Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Separating FACT from fiction

Was JB's own DNA present in the nail scrapings, and also does anyone know why there were contusions on the temporal lobes (coup-contre coup?)
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by anne11 View Post
    Was JB's own DNA present in the nail scrapings,
    Yep.

and also does anyone know why there were contusions on the temporal lobes (coup-contre coup?)
    Thanks in advance
    I don't KNOW, but one possibility: the brain ricocheting due to the impact.
    All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    SD is correct. With an impact like that, forceful enough to crack open her skull, the brain does ricochet back and forth, slamming into the inside of her skull the same as it would in a car accident.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

I've been looking at the autopsy photos again and you are right DeeDee there are no scratches near the ligature, but do you think that the garrotte applied twice as there seems to be 2 seperate marks, and the mark i thought was made by a thumb seems too angular, any ideas on that mark?

I've been looking at the autopsy photos again and you are right DeeDee there are no scratches near the ligature, but do you think that the garrotte applied twice as there seems to be 2 seperate marks, and the mark i thought was made by a thumb seems too angular, any ideas on that mark?
    To me, it looks just like a single ligature furrow. The triangular shaped red abrasion seen under the ligature furrow is common in strangulation victims and is the result of blood pooling under the pressure point. This could be the spot where the strongest pressure was applied as the ligature was twisted. There are photos on http://www.crimeshots.com that show similar marks on the throat of a victim who was strangled with a scarf. Some here believe that JB was strangled with something else first, possibly even from someone twisting her red turtleneck. However, I do not believe this. I think if that had happened, the coroner would have known. If that had happened, the first strangulation would have left its own mark.

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Thanks again DeeDee , i always had in my mind that the murderer held the ligature behind her, i think i was wrong.

Thanks again DeeDee , i always had in my mind that the murderer held the ligature behind her, i think i was wrong.
    You weren't necessarily wrong. The knot was found tied in the back at the nape of her neck. Her hair and gold chain necklace were caught up in the ligature as it was twisted. The triangle red mark still could have been caused by the pressure from the strangulation. The ligature could have started out with the knot twisted in front. The red mark happens while the victim is still alive, so possibly the twisting started out in the front. Either way, that red mark is common in strangulation victims.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know when JAR moved out of the R's house and why.
    Thanks in advance

13. The Following User Says Thank You to anne11 For This Useful Post:

I've been revisiting ACR and just wondered if anyone has more information on the R's gardener.

Yep, looks like the outline of the muzzle of a hand gun. Check out the picture I 'enhanced' in my album.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...628839&thumb=1
    Last edited by MurriFlower; 06-21-2010 at 08:01 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MurriFlower For This Useful Post:

In recent months, it was celebrated all over the news that the new DNA testing proved the Ramsey's had nothing to do with it.

Can someone catch me up on why that isn't true (obviously, or you wouldn't all be still discussing this).
    SuperDave You have no idea.
    Talk about cream puff.
    Better find some better questions to ask yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    It was LE who told JR during a depo that FW told them he was in the basement early that morning (hours before he and JR "found" the body around 1 pm). JR then said he was unaware of FW's previous visit to the basement. FW told LE that he looked into the wineceller and didn't see JBR wrapped in the white blanket. He said he couldn't find the light switch. That was so surprise- it was in an odd place- not only was it outside the room, it was also in an unusual place on the wall- down about knee-level. (where no intruder would find it either) He was stunned that was where she was eventually found. He had said that there was no way he felt he could have missed seeing her, even without a light on in the room.
    Tests were conducted by LE in the basement to see whether there was enough light coming in from the hall outside the wineceller to see in the room, and it was determined that there should have been enough light even if the wineceller was dark. After all, FW didn't walk around the basement in the dark- they ALL put lights on as they searched the house. It was dark at that hour of the morning, but the wineceller was dark all the time anyway because it had no windows.
    I don't recall if tests were done with the white blanket (or at least any white blanket) still in the room. If it were me, I'd have tested the light in the room that way.
    He may have used a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by WHITEFANG View Post
    Talk about cream puff.
    Thanks for providing all the proper context.

Better find some better questions to ask yourself.
    I've got one right now, but I don't think you'd like it.
    All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!

He may have used a flashlight.
    Yes, he may. But with the flashlight wiped down, we won't know, will we? Of course, FW would have no need to wipe the BATTERIES, would he?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Yes, he may. But with the flashlight wiped down, we won't know, will we? Of course, FW would have no need to wipe the BATTERIES, would he?
    I wonder if family support services cleaned the flashlight, too, as they walked around spraying and cleaning the house?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to WHITEFANG For This Useful Post:

I wonder if family support services cleaned the flashlight, too, as they walked around spraying and cleaning the house?
    Could very well have happened. They were seen wiping the kitchen counters down. But the batteries are still a problem because they'd have no reason to "clean" them". (I can't BELIEVE they wiped down a crime scene).

