976 users online (173 members and 803 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonet View Post
    I just got out a tape measure and I seem to be about 17 to 18" at the shoulders, but I'd need a wider space to properly crawl.

I think from WM's description of the tree that Sherin was probably placed in at the opposite side from where the pictures are taken, where there is a tree or bushes? Then rainwater probably carried her body further into the culvert rather than someone pushing her in or crawling in with the body. If her body had been placed into a plastic bag then rain water could get under it, and the slipperyness of plastic combined with decomp gases in a sealed/tied bag would help the bag to slide deeper into the culvert.

We haven't been told the body was found in a bag of any kind, but it would make sense...

I strongly doubt that a female helped with the body disposal, but I am struck a bit that the pipe seems to offer a kind of 'birth canal' type space.
    I honestly believe she was likely placed in on the tree side too. I said from the start that all lies have some form of truth and when I saw that the culvert opened up on one side with a big tree I immediately thought "at least he didn't lie about a tree"... Also, just because she was removed from the side that doesn't have the tree, doesn't mean it's what was closer either, it simply may have been safer for the recovery team, offered more room to setup, OR in order to access her they would have had to crawl through evidence from the tree end, so to avoid disrupting that, they went from the "wrong side" and removed her (meaning she could have started at the tree and made her way through the entire culvert coming out the side the memorial is on during the recovery), and then when they finished recovering her, they may have continued up the culvert towards the tree and collected hairs, fibers, DNA etc and of course taken photos and all of that, "disturbing" the scene as they worked their way through, starting at Sherin and moving up and out... The only thing LE has said about her location is that she was INSIDE the culvert UNDER the road. From the photos I have seen of the culvert, it appears that the opening of the culvert regardless of which side, is a good ways from the road itself, with a grassy area large enough to need maintained before hitting the shoulder of the road and then the road itself. I would love it if someone could measure that out, from openings on both ends to where the road begins. The photos make it look like its a good 20-30ft but as someone who takes a lot of photos, I also realize that depth and size simply don't always show in photos the way they do in real life!!

JMO as always!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amonet View Post
    I just got out a tape measure and I seem to be about 17 to 18" at the shoulders, but I'd need a wider space to properly crawl.

I think from WM's description of the tree that Sherin was probably placed in at the opposite side from where the pictures are taken, where there is a tree or bushes? Then rainwater probably carried her body further into the culvert rather than someone pushing her in or crawling in with the body. If her body had been placed into a plastic bag then rain water could get under it, and the slipperyness of plastic combined with decomp gases in a sealed/tied bag would help the bag to slide deeper into the culvert.

We haven't been told the body was found in a bag of any kind, but it would make sense...

I strongly doubt that a female helped with the body disposal, but I am struck a bit that the pipe seems to offer a kind of 'birth canal' type space.
    BBM
    I think that a slim, fit, male or female, could have helped him. LE have said that they expect more arrests. I looked up the rainfall and there had been no significant rainfall in Richland since the day that Sherin went missing. However, there was a little over 1" of rain that fell around the area on the 22nd, the day that Sherin's body was found. The dampness, if it rained in that particular area, could have been enough to help the dogs pick up scent.
    Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries. . . ~ RHCP

(Unless there's a link, it's just a my own 2¢.)

​Note: My "r" key is still sticking off and on. Thanks for your cont'd. patience.

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    If she was near the middle part, and WM weighs in at 190#, then, no, I can't see him getting in there, and having any ability to move at all. That's going in at least 50'. How on earth could he maneuver, with a body? Iirc, Maria Guerrero said they were "pulling" the body out of the culvert.

The female LEO, kneeling at the mouth of the culvert, would probably be able to go in, and possibly with a small bundle, and then back herself out (but this is a person who looks to be very fit), and WM looks to me like he'd have gotten stuck after going much past his head.

I'm sitting here studying the better half, and self, and we're on the taller side, but not big framed, or obese (However, I'd not call us exactly "fit" at this stage in life, either.) and there's no way either of us could accomplish fitting inside that culvert opening, while managing a 22 pound bundle, then wriggling/crawling in 50', and, finally backing ourselves out, 50 feet.

Another thought:
    The LEO said they'd investigated the culvert on Day 2. What if she was placed there on Day 3 or 4, and was bundled up? No one was probably investigating the culvert quite as hard after Day 2. So, he has her body moved to the culvert, thinking/hoping it may be months, or even years, before anyone finds her body, since they've already searched the area with a fine toothed comb.

Then whoever helped him move her there, is probably tracking the case, and hears about the search going to take place, with the cadaver dogs. They're a part of it now, so, they think they should go to retrieve her body, but can't, because the odor is just too overpowering inside the culvert (hence the argument, and cursing, that the neighbors, in that area, overheard). I just can't see him fitting in that culvert.
    I was shocked when I read that he was 190lbs as I made the assumption that he was likely smaller. I very rarely see anyone from India who is large, not to say never, but it seems to be rare in my area. However, when we saw him being transported to the Dallas Jail, he did in fact appear to not only be on the heavy side, but also quite tall. I don't know how tall the officers etc were around him, but I think its fair to say they were likely of average height, and iirc WM looked large.

Then I started to wonder how on earth he could have got her into the culvert. Especially if she was as far in as "under the road".

One idea that comes to mind, that is a bit sickening, but does make it plausible that with his bigger frame he could have done it, is if he pushed her in as far as he could and then he went in backwards and pushed her with his feet in a sort of army crawl with his arms in front of him as this would make his shoulders thinner. It wouldn't have been easy, but people running off of adrenaline have been known to do the impossible. Also, if he had gone in feet first, he not only wouldn't have had to look at Sherin, but he would have had a good view of the opening of the culvert which would have given him a perspective of how far he had gone, as the area is dark at night and I can't imagine being able to see forward and through with the same perception as if you went in with your eye on the opening.

The "black pants" bugged me from the Amber Alert as it is HARD to find black clothes for babies and she likely only wore a 12-18 month size based on her height and weight. BUT if he had placed her in a dark place and wanted her to not be easily seen, black pants would have been a lot better than purple disney princesses pj top and bottoms with bright colored stars.... Which, tends to be what most little ones sleep in...

JMO on everything
    Last edited by MarisaS1985; 10-30-2017 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarisaS1985 View Post
    I honestly believe she was likely placed in on the tree side too. I said from the start that all lies have some form of truth and when I saw that the culvert opened up on one side with a big tree I immediately thought "at least he didn't lie about a tree"... Also, just because she was removed from the side that doesn't have the tree, doesn't mean it's what was closer either, it simply may have been safer for the recovery team, offered more room to setup, OR in order to access her they would have had to crawl through evidence from the tree end, so to avoid disrupting that, they went from the "wrong side" and removed her (meaning she could have started at the tree and made her way through the entire culvert coming out the side the memorial is on during the recovery), and then when they finished recovering her, they may have continued up the culvert towards the tree and collected hairs, fibers, DNA etc and of course taken photos and all of that, "disturbing" the scene as they worked their way through, starting at Sherin and moving up and out... The only thing LE has said about her location is that she was INSIDE the culvert UNDER the road. From the photos I have seen of the culvert, it appears that the opening of the culvert regardless of which side, is a good ways from the road itself, with a grassy area large enough to need maintained before hitting the shoulder of the road and then the road itself. I would love it if someone could measure that out, from openings on both ends to where the road begins. The photos make it look like its a good 20-30ft but as someone who takes a lot of photos, I also realize that depth and size simply don't always show in photos the way they do in real life!!

JMO as always!!
    Excellent observations! TY

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyRocks View Post
    Is Sini the lady with the glasses who pops her head into the video or the girl next to Sherin? Thanks.
    the face next to the baby

If doing the right thing were easy, more people would be doing it.
    ਸੂਸਨ ਮਿਲ੍ਸ
    ਸ਼ਿਰੀਨ ਮੈਥੇਵਸ
    Ó Coirbín

rosesfromangels is offline "The trilling wire in the blood / Sings below inveterate scars." - Eliot
    I think the next week or so are going to be extremely difficult and upsetting. I think we will learn more that will outrage, and it’s going to be extremely important for community leaders to focus on turning this tragedy in to good while LE processes the Perp(s) and the courts exact punishment.
    It’s going to be a couple of very rough weeks ahead.
    The more I read, the sicker I feel. It’s so hard to comprehend...
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

Random thoughts, after catching up on the thread. Sorry for not replying to individual posts, but my computer is being very wonky and keeps bogging down.
    The black pants. I thought they were pajama bottoms? I have seen very cute toddler pajama sets with black bottoms and colored tops, and I thought that's what they were. Ok, here it is, from her missing info: "She was last seen wearing a pink top, black pajama bottoms and pink flip flops."

