727 users online (85 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #8

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/miss...d-grave-danger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-disappeared/

Previous Thread (#7)

The couple went before a judge, along with officials from Texas Child Protective Services (CPS), concerning the custody of their 4-year-old biological child. CPS removed the little girl from the home and placed her in foster care just days after Sherin disappeared.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/23/m...id-body-found/

The father of a 3-year-old Texas girl missing since Oct. 7 told police that he watched his daughter choke on milk and die, then removed her body from the home, according to an arrest affidavit.

Affidavit

Body found in Richardson confirmed as missing 3-year-old Sherin Mathews

The parents of Sherin Mathews are set to return to back to court Monday morning for the custody of their biological 4-year-old daughter.

[...]

CPS has been looking into possible relatives for the biological child to stay with moving forward.

{updated on 11/17/17}

Mother, Sini Mathews, has now been charged with child endangerment in her death
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Ugh. I know that legally this was the correct thing for the judge to do based on her charges, but I am still disgusted. I think she had a big part in this -- just admitting to leaving her alone at home while the other three of the family had a dinner out tells me she is a heartless person. But then again I think the poor baby was already dead by the time they went to dinner.

I think they may have killed Sherin and then wanted to get the sister out of the house so they could dispose of her in the dark and while the sister was in bed. I think they could have said something like: "Sherin is sleeping, so we are going out to dinner without her." Then when they came back, put the sister to bed and had Wesley take care of disposing of her body and maybe cleaning up whatever mess needed to be cleaned up.

It wouldn't surprise me if LE has heard something else from their bio daughter that lets them know there is more to the story, but they surely won't divulge that until they know the goose is cooked, so to speak.

all just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by CookieM View Post
    Ugh. I know that legally this was the correct thing for the judge to do based on her charges, but I am still disgusted. I think she had a big part in this -- just admitting to leaving her alone at home while the other three of the family had a dinner out tells me she is a heartless person. But then again I think the poor baby was already dead by the time they went to dinner.

I think they may have killed Sherin and then wanted to get the sister out of the house so they could dispose of her in the dark and while the sister was in bed. I think they could have said something like: "Sherin is sleeping, so we are going out to dinner without her." Then when they came back, put the sister to bed and had Wesley take care of disposing of her body and maybe cleaning up whatever mess needed to be cleaned up.

It wouldn't surprise me if LE has heard something else from their bio daughter that lets them know there is more to the story, but they surely won't divulge that until they know the goose is cooked, so to speak.

all just my opinion
    You have me wondering if there is possibly another person involved. I'm doubting it but who knows. Parents & daughter left the house so someone could get Sherin out. They came home and WM waited till no one would notice him leaving to reassure himself Sherin wouldn't be found. Thus the 3 am excuse of giving milk to cover himself just in case someone noticed him driving away from the house. IDK, my head is spinning with the craziness of all WM has said.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdebow View Post
    You have me wondering if there is possibly another person involved. I'm doubting it but who knows. Parents & daughter left the house so someone could get Sherin out. They came home and WM waited till no one would notice him leaving to reassure himself Sherin wouldn't be found. Thus the 3 am excuse of giving milk to cover himself just in case someone noticed him driving away from the house. IDK, my head is spinning with the craziness of all WM has said.
    Interesting thought. I would think that phone records would show who they communicated with during that time and then those people would be interrogated.

It is so frustrating when we are at this point in a case. Just waiting on autopsy reports and waiting for the other show to drop. I do have faith in LE here though and I think they are being very careful in how they are handling things, making sure they don't move too quickly and damage the case.

Interesting thought. I would think that phone records would show who they communicated with during that time and then those people would be interrogated.

It is so frustrating when we are at this point in a case. Just waiting on autopsy reports and waiting for the other show to drop. I do have faith in LE here though and I think they are being very careful in how they are handling things, making sure they don't move too quickly and damage the case.
    I agree. The amount of care LE are using in this case gives me hope.

Is it possible LE is keeping the results of the autopsy report under their hats? Preventing the parents from building yet another story around the report.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Is it possible LE is keeping the results of the autopsy report under their hats? Preventing the parents from building yet another story around the report.
    I don't know if that is possible or not, but I do think the ME is still waiting for tox reports before making the official report.

Jmopiniononly

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    I would guess that they will sit on results unless/until they are useful in levelling new charges. Or until the report is complete and requested by news agencies. From there I don't know what Texas Sunshine Laws require.

I am leaning towards the "parents" leaving Sherin alone as a common, usual punishment. Perhaps eating out was used as a "reward" for doing as she was told. I would like to see records of how often they ate out...

IMO, they didn't think anything of leaving her home alone, because they had done it before. I don't believe she was dead or mortally injured at that time. I think when they returned, that Sherin still refused to comply and that's when things got ugly.

We don't know what bits of truth are thrown into their stories, but I have to wonder about the 3 am time frame WM originally gave. Why 3 am? Did he or Sini or both of them get into a battle of wills that raged into the wee hours of the morning? Originally she was in the kitchen, then the battle moved into the garage? They strapped her into her car seat, and it continued? Maybe Sini HAD gone to sleep, because the battle went on and on, so they could SAY that she was asleep and unaware of what happened to Sherin. Yeah, riiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdebow View Post
    Kinda wondered about another person being involved as well. The whacko stories throw a curve in the works, and then facts surface and it just gets worse. I thought I had gained some patience in my old age but waiting for reports, results and ANSWERS reveal how little patience I seem to actually have.

Quote Originally Posted by CTHR View Post
    Kinda wondered about another person being involved as well. The whacko stories throw a curve in the works, and then facts surface and it just gets worse. I thought I had gained some patience in my old age but waiting for reports, results and ANSWERS reveal how little patience I seem to actually have.
    True about the phone records, and everything else you said. I think LE is doing a great job as well.

Wow, I just saw on HLN, Primetime Juistice with Ashleigh Banfield, that Bond has been dropped to $100,000 for Sherin's mother. This is very disheartening.

I cannot keep up with all that has been discussed here, but has anyone considered that Sherin was strapped into her highchair or booster chair while the parents and sibling went to supper?

While they were gone, Sherin attempted to wriggle out of her chair, got caught in the strap and strangled? (Choked on her milk)

When Mommy and Daddy returned, she was already dead.

Thus it took awhile to come up with a plan and dispose of Sherin? This has been my thought ever since I saw she was left alone, but I have not seen this discussed.
    Why have we not seen an arrest in the Haily Dunn kidnapping and murder?
    Who murdered Hailey Dunn? Justice needs to be served this beautiful girl!

Quote Originally Posted by nannymo View Post
    I cannot keep up with all that has been discussed here, but has anyone considered that Sherin was strapped into her highchair or booster chair while the parents and sibling went to supper?

While they were gone, Sherin attempted to wriggle out of her chair, got caught in the strap and strangled? (Choked on her milk)

When Mommy and Daddy returned, she was already dead.

Thus it took awhile to come up with a plan and dispose of Sherin? This has been my thought ever since I saw she was left alone, but I have not seen this discussed.
    I have wondered about a similar scenario because it happened to a toddler in my hometown, years ago. My mother called me in tears to remind me of the dangers with high chairs .

Here is an example I found:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/i...-28111409.html

A distraught Co Armagh mother clutched a teddy bear as she recalled how her baby boy choked to death in a highchair when she left him alone for just seconds.

Roisin Ritchie was visibly distressed as she described to an inquest into the death of her 13-month-old son how he slipped down in his highchair and became tangled in the straps.

He was strapped into a highchair with a safety harness when she went into the kitchen to do the dishes.

Clinging to the child's toy while giving evidence, Mrs Ritchie, a care assistant at the time, said the accident happened when she had left the room for "literally seconds".

She described taking the dishes from the living room of her home into the kitchen where she scraped leftovers onto a dog's dish.

Deputy Coroner Suzanne Anderson noted that the death occurred after the youngster had unclipped the safety straps of the highchair himself and slipped down the seat.

The strap had caught around his armpits and his chest had been trapped below the tray, causing asphyxiation.

Miss Anderson highlighted that Mrs Ritchie freed the child and ran with him in her arms to a neighbour's house.

An ambulance was called at 7.40pm but the child was pronounced dead at 8pm.
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast