NY - Ebony Powell for slashing woman's face, Bronx, 2002

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
"What about me?" Latiasha Gilliard, 21, yelled at Bronx Supreme Court Justice Caesar Cirigliano, who for the fifth time postponed sentencing Ebony Powell, 19.

"What am I supposed to do? I want a new judge, that's what I want!"

Gilliard's face bares the 6-inch scar from the slashing Powell inflicted with a box cutter during a 2002 fight outside a homeless shelter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/306645p-262353c.html

"A slashing victim lashed out at a Bronx judge yesterday for granting her teenage attacker time to get her high school equivalency diploma before sentencing her to prison."

Well there's a motivation to not get a G.E.D. if I ever saw one!

"Cirigliano angered Gilliard and prosecutors by giving the remorseless teen another chance to pass her GED exam - a test she has previously failed twice........"
I think that says it all! This girl attacked an innocent woman (she was walking by the attacker's shelter) and avoids jail a 5th time to pass a test she couldnt pass the first two times?????

Im a GED holder myself(I was,due to my family situation,unable to complete high school) so Im not slamming it(I myself went on to get my B.A) but shes going for a THIRD try???? :eek:

The Judge needs to be recused.This girl can keep taking her GED while in JAIL!!!
She doesnt need to be out on the streets!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back