Memorial~United Airlines Flight 175

IdahoMom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A few posters last week said they would like to learn more about those who perished (were murdered, actually) on the doomed flights the morning of 9-11.

I will post a list of passengers for this flight, and if ya'll would like to share what you know, or pick a passenger and post a profile (with picture would be nice), that would be great.

There are so many stories to be told, and so many lives cut short senselessly.

PLEASE KEEP POLITICAL BS OFF THESE THREADS. THERE IS A SPECIFIC PLACE HERE AT WS FOR THAT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_175

United Airlines Flight 175 was a morning flight that regularly flew from Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts, to LAX in Los Angeles, California (Boston-Los Angeles route). The airplane on the flight, a Boeing 767-222 with registration number N612UA, was hijacked and crashed in New York City during the September 11, 2001 attacks. It was the second plane hijacked and flown into the World Trade Center. The first had been American Airlines Flight 11.

Flight 175 was scheduled to depart at 8:00 EDT, and left the gate at 7:59, but due to routine morning taxiing times, the flight departed the runway at 8:14. Had the flight been scheduled to depart 15 minutes earlier, it would have been hijacked at nearly exactly same time as Flight 11.

At 8:37:08, flight control asked the pilots of UA175 whether they could see American Airlines Flight 11 out their viewpoint, and the response was affirmative. They were ordered to maintain distance from the flight, since it was now known that it had been hijacked.[1] Approximately 7 minutes later, UA175 was also hijacked. The hijackers were Fayez Banihammad, Mohand al-Shehri, Hamza al-Ghamdi, Ahmed al-Ghamdi, and the pilot, Marwan al-Shehhi. They claimed they had a bomb, though this is not substantiated. The assailants used knives and mace to subdue members of the flight crew and the pilots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:911_commission_UA175_path.png
UA 175 flight path from Boston to New York City.

At 8:47, air traffic control received the first indications that the plane was hijacked. By 8:52 there was no doubt of an emergency, as the plane had radically changed course and was not responding. Despite reports that one of the passengers called his mother and told her they were thinking of storming the cockpit, it appears that no such intervention took place.

At approximately 9:03, Flight 175 flew into the south side of the southern tower of the World Trade Center, between floors 78 and 84. The plane was carrying 56 passengers (including the 5 hijackers) and 9 crew members. All on board were killed.

CREW

Robert Fangman, 33, Claymont, Del.
Michael R. Horrocks, 38, Glen Mills, Pa.
Amy N. Jarret, 28, North Smithfield, R.I.
Amy R. King, 29, Stafford Springs, Conn.
Kathryn L. LaBorie, 44, Providence, R.I.
Alfred Gilles Padre Joseph Marchand, 44, Alamogordo, N.M.
Capt. Victor Saracini, 51, Lower Makefield Township, Pa.
Michael C. Tarrou, 38, Stafford Springs, Conn.
Alicia Nicole Titus, 28, San Francisco, Calif.

PASSENGERS

Alona Avraham, 30, Asdod, Israel.
Garnet Edward (Ace) Bailey, 54, Lynnfield, Mass.
Mark Bavis, 31, West Newton, Mass.
Graham Andrew Berkeley, 37, Boston, Mass.
Touri Bolourchi, 69, Beverly Hills, Calif.
Klaus Bothe, 31, Linkenheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Daniel R. Brandhorst, 41, Los Angeles, Calif
David Reed Gamboa Brandhorst, 3, Los Angeles, Calif.
John Brett Cahill, 56, Wellesley, Mass.
Christoffer Carstanjen, 33, Turner Falls, Mass.
John (Jay) J. Corcoran, 43, Norwell, Mass
Dorothy Alma DeAraujo, 80, Long Beach, Calif.
Ana Gloria Pocasangre de Barrera, 49, San Salvador, El Salvador
Lisa Frost, 22, Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.
Ronald Gamboa, 33, Los Angeles, Calif.
Lynn Catherine Goodchild, 25, Attleboro, Mass.
Peter Morgan Goodrich, 33, Sudbury, Mass.
Douglas A. Gowell, 52, Methuen, Mass.
The Rev. Francis E. Grogan, 76, of Easton, Mass.
Carl Max Hammond, 37, Derry, N.H.
Peter Hanson, 32, Groton, Mass.
Sue Kim Hanson, 35, Groton, Mass.
Christine Lee Hanson, 2, Groton, Mass.
Gerald F. Hardacre, 61, Carlsbad, Calif.
Eric Samadikan Hartono, 20, Boston, Mass.
James E. Hayden, 47, Westford, Mass.
Herbert W. Homer, 48, Milford, Mass.
Robert Adrien Jalbert, 61, Swampscott, Mass.
Ralph Francis Kershaw, 52, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Mass.
Heinrich Kimmig, 43, Willstaett, Germany
Brian Kinney, 29, Lowell, Mass.
Robert George LeBlanc, 70, Lee, N.H.
Maclovio Lopez, Jr., 41, Norwalk, Calif.
Marianne MacFarlane, MacFarlane, 34, Revere, Mass.
Louis Neil Mariani, 59, Derry, N.H.
Juliana Valentine McCourt, 4, New London, Conn.
Ruth Magdaline McCourt, 45, New London, Conn.
Wolfgang Peter Menzel, 59, Wilhelmshaven, Germany
Shawn M. Nassaney, 25, Pawtucket, R.I.
Marie Pappalardo, 53, Paramount, Calif.
Patrick Quigley, 40, of Wellesley, Mass.
Frederick Charles Rimmele, 32, Marblehead, Mass.
James M. Roux, 43, Portland, Maine
Jesus Sanchez, 45, Hudson, Mass.
Mary Kathleen Shearer, 61, Dover, N.H.
Robert Michael Shearer, 63, Dover, N.H.
Jane Louise Simpkin, 36, Wayland, Mass.
Brian D. Sweeney, 38, Barnstable, Mass.
Timothy Ward, 38, San Diego, Calif.
William M. Weems, 46, Marblehead, Mass.

Ruth McCourt-45,New London,Ct.
Juliana McCourt-4,New London,Ct.
Flight #175 departed Logan Airport Boston,Ma.
Destination Disneyland in Ca.
Ruth and her daughter Juliana McCourt planned a trip to Disneyland with Ruth's best friend Paige Farley-Hackel.Paige is also Juliana's Godmother.
Paige wanted to take advantage of frequent flyer miles and decided to fly on flight #11 instead.Ruth and Paige decided that they would meet up in Ca.
Paige's plane hit the north tower and Ruth and Juliana's plane hit the south tower.
I posted Paige on the Flight #11 thread.On the thread of Paige,there is a photo of both together, Paige is on the left and Ruth is on the right.
mccourt.juliana.jpg
Juliana

I have to put Ruth's photo on the post below this one.

Ruth McCourt
See above post
mccourt.ruth.jpg

Ron Clifford was working at the World Trade Center towers when a plane carrying his sister, Ruth Clifford McCourt, and 4-year-old niece, Juliana, slammed into one of the towers. "Tragically, my sister hit the tower building as my brother was on the ground floor. He's safe now. He's very traumatized," John Clifford told the Manchester Guardian.

Adding to this bizarre coincidence, one of McCourt's friends, Paige Farley-Hackel of Boston, was on the American Airlines flight that slammed into the other tower. They had planned to meet in Los Angeles. McCourt was coming out to see old friends. "Our daughters were going to play together," said Mimi Torp, McCourt's best friend in high school. "We of course wanted our daughters to be friends, as we were."

McCourt, who was born in Ireland, lived in Pacific Palisades with her family and attended Marymount High School while her stepfather worked as a professor at UCLA.

Under her maiden name, Ruth created Clifford Classique, a full service salon and beauty product line based in Boston. She married David McCourt and the family lived in New London, Conn. Ruth McCourt is survived by her husband, David, and her mother, Paula Scott, and brothers Ron and John.

http://www.livingtributes.com/livingtribute.php?memid=785

Garnet Edward (Ace) Bailey

91665port.jpg
Ace of `Bailey-baisse'

When Garnet Bailey would come to scout a game in Worcester, Mass., he would announce himself by saying, "table for two, please" as a tribute to the legendary meals served when the IceCats were at home.

That is how Bill Ballou, a hockey writer for The Worcester Telegram and Gazette, remembers Mr. Bailey, adding that he was "a pretty aggressive player on the ice, but a sweetheart off the ice."

Mr. Bailey, 53, known as Ace, played 11 seasons in the National Hockey League, and was a scout for 20 years, the last seven as director of pro scouting for the Los Angeles Kings. The team's general manager, Dave Taylor, said Mr. Bailey had a gift for measuring the intangibles that a player could "bring to the table."

Food mattered at home in Lynnfield, Mass., too, according to his sister-in-law, Barbara Pothier. For his wife, Kathy, his son, Todd, and friends, he would cook a dish called "Bailey-baisse, with "every kind of meat you could think of ‹ tenderloin tips, chicken, pork chops, sausages," Sautéed, then baked with onions and tomatoes, Ms. Pothier said, "it was fall-off-the-bone delicious."

Mr. Bailey took a Los Angeles flight, United 175, from Boston on Sept. 11. It struck the World Trade Center.
[size=-1]Profile published in THE NEW YORK TIMES on November 25, 2001. [/size]

I thank all of you for posting and sharing.I have not read up on so many individuals as I have on IdahoMom's threads.Thanks for taking time to honor.

dark_shadows said:
I thank all of you for posting and sharing.I have not read up on so many individuals as I have on IdahoMom's threads.Thanks for taking time to honor.
Thank YOU! These innocent people deserve to be remembered! :blowkiss: They didn't deserve to die that day in that way!

Patrick Quigley, 40, of Wellesley, Mass.- with his beautiful family in happier times.

190.jpg

http://www.september11victims.com/september11victims/VictimInfo.asp?ID=190
http://www.legacy.com/nytimes/Sept11.asp?Page=Story&PersonId=91705

Great Brother, Great Friend

Patrick J. Quigley IV lived in 21 places in 40 years, and at school he and his sister, Ruth Quigley-Lawrence, were always in the same grade, though she was 11 months older. "I always knew who I was going to play with on the playground, I always knew who I was eating lunch with," she recalled. "He was the slowest eater."

The siblings had their own version of Korean, different from the one their mother taught them. They ended up together in classes at Rutgers, and she married her brother's roommate and best friend. Mr. Quigley lived with them for a year, when his consulting job brought him to her company, and he took over her desk when she left.

Their older brother, John, said that Patrick chose a few things to do well, and did them very well. "He was just very even, very focused," he said.

Last summer Mr. Quigley, a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers, and his wife, Patricia, bought a house in Wellesley, Mass., to put down roots. Their two children are Rachel, 6, and Leah, who was born in October.

Mr. Quigley was on Flight 175 on Sept. 11.

"Some people you like and you don't know why — yeah, he was like one of those guys," said his father, Patrick Quigley Jr. "I guess you would've liked him if you met him."
[size=-1]Profile published in THE NEW YORK TIMES on April 21, 2002.[/size]

Of Wellesley, Patrick J. Quigley IV, age 40, died unexpectedly on Tuesday September 11, 2001. Beloved husband of Patricia A. (Fleming) Quigley, who is expecting their second child in October, and father to Rachel L. Quigley, age 5. Patrick attended high school in Willingsboro, N.J., and graduated from Rutgers University in 1982 with degrees in art history and business. In September of 1990, Patrick joined Pricewaterhouse, later to become PricewaterhouseCoopers. During his career, Patrick was a leading participant in PwC's Data warehousing practice, serving clients in a variety of locations across the U.S.A. Patrick was admitted as a partner to PwC in 1999. He was the leader of the West Region Data Warehousing practice and also was a leader in PwC's U.S. Customer Relationship Management practice. PwC has recognized Patrick as an outstanding partner responsible for building a highly successful practice. His many clients have also recognized him for delivering outstanding service. On a personal level, Patrick enjoyed collecting wine and maintained an extensive collection from around the world. Also, he was a gifted artist who enjoyed painting and drawing. Patrick is also survived by his parents, Patrick J. Quigley, Jr., who worked for the state of New Jersey for 20 years, and Mi Ja Kim Quigley, both of Willingsboro, N.J., his siblings John Vincent Quigley and his wife Michelle of Alexandria, Virginia, and Ruth Quigley-Lawrence and her husband Christian of Belle Nead, N.J.; as well as many nieces and nephews. Patrick's wife, Patricia, is a member of a large, well-known family from Lowell, Massachusetts, including her father, the former Mayor M. Brendan Fleming. Visiting hours at George F. Doherty and Sons Funeral Home, 477 Washington Street (Route 16), WELLESLEY, will be on Sunday, September 16, 2-6 pm. Memorial Mass at St. Ignatius Church, 28 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, will be on Monday, September 17, at 11 am. Relatives and friends are kindly invited. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Trustees of the Wellesley Free Library, 530 Washington St, Wellesley, MA 02482. GEORGE F. DOHERTY & SONS WELLESLEY 781-235-4100 Paid Notice published in THE BOSTON GLOBE on 9/14/2001.

Amy was from my very small town. I attended the first memorial service for her held at one of our churches. So many of our residents attended the candlelight ceremony - the church gathering overflowed into the town common. It was a touching tribute to a fine young woman whose life ended so tragically - yet so heroically.

Amy Jarrett, 28, of North Smithfield, R.I., was a flight attendant on United Airlines Flight 175, the second plane to crash into the World Trade Center. Jarret had worked for United for the past six years after graduating from Villanova University.
amyjarrett.jpg

Aram Jarret loved everything about his daughter Amy's career as a flight attendant.

``She was the consummate professional,'' the 58-year-old North Smithfield, R.I. attorney said yesterday of his 28-year-old daughter, the third of his four children. ``She was smart, professional, very helpful, and she had no hesitation about putting someone in their place.''

After the horror of the news that Amy was a flight attendant on United Airlines Flight 175 settled in, Aram Jarret also formed an image of what might have happened as terrorists seized control of the flight.

``If there's a crisis, then she would always be one of those people you'd want with you,'' he said. ``I don't know what happened up there, but she would have been one of those people trying to do the right thing.

``But what strikes me is just how senseless this whole thing is, and it's tragic that innocent people get caught in this,'' said Jarret. ``She had no chance.''

OB RN said:
Amy was from my very small town. I attended the first memorial service for her held at one of our churches. So many of our residents attended the candlelight ceremony - the church gathering overflowed into the town common. It was a touching tribute to a fine young woman whose life ended so tragically - yet so heroically.
Hello OB RN,
I am so sorry that you had to go through the pain.How hard it must have been to attend the service.

Thank-you so much for letting us know Amy through your heart.
IdahoMom,you are so good with your rememberances.

Just to correct a misconception....

I did not know Amy Jarrett personally - nor did many of those who turned out for that memorial service. But in the spirit of our small town, and in support of
Amy & all those victims, we all came together for her family.

The pilot was married to a girl I graduated high school with. I remember seeing them at a reunion years ago.
For more information about Vic Saracini visit the website his daughters have
www.victorsaracini.com

becca

Thank-you IdahoMom for bringing up this Memorial.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo