Ready to Blow Up Computer- HELP!

luthersmama

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am beside myself with frustration.

Something happened to my network settings or internet settings or something. I used to use Netscape as my browser and Netscape Mail for email. They both became totally disfunctional earlier in the week after the helpful daughter rearranged the "spaghetti" at the back of the computer.

Now we can use Internet Explorer or AOL but still no Netscape. Netscape won't even OPEN!!! I also tried downloading Firefox and that opens but can't connect.

My ISP is comcast cable.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? Sob! :confused: :confused:

Have you tried removing netscape at add/remove programs in your control panel, and then re downloading?

SanJoaquinValleyGirl said:
Have you tried removing netscape at add/remove programs in your control panel, and then re downloading?

No. I guess I'll give that a try. I think I would rather get Firefox running, though.

Sniff. I HATE WINDOWS!!!! I really liked DOS! I could fix anything in DOS!!

Sob!

Are you running XP? you can use the restore feature to take it back to where it was before.

Casshew said:
Are you running XP? you can use the restore feature to take it back to where it was before.

I did try that, and it failed.

But....HAPPY DAY!!!! I did the uninstall and re-install and it looks like all is well!!!!

Netscape 8.something is actually based on Firefox, so I get alot of Firefox goodies.

HOORAY!!!

I hope it sticks......

and that my email works.... grrrrrrrrrrr. I. Hate. Windows.

Yay! good for you, I know it is frustrating... something happened to my netscape last week and I lost all my mail. I can still see the folders in my hard drive but I can't access them through netscape mail.

Glad it worked out for you!

luthersmama said:
I did try that, and it failed.

But....HAPPY DAY!!!! I did the uninstall and re-install and it looks like all is well!!!!

Netscape 8.something is actually based on Firefox, so I get alot of Firefox goodies.

HOORAY!!!

I hope it sticks......

and that my email works.... grrrrrrrrrrr. I. Hate. Windows.

The only thing is with Netscape you can not have add-on extensions but with Firefox you can.
Netscape has two engines under it's hood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back