NC NC - Isabel Calvo Palacios, 20, Wilson, 31 July 2015 *G. Parks guilty*

I just don't understand the court system anymore, how can someone given that much time to start with be even considered to walk.
The Court of Appeals overturned the convictions, citing insufficient evidence. Insufficient how? after the fact? It's all insane!!

He needs to start talking if he's innocent -- but he still needs an atty right by his side. If guilty, he needs to lawyer-up and shut up. He's been around lawyers and LE for many years -- he knows the routine. IMO the guy is guilty, guilty, guilty. But things need to be done correctly the first time. IMO.

I, too, am looking at this case because it happened about 40-50 miles from where I live. I know the area slightly. Wilson is a smallish town (pop. approx. 50,000), lots of old "tobacco money" there, good farming country, pretty area, incorporated in 1849.

RSBM...Wilson is also right off of I 95, right? Might explain the insinuations of drugs/prostitution/pimping in the articles and record of this POI/! On the "corridor"? Hope they get him on every charge they can and lock him up and throw away the key! Prayers for Isabel's family and esp her little 3yo :(

This absolutely DISGUSTS me! He should have NEVER been free anyway! Makes me lose faith in the system. :mad:

Thanks for the info on the appeal, borndem. I didn't have a chance to do any additional searching. I'm in NC too, about 1 1/2 hours from Wilson. Seems there is a lot of shoddy police work that goes on and these lifelong criminals are allowed to walk on cases that should have been solid.

if you looked at her SM sadly she was vulnerable and ripe for the picking for this kinda perv.

RSBM...Wilson is also right off of I 95, right? Might explain the insinuations of drugs/prostitution/pimping in the articles and record of this POI/! On the "corridor"? Hope they get him on every charge they can and lock him up and throw away the key! Prayers for Isabel's family and esp her little 3yo :(

Wilson Police Charge Man With Missing Woman's Murder
August 20, 2015

Snipped...
...Parks spoke with ABC11 by phone after Palacios's disappearance and said he had nothing to do with it. He said she spent the night at his home and couldn't find her car keys the next morning, so he allowed her to leave her vehicle at his house.

"We were not close friends, just associates. I had known her for 4-5 months on just a casual basis. I wish she would walk up right now and this would all go away," he said. "I allowed her to leave her car there and I explained that to the police."

Read more: http://abc11.com/news/wilson-police-charge-man-with-missing-womans-murder/948526/

[video at link]

bump, i hope they find her soon. i dont think he will say boo though.

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,wCgAq0fqsX3yz0QGLu0vbk8aNq35z3QVDYI0OiMZLQm-F0T3xT-knTryFijdjG9umQwIIx906QgdKD3AsCIvUEH8VB3Qe_8IcWLndl9G-6YRZxnPR5ZbzIZ5TFKJOmajWRPUuryxv_fCflOQVraSlHqjeDhlUQW1WhtWw0SpZNyaiCAy0dso3lqsQgAiDeSddX9rZXHGh6XmyiA

map is from google maps

Yes, it's right on the I-95 corridor -- and there are not a lot of jobs for folks right out of high school, etc., and there are a fair amount of farmers who are just getting by and cannot find additional work. Unemployment rate is 10%.

As we all know, drug dealing is a good money proposition -- as long as you don't get caught...

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...-20-year-old-320773941.html?device=tablet&c=y

The family of a missing woman filled a Wilson County courtroom this morning for the first appearance of a man charged with her murder.

Relatives of Isabel Palacios continue to hold out hope that she is alive, despite police charging Greg Parks with her murder.

Parks is a convicted felon who Wilson police say was the last person to see 20-year-old Isabel Palacios alive. He was charged with her murder and kidnapping on Wednesday.

[...]

The judge kept him under no bond and set September 1st as his probable cause hearing.

------------------------------------

LE are still continuing to look for Isabel & they did not release any more information on why they believe she is deceased.

Attorney of man accused of killing Wilson mom wants police to reveal evidence
Published: September 1, 2015, 10:31 am Updated: September 1, 2015, 11:50 am
http://wncn.com/2015/09/01/attorney...g-wilson-mom-wants-police-to-reveal-evidence/
Parks was scheduled to have a probable cause hearing on Tuesday, but that hearing was rescheduled for some time in early October.

Court documents show in 2014, Parks was released from prison 27-years early after the North Carolina Court of Appeals overturned his conviction in Wilson County.

Video at link.

as an attorney, he should know that comes at discovery lol.... they have not released his house, there must be some compelling evidence there... big blood stain, weapon w bits on it, idk.
There definitely have to be things there that are keeping LE at his house this long. Hopefully there are some clues in there that will lead them to find Isabel.

as an attorney, he should know that comes at discovery lol.... they have not released his house, there must be some compelling evidence there... big blood stain, weapon w bits on it, idk.

I think you're right. It must be something like that. Enough evidence to tell them it's her and she's most likely dead. I hope there's enough evidence to help them figure out where she is and they find her soon.

from reading his history his weapon of choice is usually a knife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back