Germany Germany - Altena-Bergfeld, WhtFem 14-22, 309UFDEU, Shoe sz 33/34, excellent dental care, Jun'97

Springrain

Who was she? Pregnant & stabbed to death
Reaction score
Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: Altena-Bergfeld, Germany
Location of Discovery: June 2, 1997
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Homicide
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 14 - 22 years old. (Most likely between 18 and 20)
Race: RACE HERE
Height: 154 cm - 5'1
Weight: 45 kg - 100 lbs
Hair Color: Auburn to dark hair
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Petite build, Pale complexion, Shoe size 33/34
Dentals: Her teeth were in good condition. She had obviously received excellent dental care. One of her upper incisors (tooth 12) had an adhesive point on it which had been attached in a professional way by creating corrosion. It was concluded that the victim might have worn some sort of ornament, possibly a diamond-like imitation (probably mass produced diamanté) with a diameter of about 2mm (0.078 inches). Investigators believe that the ornament was deliberately removed during the crime.
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: No clothing located
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

The victim was located on June 2, 1997 in wooded area in Altena-Bergfeld, Germany. She was nude.
She had been raped, strangled and later doused with fuel and set on fire. The perpetrator made all efforts to remove any possible means of identification. Post-mortem exams showed that it is almost 100 % certain that the crime was committed by a member of the victim´s family.

Here is the DoeNetwork link http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/309ufdeu.html

Recon:

attachment.php

So sad. This poor girl... :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 245
First time poster here, there is another recon of this girl, made in Scotland. I've no idea if I'm allowed to post the recon or only the link, so here is the link.

http://www.derwesten.de/wr/wr-info/die-jagd-nach-dem-grausamen-moerder-geht-weiter-id5201322.html

The text below says the girl was first abused by her father ( guess semen found matched her own DNA or something?), then strangled, and was still alive when she was set on fire :(
They say no one reported her missing, but I wonder if they checked the surrounding countries.

This is the reconstruction mentioned above, thank you Cynny for finding it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4CIRD6r.jpg
    4CIRD6r.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 98
Thank you springrain for posting this! I just stumbled upon it trying to see if "Bella in the wych elm" was listed on the Doe Network. This case struck my heart since she was a victim of incest. The unfortunate part of those circumstances is if the perp is a family member she likely wasn't reported missing.

It makes me wonder about other family members though, like her mother or siblings. However, they could be either aware of the crime or kept in the dark like in Anjelica Castillo's murder case. Her older cousin was her killer and his sister knew of the murder and helped dispose of the body. Anjelica's mother assumed her daughter was in Mexico with her father and never reported her missing.

Still thinking about this case. I found another case of a incest killing. In cases that not much is known I like to look at others that are similar to possibly fill in some blanks. It is the case of Teri Jo Bradish and she was raped and murdered by her father in 1985. His motive was to cash in her life insurance so it is a bit different, but it made me think of her. The sicko claimed in court that her rape was "them having sex". Such a disturbed individual. But it leads me in a possible direction, maybe our doe was thought to be a runaway from a group home or foster home? She likely wouldn't be alarmed if her father called her and invited her out somewhere. Just a thought.

Searched some on the doe network.

Here are some missing from Europe:

Nov 1995- 16 yrs old (would have been 18 in 1997) missing from Dorking in Surrey, England, United Kingdom- http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/498dfuk.html
-suggests she lived with her father since it mentioned a step mother, so is there any other relatives that could be the perp? And there is some distance in time which makes me think its not as likely, but age, hair, height, and eye color match.

Apr 1997- age unknown on Doe Network (another source placed her DOB in 1983 which would make her 14) missing from Bad Homburg, Germany- http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/2044dfdeu.html
- a family abduction where the father abducted her in the middle of the night. Probable since it was a male relative that killed our doe and she is missing in Germany 2 hours from where the doe was found. Her eyes look brown in her picture though.

I wonder how certain they are that she was Caucasian.

It crossed my mind that she could have been light skinned Turkish and that her rape and murder could have been cultural. "Honour" based killings have been reported amongst the Turkish community in Germany.

Honour killing was the first thing that came to my mind as well. It would also explain why her family didn't report her missing.
I think she might be Turkish or Gypsy. Poor girl, died in such a violent manner. :(

What is an honour killing?

Honour killings are committed within families or social groups with the purpose of controlling behaviour, reports the Honour Based Violence Awareness Network (HBVAN).

