940 users online (176 members and 764 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1074
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,918

    TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9



    "A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

    "Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

    "Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

    "Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

    MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2606128

    Missy Bevers husband said “I believe she was targeted, that’s my opinion"

    Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd

    LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016


    Questions have swirled around the suspect's identity, but Kristi Stout does not believe her sister-in-law died because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

    'A lot of us, including myself, think she was targeted,' Stout told NBC DFW.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490

    Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page. Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.


    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Last edited by Tricia; 05-04-2016 at 10:09 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,085
    EVERYONE, PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ELSE

    Dear Websleuths Members,

    Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

    Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

    We will try and make this as easy as possible.

    If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

    FOR OUR NEW MEMBERS: WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

    Websleuths is different than any other forum on the Internet. If you are used to forums like Topix then you are going to find out quickly Websleuths is not Topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from Facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at Websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...?159-The-Rules

    *Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bever. Please do not make the thread about you.

    *If Missy’s husband posts pictures and posts on his personal public Facebook page it can be discussed and you can speculate.

    *If you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

    *Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

    *Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on Websleuths for the world to see. No Sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

    * Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

    *We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the Internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

    To review:

    *Yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

    *Yes you can discuss the pictures Missy's husband posted on his personal and public Facebook page. You cannot discuss any comments unless they are from Missy’s husband personally.

    *Yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the Twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced

    I am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what I taught her to do. I want to publically thank Sparky for her hard work and dedication.

    OK Newbies and Old Time Websleuths Members, go forth and DISCUSS!

    Sincerely,
    Tricia Griffith
    Owner/Websleuths.com
    PS. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as I write.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    17,918
    Most recent search warrant - Missy's iPhone and iPad. I downloaded and converted so it is now searchable. Feel free to download if anyone wants it.


    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl2 View Post
    Yeah, that's true about the punctuation. Good point!

    Yes, I use YouVersion as well so I probably should have checked to see what the Verse of the Day was before I mentioned it. However, it's still possible that he's on a bible study plan that has different scriptures each day. I guess it really doesn't matter to me because I have never believed that Brandon was involved in this. The only thing that BB's posted scripture tells me is that he is trying to hold his tongue more--which I realize we didn't see yesterday when he responded to the FB post on MPD's page.

    I still believe that BB is not sure what to say and is starting to realize that no matter what he says--his words will be torn apart. He seems to be getting more angry about what has happened, maybe it's sinking in that Missy is gone, so I'm sure that he is having a hard time staying silent. I'm sure having the search warrant information come out yesterday wasn't easy for him. He probably already knew but now he has to see the sadness in everyone else's eyes that now knows a little more about what happened that morning. I see his scripture sharing as only a part of that....trying to say as much as he can through scripture without coming out and saying what he's really thinking.

    Sorry, I just don't see BB (or RB) involved in this in any way. To me, they are only a family grieving. I don't think anyone can say what that's supposed to look like. Grief isn't pretty!

    BTW, my verse today is Proverbs 3:5: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."

    MOO.




    BBM: I think so too! I wondered if the reality isn't starting to set in for their family. After someone passes, there are arrangements to make, people everywhere, & you're so busy taking care of things that when everyone goes home and the memorials are over--the reality of life without your loved one is all you have left.

    My heart hurts for him & Missy's girls. Again, MOO.
    I agree--but I also think that his angry is also partly that they have not arrested the perp. I would be angry if after 2 weeks, justice for my loved one was served. I can't imagine what people go thru when something like this happens and the perp is not caught right away.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,351
    Originally Posted by texasgirl2
    Yeah, that's true about the punctuation. Good point!

    Yes, I use YouVersion as well so I probably should have checked to see what the Verse of the Day was before I mentioned it. However, it's still possible that he's on a bible study plan that has different scriptures each day. I guess it really doesn't matter to me because I have never believed that Brandon was involved in this. The only thing that BB's posted scripture tells me is that he is trying to hold his tongue more--which I realize we didn't see yesterday when he responded to the FB post on MPD's page.

    I still believe that BB is not sure what to say and is starting to realize that no matter what he says--his words will be torn apart. He seems to be getting more angry about what has happened, maybe it's sinking in that Missy is gone, so I'm sure that he is having a hard time staying silent. I'm sure having the search warrant information come out yesterday wasn't easy for him. He probably already knew but now he has to see the sadness in everyone else's eyes that now knows a little more about what happened that morning. I see his scripture sharing as only a part of that....trying to say as much as he can through scripture without coming out and saying what he's really thinking.

    Sorry, I just don't see BB (or RB) involved in this in any way. To me, they are only a family grieving. I don't think anyone can say what that's supposed to look like. Grief isn't pretty!

    BTW, my verse today is Proverbs 3:5: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."

    MOO.




    BBM: I think so too! I wondered if the reality isn't starting to set in for their family. After someone passes, there are arrangements to make, people everywhere, & you're so busy taking care of things that when everyone goes home and the memorials are over--the reality of life without your loved one is all you have left.

    My heart hurts for him & Missy's girls. Again, MOO.



    I agree--but I also think that his angry is also partly that they have not arrested the perp. I would be angry if after 2 weeks, justice for my loved one was served. I can't imagine what people go thru when something like this happens and the perp is not caught right away.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carson View Post
    Which would make people more desperate, right? I hear that is why so many people are turning to heroin---they can no longer get prescription opioids.
    The regulations basically just drove the price of opiates up; so they're mainly harder to get because of the price, not because of the regulations themselves. Heroin is cheaper so that's why it's being used more.

    I think the comment about drug retaliation was a good thought, but I am not getting a drug vibe from this case. I think it will boil down to pride in the end. Someone's pride was hurt somehow and it just wasn't acceptable to the perpetrator. I mentioned once before that I think it's possible the killer acted on behalf of someone without that person having any idea about it...I still think that's possible.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,062

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carson View Post
    Which would make people more desperate, right? I hear that is why so many people are turning to heroin---they can no longer get prescription opioids.
    In this case, in Texas all one has to do is drive to Mexico, go to a pharmacy & purchase any kind of drugs you want at really good prices. You tell the pharmacist what kind of drugs you want, he writes the prescription, gives you the meds & off you go. With all the drug wars going on you couldn't pay me enough to make a trip to Mexico at this time. If someone were desperate enough they would probably take a chance on it.
    Any of my comments are IMO,JMO, or MOO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by faw720 View Post
    In this case, in Texas all one has to do is drive to Mexico, go to a pharmacy & purchase any kind of drugs you want at really good prices. You tell the pharmacist what kind of drugs you want, he writes the prescription, gives you the meds & off you go. With all the drug wars going on you couldn't pay me enough to make a trip to Mexico at this time. If someone were desperate enough they would probably take a chance on it.
    My mother in law does this regularly with no fear at all. I keep hoping one time she won't return.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    26
    Something that has been on my mind lately is the last minute decision to move the class inside/under awning because of bad weather. Does this murder take place if that doesn't happen? What time did MB post that the class was being moved inside? I thought it was 9pm the night before but I could be wrong. Assuming the killer reads that post at exactly 9pm then that would give them roughly only 6 hours to plan this thing out. Can someone confirm what time MB posted that the class was being moved inside?

    If the weather is good and the class is not moved inside then does MB even enter the church? If she does enter the church no matter rain or sunshine then the killer would have to know this, or else their just "hoping" she enters the church. And then they would have to have general knowledge of what rooms she would enter considering the size of the church. All seems like a huge gamble or someone knew MB routine on the mornings of the camps. I guess my biggest question does MB enter the church for every camp she holds at the church no matter what the weather is like?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,689
    Kudos go to Curious21 for abiding by TOS for so long on this case. I admire you're steadfastness in doing the right thing, C21!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,517
    About the bible verses, the app has so many plans to pick from that I gave up trying to find which one might have the same verses that match the dates they are posted. I do think his choices are coming from a daily plan of some sort.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Queen City
    Posts
    1,670
    Bill, I'm going with 10 or 13 for now. IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carson View Post
    Far be it from me to bump my own post, but I just got through thoroughly reading this article and thinking about it. I know that there are many different theories about Missy's killer: the motive, age, psychological profile. Each of our theories is valid to ourselves. But this was an apparently well-planned, pre-meditated, cold-blooded murder. Missy was beaten to death in the head and chest with a hammer---not just blunt-force trauma but puncturing trauma.

    I think it would help us catch the killer if we could develop a realistic profile of them. This article outlines a 22-point scale of murders. It was developed by a forensic psychologist at Columbia University.

    Personally, I think the killer falls somewhere between 11 and 14 on this scale. Check it out and then test your own theory against the scale. Where does the killer rate?

    MOO, y'all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    So the same morning she was killed they discussed this? THUD*
    The day before, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by buddhanna View Post
    Me too!

    Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    Now that's the onion. The kids had to go to school and everyone knew that Missy had a busy morning. Now dad just got better but decided to travel a long distance to be on a long boat ride to go fishing? That does seem strange. Now I know it's a annual trip. But to go this year after just getting somewhat better in March while still needing to get a therapeutic spa is kind of akward to have a male bonding trip and not a family trip.

    But he may be feeling guilty about that. So who am I to besmirche his decision.
    Not to mention he had a "minor procedure" the day (or 2) before he left on this one! IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post
    Hi Mom, I can't find in the docs where it's stated "tools from the church" only that suspect was seen carrying tools throughout the church consistent with her wounds. I keep reading this darned warrant over and over. Am I missing a portion? Thanks!

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I thought the same thing. It clearly states this. For now, I have no reason to believe that the perp "went to the kitchen and got a knife" or any other weapon other than the tools he already had in the video. We don't know what else s/he had in those pockets! IMO

    JMO
    Last edited by lstiff; 05-04-2016 at 10:25 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    660
    [QUOTE=faw720;12523453]
    Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post

    Because of an experience I had many years ago, I wonder if steroids might be involved rather than pain medication. I had the misfortune to have horrid skin allergies & went to an allergy specialist.
    It turns out that he was a quack of the highest order. He gave me massive amounts of steroids & before I knew it, I was just flat out mad at the world & very aggressive. There was absolutely no reason for me to have those feelings. My logical self took me back to my primary care doctor who took me off the steroids & I soon became normal. Missy's killer was so brutal that I suspect they were just burning with a hate filled rage. Steroids can do that to someone.
    I do think this is a possibility.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    Should the media thread also contain pictures, arkansasmimi's layout of the building, the enhanced video and stuff like that? It seems it would be nice to have that stuff handy.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 950
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 08:56 PM
  2. Replies: 960
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 02:50 PM
  3. Replies: 919
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 12:46 PM
  4. Replies: 1114
    Last Post: 05-12-2016, 07:55 AM
  5. Replies: 1013
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 01:15 PM

Tags for this Thread