Arrested NYer asks Irish police to 'speak English'.

zwiebel

Reaction score
Posh NY jewelry designer Jenny Lauren (neice of an even more well-known designer) caused an unscheduled stop in Ireland for her New York bound flight, due to her drunken, insulting behaviour.

When arrested by waiting Irish police she said, 'Can you say that it in English please'.

They weren't speaking in Gaelic, either.

I'm just Lol at this - nothing like digging deeper when you're already in a hole! Lauren pled guilty and is on bail.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Ra...outbrain&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=paid

Oh sweet Hello Kitty Jesus...

Nothing quite like the extreme 1% thinking that the world is their oyster and they can treat everyone below them like crap.

Shaking my dang head. And hoping she gets hers out of from where the sun don't shine.

They've taken her passport and she's on bail, so she's stuck among the people she's insulted!

Honest though, if she goes down the local pub with that tale, they'll still laugh and make her welcome, as the Irish are very kind to visitors. In the nicest possible way, they'll do a fair bit of teasing and bring her down to earth a bit too, I think. :)

well, there is this:

Lauren’s New York-based team of lawyers said she intended to plead guilty to all three counts Wednesday at a courthouse in the nearby town of Ennis.

American celebrities usually plead not-guilty or no-contest because they feel so entitled IMO but in her case, she probably just wants to get the heck out of dodge and a guilty plea is the fastest option.

and then there's this:

Tuesday’s makeshift court session was held in a pub in the riverside village of Ballina, County Tipperary, some 30 kilometres east of the airport.

The irony is making me chuckle.

After reading her "story ''in that article I think she would do good to find a down to earth life coach and go learn about real people problems.

He seat would recline ? Really? Flying coach stressed her out so bad even her meds couldn't calm her.OMG.

She thought she was in Spain, and was being spoken to in Spanish.

I think Jenny was fortunate the airline decided not to pursue the case as hard as they could have done - people have gone to jail for this sort of incident in the UK before. Perhaps she has made financial restitution for the losses they suffered, and I doubt the airline wants to frighten off its other high-profile passengers.

Coincidence, but it was on a flight to Barcelona that I had my weirdest flight experience ever. I sat down next to a stranger who, from the moment the plane took off, was utterly, thoroughly convinced the plane was going to crash and she was going to die and never see her children again. She'd been just fine before we got into the air.

She nearly broke my hand gripping it so hard - and that was before we hit the turbulence. A couple of times I thought she was coming close to making a rush for the exit, to get it all over with quickly. Worse thing was, people nearby started getting restless as though the fear was spreading.

Lol I've never been treated so nicely by aircrew, who seemed just as concerned as I was. If that lady should be reading here by any chance - See? I TOLD you it would be okay!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back