Such murders are carried in the name of protecting cultural beliefs or honour.

Those targeted are believed to have shamed their family or community.

Reasons given for this can include refusing an arranged marriage, entering a relationship with someone disapproved of, renouncing faith and behaving or dressing in a way thought to be inappropriate. (being a victim of rape is also a reason)

How common are honour killings in the UK?

Data from the HBVAN estimates there are 12 honour killings in the UK each year.

More than 11,000 cases of so-called honour crimes were recorded between 2010 and 2014.

The crimes are usually aimed at women, and can include abductions and beatings.

(source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4091357/honour-killing-karachi-murder/)

Methods
Methods of killing include stoning, stabbing, beating, burning, beheading, hanging, throat slashing, lethal acid attacks, shooting and strangulation.The murders are sometimes performed in public to warn the other individuals within the community of possible consequences of engaging in what is seen as illicit behavior.

Germany
In 2005 Der Spiegel reported: "In the past four months, six Muslim women living in Berlin have been killed by family members". The article went on to cover the case of Hatun Sürücü, a Turkish-Kurdish woman who was killed by her brother for not staying with the husband she was forced to marry, and for "living like a German" . Precise statistics on how many women die every year in such honor killings are hard to come by, as many crimes are never reported, said Myria Boehmecke of the Tuebingen-based women's group Terre des Femmes. The group tries to protect Muslim girls and women from oppressive families. The Turkish women's organization Papatya has documented 40 instances of honor killings in Germany since 1996. Hatun Sürücü's brother was convicted of murder and jailed for nine years and three months by a German court in 2006. In March 2009, a Kurdish immigrant from Turkey, Gülsüm S., was killed for a relationship not in keeping with her religious family's plan for an arranged marriage. In 2016 a Kurdish Yazidi woman was shot dead at her wedding in Hannover for allegedly refusing to marry her cousin in a forced marriage. (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing)

• Could she have been killed by her cousin whom she was forced to marry (explaining the rape and DNA matching hers)?
  • Have authorities investigated her death as a possible honor killing?

I agree with that idea. Honor killing. Shaming the family.

Depends on what you mean by "shaming the family". It's quite common in many Muslim countries for a girl to be raped by a male relative and for her to be blamed for her loss of chastity and killed. Even in countries that one tends to think of as moderate such as Jordan.

Whatever the facts of the case, it's never the man's fault.

Depends on what you mean by "shaming the family". It's quite common in many Muslim countries for a girl to be raped by a male relative and for her to be blamed for her loss of chastity and killed. Even in countries that one tends to think of as moderate such as Jordan.

Whatever the facts of the case, it's never the man's fault.

I agree. I should have put "shaming" in italics or quotes. Meaning it is the perps, cultural, or religious, or gender biased "interpretation" of "shaming" the family. It could be a something as "shameful" as a love relationship or acting "immodestly". It could also be a situation where the victim was victimised once and the family "blamed her". It is interesting that the "bling" was removed from her tooth deliberately. This is a pretty normal trend amongst millennials. My 22 year old daughter who has perfect teeth, had expensive braces, has a grill she wheres to some concerts that give her the appearance of having some gold teeth. I fully don't understand it and don't think it is overly attractive. LOL. But, "shaming" could be becoming too westernised as well. I am very culturally sensitive and a humanist, but honour killings or "shame" based killings are archaic and horrific.

Do many Eygptians migrate to Germany?

Searched some on the doe network.

Here are some missing from Europe:

Nov 1995- 16 yrs old (would have been 18 in 1997) missing from Dorking in Surrey, England, United Kingdom- The Doe Network: Case File 498DFUK
-suggests she lived with her father since it mentioned a step mother, so is there any other relatives that could be the perp? And there is some distance in time which makes me think its not as likely, but age, hair, height, and eye color match.

Apr 1997- age unknown on Doe Network (another source placed her DOB in 1983 which would make her 14) missing from Bad Homburg, Germany- The Doe Network: Case File 2044DFDEU
- a family abduction where the father abducted her in the middle of the night. Probable since it was a male relative that killed our doe and she is missing in Germany 2 hours from where the doe was found. Her eyes look brown in her picture though.

The above girl missing from Bad Homburg has a DOB 25/03/91 making her 6 yo in 1997. So, not a possible match.
The WR news article about the UID mentions the existence of a permanent tooth gem on the right incisor. An uncommon piece of jewelry. Further it is said that the forest where the body was found is secluded and little known by foreigners.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back