How far was she in the culvert? Someone posted pics of inside the culvert, with a dark stain which I now am figuring was fluids from her body. LE (from Maria Guerrero) said the body was "a ways inside." So if there was a way to tell how far in the dark stain is?

How much water flowed through there in that rainstorm, and was it enough to move the body? In video taken the day after her body was found, there was standing water on the north side of the western culvert (not the one Sherin was found in). And the areas on both sides of both culverts were muddy, and there was actually standing water in the western culvert (I watched a video of two women trying to put a measuring tape through the western culvert and there was easily a couple inches of water in there). In researching culverts of the city, I learned that water flowed north through that area. So it would have pushed her further into the culvert (if she was placed on the south end) or moved her out of the culvert (if she was placed at the north end). Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchymom View Post
    BBM

Here is:
    The garage video slow motion so you can really check out the garage.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...mZON3U2enQ1Tm8

the garage video reg speed https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...Ux1d19CMW4xeDA

and just for good measure since it is mentioned so often the sling video (this one looks like Sini really loved her https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...0c2WTBsU2h0dTg

I do love my IPad it makes playing with videos fun. LOL
    Thanks! I'm always wary of posting any FB links b/c of TOS. I'm almost positive it is okay as long as it is a verified news source but, I always second guess myself.

The slow-mo vid was very nice! Can anyone imagine, with two cars in there, taking a child in there to feed her? The car almost touched the wall of the house when they pulled inside. I wonder what is behind that door to the left? A storage room? Laundry room?

​Note: My "r" key is still sticking off and on. Thanks for your cont'd. patience.

You beat me to it! Here is another link talking about the different bugs and how each life cycle can help determine time of death with great accuracy...

The links don't look the same and haven't clicked yours yet to know if they go to the same page. Forensic entomology seems to be highly underrated for some reason so I hope ppl will click and get a better understanding of how important bugs and bacteria are into determining time of death, and even if there may have been open injuries or wounds!

Even if the autopsy itself is inconclusive the bugs will tell a story that could be very important, especially if Sherin died somewhere else or if her body was in a very different location. Like in marshy area.

http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/...ie-entomology/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    BBM

I think it's b/c it's something that's not well known because it is a study that's still a bit obscure, and can differ based on where the body is left. A body in one place might deteriorate much more rapidly than that of one left in another place. "Body Farms", as most call them, use donated bodies, to study how a body decomposes. I first learned about them, by accident, several years ago while reading a Tim Dorsey book (fiction novel). I think there are six Body Farms now, across the U.S. Here is a link to the one in Tennessee. It's been awhile since I looked them up, after learning of their existence, so the link is more informative than my memory. They still have their very first body, donated in 1981, at the Tenn. location (well, I'm guessing skeletal remains, now).

Univ. of Tenn. Forensic Anthropology Center.
    https://fac.utk.edu/

I am a lifelong resident of the beautful Jersey Shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelittleststar View Post
    I live in the DFW metro area...and I could not agree more. Last week I posted a response to someone who quoted another case incorrectly. I said I think people needed to calm down and take step back...but my post was deleted. Everyone is making all these assumptions and speaking of them as though they are fact. I feel like they have lost their minds and are out of control. What comes to mind is angry villagers with pitchforks and torches. I understand people are shocked and outraged. What happened to the little girl is horribly tragic...but they have taken things way too far. I believe one day...this tragedy and the social media response and influence will be used as a case study in a class or something...because it's interesting as well as shocking what is going on.

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/...akamai-rum=off

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    I agree 100%! Some of the "mob mentality" I see, especially on fb is disturbing!
    ~~ Donna ~~

**Collective I.Q. of YARN I tell you**

***Mason: “When you looked at the pictures, was the mandible [jawbone] there or not?"
    Garavaglia: “The mandible was there. It was there on x-ray and it was there in pictures.”
    Mason: “Who placed the mandible there?”
    Garavaglia: “God.” ***

***Mason returned to the possibility of drowning. Garavaglia replied that she had never seen a drowning with duct tape on the lower half of the face. “There’s no reason why a child that’s drowned is put in a plastic bag and dumped on the side of the road,” Garavagalia said.

***JB to Murdock :"Sir you're not a piece of duct tape are you? So you can't say your brand is my brand can you, sir"?***

***"I don't/can't remember/recall"*** Dr. Spitz

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    This whole 'assisting her to drink' thing makes me nuts. How do you 'assist' a 3 yr old to drink? All you can do is pour milk down their throat. Otherwise there is no need for assistance if they are already drinking.

That wording is incorrect/misleading-- because there is no 'assisting' in drinking. If she was actually drinking it, no one would need to assist in any way. She would be drinking on her own.

To 'assist' means he was forcing her to try to swallow the liquid. Sounds like manslaughter at the very least, to me.
    Exactly! It even says in the statement, "Eventually the 3 year-old began to drink the milk." Why then, would he feel the need to physically assist her if she were already drinking. He didn't. For some reason or other he killed the child and the assisted drinking, and coyotes, are to explain away any injuries if they found her body.

Quote Originally Posted by edimmu View Post
    I hated eating or drinking anything when I was as young as Sherin. I recall my mum trying to force feed me. I would cry and make a huge fuss about eating. She would close my nose and mouth so I don't spit the food out. I would eventually end up vomiting and she would then let go.

I was given a lot of supplements but in no way was I woken up in the middle of the night to be fed.

3 am is very close to the morning. Why not 5 am instead of 3 am? The whole 3am things is just so messed up. The only thing I can think of is Sherin waking up around 3 am crying and him taking her to the garage to soothe her so she doesn't wake up the rest of the house.
    In the second statement there is no mention of 3 a.m. I think 3 a.m. is a lie as well. It was there for some sort of cover but after they found her body he knew his cover was blown and had to come up with another story. Only thing consistent is the milk, and that apparently she didn't want the milk.

I've never crawled into our culvert that goes under the road or driveway at my home, but I know they wouldn't be dry as there is marsh on either side. I do believe the one in the driveway is 19" and that my kids had no issues going in and hiding and playing, we didn't allow it because culverts do collapse sometimes, which NATURALLY made the kids want to hang out there more I do think that I would have been able to get in without an issue to grab my child out if I had too, I am overweight, but I am still petite as far as height goes and where i carry my weight (my belly). I don't know if my dad who is very fit and muscular could fit inside though because he has very broad shoulders. He isn't tall, or heavy, but those shoulders...

Thanks for mentioning my grandpa. Thankfully, it wasn't a shock. He went for coffee daily with his nephew and hadn't showed up. His nephew went to the apartment and couldn't get in. He called me knowing I had a key. When we knew he had missed coffee and wasn't answering his door, we expected to find his body (he had several different cancers and poor health). He was actually sitting on his couch, with one shoe on, and was holding his shoe horn. It looked like time had froze as he wasn't slumped over or anything. But there was an odor as he kept his apartment at 100 degrees (also why he went into rigor so fast). I think the position of his body was the most shocking. I have seen other bodies, but in hospital beds, and found some of them more traumatic. I am definitely weird...
    I've never even attempted nor thought about crawling through the one that is on ours. There's another, or two, I think, on up the farm, and one at my parents place. All but one are the same size. I am claustrophobic so it's a no go. Just thinking about it makes me feel a bit weirded out. The one on ours is marshy on either side. You were talking about the odor still being there after LE removed the body. An animal of some sort got hit and crawled up in it and it took a while to figure out where it was. I could catch the odor but couldn't find it, and by the time I DID figure out where it was...arrgh. I just left it. Ours has marshy grass in front of it to try and help control the flow, when it rains hard, from washing out into the pasture. Well, eventually one of the dogs scented it (they aren't allowed over there, too close to the road) and it drew them right over. I had part of a roadkill on my porch and had to bathe a dog. Not good. The odor clung to the area for awhile.

At least your grandpa got to pass at home, getting ready to go to his daily coffee, with family. No hospital, no nursing home, no machines. I vote quality of life over quantity of years. And weird is good. I'm weird too.

JMO as always!!
    I think, that you have a very good point about the tree. I think now, that she may have been there, but, he may have taken her somewhere else first, for help. That would explain the trip by LE, to the college area where they searched, and their statement that they'd be making more arrests.

I wonder if he put the rocks in the culvert, in the even of a rain storm, to keep the body from washing out. Those were fairly large stones (or so it appears). I don't think that water had moved the body though, as there'd been no substantial rainfall since she'd disappeared.

I also wonder what made him think of the culvert? Is it a place they'd seen on family walks, or on his way to work? Is it a place he'd stored away in the back of his mind?

Hmmmm .... you guys must have missed my post.

Did I read that Sherin's body has been released?

If so, shouldn't we hear COD soon?

Would someone please respond to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 27 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast