 April 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2016, 08:45 PM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM

Tags for this Thread