Anyone going to watch the movie, Flight 93?

indigomood said:
Yes, I plan to watch it. I have visited the site many times on the anniversary of the tragedy. Very humbling experience

There is a thread here in the jury room as well...

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35707

aahh, ok, thanks....i looked around to see if there was a thread already...must have overlooked it....

can someone delete this???

I posted something about this on another thread. Yes, I plan to watch. I know me and I will be crawling on the floor crying but it is something we have to face. My daughter won't watch. But I am older with not as much hope as younger people have and I want to know what we can do to recognize it and what we can do to stop it.

close_enough said:
aahh, ok, thanks....i looked around to see if there was a thread already...must have overlooked it....

can someone delete this???
don't feel bad close enough, LOL, I started a thread on baby jessica getting married two days after someone had already started a thread on it in the parking lot... OOOOPS :D

Don't delete it. I think this is importent for people to come and post about their feelings on this. I know A & E will do a remarkable job as always. This is part of our history and has to be faced with all the tragedy.

concernedperson said:
Don't delete it. I think this is importent for people to come and post about their feelings on this. I know A & E will do a remarkable job as always. This is part of our history and has to be faced with all the tragedy.
Yep, someone I know got to see it on a pre-release sine she works with the network. It's a real heartbreaker and really well done, she said, but then again like you wrote, A&E always does a good job.
I really didn't read too much about this when it happened other than some of the basic news stories. But I want to be touched more personally. These are people's lives that were taken away. What happened was terrible and we can't let this happen on our land again to innocent people.

I think it's good to keep threads like this here because not all people can read in the parking lot, or wherever the thread is, can they?
Maybe some people who come here just to read but aren't registered didn't know about the movie, and now they do :eek:

I'm gonna watch it. I've programmed it to record as I may not be able to face it tonite and maybe not all at once so I can do it in bits and parts now as I'm able. I have some other stuff going on in my life right now and I'm not sure I can deal with this tonite. Thank God for DVRs!

:( I watched it and it is really heartbreaking ,but very well done I learnt a lot about what happened and cant beleive how brave they all were.

luvahgirl said:
I'm gonna watch it. I've programmed it to record as I may not be able to face it tonite and maybe not all at once so I can do it in bits and parts now as I'm able. I have some other stuff going on in my life right now and I'm not sure I can deal with this tonite. Thank God for DVRs!

after i read that some, if not all, of the families of the passengers on board give the movie a "thumbs up", i decided to watch it...if the victims' families think it's ok, then that was all i needed to know...apparently it's done well & based on fact...

I will not watch it. As I did not watch any of the shows this weekend on the Challenger.There is no sense opening up old wounds.I bleed Red White and Blue .

Is it just a bunch of hyped up nationalism or do they show the real ending: that the plane was shot down by US forces because that is what happened. I think what happened is horrible but we need to look forward and be thinking and not just descend into hypernationalism.....that caused us to relelect Bush which has lead to disaster in Iraq, a faultering economy, a huge deficit and the turning of the government's back on the working class.......

My DH is asleep and i will crawl in the bed and watch it in peace, lol...and probably bawl like a big baby..

I watched the flight that fought back on discovery channel.I cried the whole time.I am originally from Jersey and the the post office in that town re-named the post office to Todd Beamer post office.

dark_shadows said:
I watched the flight that fought back on discovery channel.I cried the whole time.I am originally from Jersey and the the post office in that town re-named the post office to Todd Beamer post office.
Cool!

kylie said:
Is it just a bunch of hyped up nationalism or do they show the real ending: that the plane was shot down by US forces because that is what happened. I think what happened is horrible but we need to look forward and be thinking and not just descend into hypernationalism.....that caused us to relelect Bush which has lead to disaster in Iraq, a faultering economy, a huge deficit and the turning of the government's back on the working class.......
No, it did not happen the way you claim.

JDB said:
I will not watch it. As I did not watch any of the shows this weekend on the Challenger.There is no sense opening up old wounds.I bleed Red White and Blue .
Lest we forget or become complacent...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back