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

I'm a small (just me)foreign (i'm in france) faction hijacking the thread, (only briefly i promise) what do you folks think of PR cutting off JBR hair when she was sick of the fights to keep it tidy, i wouldn't do that to my girls- my last resort would be a hairdresser.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to anne11 For This Useful Post:

I'm a small (just me)foreign (i'm in france) faction hijacking the thread, (only briefly i promise) what do you folks think of PR cutting off JBR hair when she was sick of the fights to keep it tidy, i wouldn't do that to my girls- my last resort would be a hairdresser.
    I don't recall reading anything about this. Patsy was VERY into JB's hair. Do you have a link you can post for this info?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Hi DeeDee, if you scroll down to spring 1994 http://www.acandyrose.com/s-jonbenet-timeline.htm.

Hi DeeDee, if you scroll down to spring 1994 http://www.acandyrose.com/s-jonbenet-timeline.htm.
    If you read that interview, Patsy said that JB cut her hair herself when she was three. Patsy says "in jest" that is she got sick of JB arguing about having her hair done, she'd just cut it off. Then she says that JB cut her own hair when she was about 3. I wouldn't view that off-hand comment as much of anything. I don't see it as an abusive comment. I am sure many a mom has said that to a kid who fusses about having their hair fixed.

Thanks for posting the link.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

I must have mis-read it, I'm mum of 2 girls with very long hair, they do fuss but it is part of 'identity' therefore, i just get on with it and use tons of detangler.

I must have mis-read it, I'm mum of 2 girls with very long hair, they do fuss but it is part of 'identity' therefore, i just get on with it and use tons of detangler.
    Me, too. My daughter had waist- length straight hair (still does, and she is a mom herself). I always found it easy to care for- make a braid or ponytail or bun in hot weather, and use "No More Tangles" (Do they still make that?) .
    I am sure Patsy would never have cut JB's hair- I think she may have even used falls and hairpieces for pageants because JB's hair always looked much fuller and longer in her pageant photos. Not that Patsy was the only one- most pageant moms use "tricks" like hairpieces, flippers (fake teeth to fill the gap when kids lose their two front teeth), false eyelashes, etc. Kinda sad, really. What does that say to these tots about their own natural beauty? Not beautiful enough, I guess. My daughter was a professional ballerina from age 8, and stage makeup was a part of her stage performances from her toddler days (classes started at age 2, professional classes at age 8) but it was simply a bit of bush, light lipgloss and nothing else.
    The kids in those pageants today are far too heavily made up.

An important case fact

Multiple matching DNA deposits can be found among the evidence at the crime scene, and can be found in the context of the crime that was committed. The DNA belongs to a unique person who is a male and is neither a family member nor on the list of suspects already tested.

I don't know where to put this but I found a curious comment PamP. made after John Carr was arrested...
    http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...es/2006/08/16/

"The news that a suspect was in custody was a long time coming, but she said, “I don’t think it’s ever too late to get a child killer off the street. It’s a shock when the day comes, you’re surrounded by all these feelings. Your mind spins, your heart races, there’s some sense of relief"

The choice of words is odd to me "it's a shock?" "SOME sense of relief?"
    Wouldn't it only be a "shock" if you know the guy did not do it otherwise wouldn't it be a HUGE SENSE OF RELIEF?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I agree...I believe that John moved her, to where she could be found more easily. He had no idea that he was going to be asked to search the house. He saw that the police obviously weren't going to find her, and wanted to get it over with....so, he moved her out to the middle of the room, so she could be found faster. Funny how, when asked to search the house to see if anything was out of place...that he heads straight to the basement. She disappeared from HER ROOM....so, why didn't he search there first?
    That could depend on which of the 4 personality type combinations he is. A more analytical person would have a "method" top to bottom , bottom to top. If he was closer to basement ( bottom) than her room he would logically start at basement. Remember they just asked him to survey his entire house for anything out of place. They weren't asking him to look for JB but for missing items, moved furniture, a hole in a wall who knows what just anything unusual.

If guilty I wouldn't go to basement for anything.
    IMO- a guilty conscience and a mind bent on cover up wouldn't allow a person to go anywhere near the body until it was found by someone else.

The unusual odor Fleet noticed perks up my ears though. I suspect some chemical, something simple and likely to be in any household. Rubbing alcohol,while not as effective as bleach at destroying DNA it evaporates and is near odorless after it has evaporated. The smell of bleach lingers and screams CLEAN UP ON CRIME SCENE. Did Fleet ever describe what this odor was or what it reminded him of. If it was a "nursing home odor" we can attribute that to her bed wetting. Even if she didn't wet the bed the night before, she slept in a bed that had been wet in plenty of times.

I would look inside a freezer or fridge as kids have been known to get inside them to play. That doesn't raise my suspicion of family members.

Don't get me wrong here I haven't made up my mind who I think did it cause nothing very solid has been found yet.
    The more I read here the more questions I have.
    While I want this case to be solved I don't want to make accusations or theorize who did it, (a lot of people look good for this) without some solid proof. I'm sure people better trained for this and smarter than me haven't found that piece of the puzzle or someone would have been be arrested by now.
    It is just so darn sad to see a murdered child not be able to get justice.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CathyR For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast