743 users online (102 members and 641 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    125
    This case frustrates me to no end for SO many reasons. The main reason being that I live 40 minutes from Wilson and stumbled across her story while searching for something else on WRAL's website. This is NOT being publicized. It's almost as if LE are not yelling out for help because they already know something, IMO. After reading lots of SM posts relating to this young lady, it does appear that she was playing with fire in a lot of situations...nevertheless she is still someone's child AND had a 3 yo daughter! The fact that the guy whose house she was last seen at has been arrest about 100 times makes me physically ill. smh
    The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That's the essence of inhumanity. ~ George Bernard Shaw

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGirl View Post
    This case frustrates me to no end for SO many reasons. The main reason being that I live 40 minutes from Wilson and stumbled across her story while searching for something else on WRAL's website. This is NOT being publicized. It's almost as if LE are not yelling out for help because they already know something, IMO. After reading lots of SM posts relating to this young lady, it does appear that she was playing with fire in a lot of situations...nevertheless she is still someone's child AND had a 3 yo daughter! The fact that the guy whose house she was last seen at has been arrest about 100 times makes me physically ill. smh
    Yes it's disgusting, why is he walking free?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    8,052
    he was trying to put her on the track.... idk if he succeeded or something sinister happened but im leaning that way because if she was ont he track shed have turned up by now i would think.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGirl View Post
    This case frustrates me to no end for SO many reasons. The main reason being that I live 40 minutes from Wilson and stumbled across her story while searching for something else on WRAL's website.
    The same thing just happened to me. smh.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Beautiful Idaho
    Posts
    1,118
    Bumping

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,833
    http://www.wral.com/convicted-felon-...oman/14841611/

    Gregory Parks has been charged in Isabel Palacios death,no body found.
    Last edited by cuffem; 08-19-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: add name

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    102
    Sadly, no surprise there. He needs to start talking ASAP

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,307
    Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    http://www.wral.com/convicted-felon-...oman/14841611/

    Gregory Parks has been charged in Isabel Palacios death,no body found.
    Oh that is so sad. Has anybody looked at his criminal record? Why was he let out of prison in 2014 when his projected release date was 2025? http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...lts&listpage=1
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Meraxes View Post
    Sadly, no surprise there. He needs to start talking ASAP
    He needs to start talking if he's innocent -- but he still needs an atty right by his side. If guilty, he needs to lawyer-up and shut up. He's been around lawyers and LE for many years -- he knows the routine. IMO the guy is guilty, guilty, guilty. But things need to be done correctly the first time. IMO.

    Here's a link to his record with the NC Department of Public Safety (formerly NC Dept of Corrections). He's been charged & convicted for many things, and some, as mentioned previously, had to do with violations (my term only) of women. His last several charges were "Vacated." Dunno why. Appeal? Wrongful conviction?

    ETA: See my post below this one -- it explains that it was appealed -- "insufficient evidence"

    Anyway, here's a link to his record -- he's been a busy guy...

    http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...lts&listpage=1

    I, too, am looking at this case because it happened about 40-50 miles from where I live. I know the area slightly. Wilson is a smallish town (pop. approx. 50,000), lots of old "tobacco money" there, good farming country, pretty area, incorporated in 1849.
    Last edited by borndem; 08-20-2015 at 12:42 AM. Reason: eta


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,600
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaireNC View Post
    Oh that is so sad. Has anybody looked at his criminal record? Why was he let out of prison in 2014 when his projected release date was 2025? http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/...lts&listpage=1
    It was overturned by an Appeals Court:


    A Wilson County jury convicted Parks, 55, on two counts of participating in prostitution of a minor in February 2013. Superior Court

    Judge Quentin Sumner sentenced Parks to 127 months to 165 months in prison for each count.

    If he had served his full sentence, Parks’ release was projected to be April 2, 2034. The Court of Appeals overturned the convictions, citing insufficient evidence. He was released in July of 2014.
    http://www.wilsontimes.com/News/Feat...ng-20-year-old
    Last edited by borndem; 08-20-2015 at 12:43 AM. Reason: typo


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    somewhere out there
    Posts
    718
    I just don't understand the court system anymore, how can someone given that much time to start with be even considered to walk.
    The Court of Appeals overturned the convictions, citing insufficient evidence. Insufficient how? after the fact? It's all insane!!
    Liars, even when they speak the truth, are not believed. Aristotle 384-322 B.C.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    He needs to start talking if he's innocent -- but he still needs an atty right by his side. If guilty, he needs to lawyer-up and shut up. He's been around lawyers and LE for many years -- he knows the routine. IMO the guy is guilty, guilty, guilty. But things need to be done correctly the first time. IMO.

    I, too, am looking at this case because it happened about 40-50 miles from where I live. I know the area slightly. Wilson is a smallish town (pop. approx. 50,000), lots of old "tobacco money" there, good farming country, pretty area, incorporated in 1849.
    RSBM...Wilson is also right off of I 95, right? Might explain the insinuations of drugs/prostitution/pimping in the articles and record of this POI/POS! On the "corridor"? Hope they get him on every charge they can and lock him up and throw away the key! Prayers for Isabel's family and esp her little 3yo

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    125
    This absolutely DISGUSTS me! He should have NEVER been free anyway! Makes me lose faith in the system.
    Last edited by PirateGirl; 08-20-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That's the essence of inhumanity. ~ George Bernard Shaw

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    5,307
    Thanks for the info on the appeal, borndem. I didn't have a chance to do any additional searching. I'm in NC too, about 1 1/2 hours from Wilson. Seems there is a lot of shoddy police work that goes on and these lifelong criminals are allowed to walk on cases that should have been solid.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    san jose, ca
    Posts
    8,052
    he wont, hes an old con.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meraxes View Post
    Sadly, no surprise there. He needs to start talking ASAP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY NJ - Jennifer Parks, 16, Randolph, 30 July 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-18-2017, 06:09 AM
  2. GUILTY TX - Jose Palacios Paz, 30, found decapitated, South Padre Island, 16 March 2015
    By los2188 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 03:55 AM
  3. GUILTY AR - Kenneth Parks, 45, shot to death, Little Rock, 30 July 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 09:29 PM
  4. Found Alive OH - Kiah Jo Parks, 6, Coshocton, 8 March 2015
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 10:43 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 10:20 AM

Tags for this Thread