Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I agree with Dr. Henry Lee that the whole thing happened as the result of an accident. Covered-up to protect Burke, I believe.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kortnie For This Useful Post:

Fact: Coroner's report notes additional injuries to JBR's neck, in addition to the deep furrow created by the garrote.

Fact: Just because 2nd ligature was found loose doesn't automatically mean it was always loose.

Fact: Ransom note author places JR at the phone at 8-10 AM on Dec 27, not Dec 26.

Fact: No DNA from any R is reported to be found under JBR's fingernails. The DNA found there belongs to someone else.

Fact: No DNA from any R is reported to be found in JBR's underwear, mixed in with JBR's blood. The DNA found there also belongs to someone else, known to be male.

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat
    Fact: Coroner's report notes additional injuries to JBR's neck, in addition to the deep furrow created by the garrote.

Fact: Just because 2nd ligature was found loose doesn't automatically mean it was always loose.
    Fact: Ransom note author places JR at the phone at 8-10 AM on Dec 27, not Dec 26.
    This is not a fact, it is an unknown. No one besides the killer(s) knows exactly what they meant by the word "tomorrow."

Fact: No DNA from any R is reported to be found under JBR's fingernails. The DNA found there belongs to someone else.

Fact: No DNA from any R is reported to be found in JBR's underwear, mixed in with JBR's blood. The DNA found there also belongs to someone else, known to be male.
    Fact: That someone else may or may not be the killer(s).

Also Fact: That DNA may have nothing to do with the murder.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishMist For This Useful Post:

I agree that DNA under the fingernails could be totally irrelevant, but the DNA in her panties?
    Ask Mike Kane.
    Vae Victus! (May the conquered suffer!)
    Celerem vindictam manu! (Swift hand of vengeance!)

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    The "odor about her" was an odor of decay first mentioned by LA. She noticed it as soon as she was brought up from the basement. In one of her earlier statements, she mentions that JBR was obviously dead, as she was in full rigor with arms straight over her head with no support. She was white, her lips were blue and there was an odor of decay.
    It was about approximately 12 hours from JBR's death to the time LA saw JR coming up from the basement holding her straight up, using the generally accepted time of death of around midnight. Decomposition starts in less than half an hour, and that odor begins in as little as 3-4 hours with a body indoors, even in a cool basement.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Yes, to a degree. Decomposition starts INSIDE a corpse first. Nearly always in the intestine area, where bacteria are plentiful. That starts to take place as soon as oxygen replenishment in the cells stops with the cessation of breathing. Anaerobic bacteria begin activity immediatele. I didn't mean the type of decomposition you were thinking of. Yes, in a cool basement it would take a few days at least.
    But the type that would cause the "odor of decay" that LA detected would certainly have begun by 12 hours after death.
    The autopsy noted "autolysis" in a few areas. Autolysis is self-digestion by an organ- it occurs when the organ is denied nutrients, glucose etc. which in life is delivered by the blood. With death, blood stops circulating right away. And the blood remaining in the vessels is depleted of oxygen.

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Please could someone tell me where the "chronic" abuse was mentioned, I've forgotten where I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by anne11 View Post
    Please could someone tell me where the "chronic" abuse was mentioned, I've forgotten where I read it.
    No sweat, anne11. It's mentioned on pages 557 and 560 of "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town," the beginning of chapter 24 in Thomas's book, the Ann Bardach "Vanity Fair" article, in a 2006 FOXNews interview, in Wendy Murphy's book "And Justice For Some), in Haney's interview with Patsy, just to name a few.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Thank you SuperDave

Quote Originally Posted by anne11 View Post
    Thank you SuperDave
    My pleasure.

Thanks, guys! I will definitely get the book/DVD and try to catch up.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Not the Nanny View Post
    Thanks, guys! I will definitely get the book/DVD and try to catch up.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.
    You have no idea.

When John's golf bag was removed from the house, where was it taken? Did the police ever confiscate it? Supposing (my theory) the murder weapon was hidden inside the golf bag until it could be disposed of, wouldn't traces of JonBenet's DNA be found inside it?

And, what about the walk-in freezer? Was that ever inspected?
    ...the truth is never far behind, I've learned my lessons well...

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat View Post
    When John's golf bag was removed from the house, where was it taken? Did the police ever confiscate it? Supposing (my theory) the murder weapon was hidden inside the golf bag until it could be disposed of, wouldn't traces of JonBenet's DNA be found inside it?

And, what about the walk-in freezer? Was that ever inspected?
    John's golf bag was taken by Patsy's sister Pam to him at the Stine's, per his specific request. No one investigating the crime has ever searched the golf bag. When Aunt P. entered the R home, she was not even accompanied by police, who remained outside. She was allowed to impersonate a police officer by being given a police jacket to wear that identified her as an officer (so as not to attract attention, it was said). None of the Rs were searched before they left the home (wearing large winter coats, PR carrying a handbag- and lets not forget they went to stay elsewhere- they were carrying at least minimal luggage). This is why it is so ridiculous when we are asked why the rest of the cord, tape, panties, etc. were never found. The possibility that these things were taken from the home by a family member is very real, and actually very likely.

There was no walk-in freezer. There WAS a walk-in refrigerator in the kitchen. There was freezer in the basement, but it was a basic type and not a walk-in. While I would hope LE LOOKED in the freezer and the walk-in fridge, I doubt it was inspected from a forensics aspect. (JBR's hair, body fluids, fibers from what she was wearing when found,etc. would all indicate that she had been in there that night. JR was very quick to point out to police that HE had looked in the walk-in fridge, maybe as a way to explain his fingerprints, but to me this is as suspicious as the wiped-down batteries in the wiped-down flashlight. This was the family fridge. Why WOULDN'T his prints be on it? The same for the flashlight/batteries. This belonged to the home, though they tried to deny it at first, later admitting it was theirs only after being shown a photo of an open drawer which they said was where they kept the flashlight. They drawer did not have a flashlight in it. Then they admitted that this was probably their flashlight. I have never been able to think of a legitimate reason why the parent of a kidnapped (not just MISSING) child would look in a refrigerator for their child. Yes, kids can HIDE in a fridge. BUT if you HAD the note, and knew she was kidnapped, why would kidnappers put her in a fridge? They wouldn't. They wouldn't "hide" her anywhere in the house. They'd take her out. Even if they killed her or she died, they'd never leave the body in the house. They'd dump it somewhere else, because at that point, with no ransom possible, she'd be useless to kidnappers and simply be discarded.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Not sure if this has been mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    I will check AMES, but as I recall it and this is important, Fleet said he went into the room slightly but could not find a light switch and the room was so dark, he did not see anything. But why would he lock the door again. I think the lightswitch was to the side of the entrance. I have to check. John did not know that Fleet was down there before him.
    Forgive me if this has been brought up - there are so many posts and I've been trying to go through them all. If it is fact that Fleet opened the door and couldn't find the light switch, so he closed the door and left - wouldn't that make it a fact that whoever carried JBR down to the basement had to have known where the lightswitch was, otherwise they wouldn't be able to see. So, would it then be fact that the person who carried JBR downstairs was someone familiar with the house?

I am sure there is an explanation, as I'm not as well versed on this case, but I'd love to know more facts on the above.

Sara
    Rest in Peace
    Caylee Marie Anthony
    2005 - 2008

You're in the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandreala For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast