OH OH - Susan Smith, 41, Washington Township, 30 March 2006

Old Broad

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I couldn't find a thread on this case, if there already is one please delete this one.

Kaitlyn Smith talked to her mother, Susan, every day. So when she hadn't spoken with her for several days after their last phone conversation March 28, she became concerned and contacted police.

More than two months later, the 16-year-old still hasn't heard from her mother. No one has. And there's been no activity on Ms. Smith's bank account.

"She was trying so hard to get on her feet - she wasn't exactly on them," Miss Smith said. "But she was trying. I know she wouldn't take off."

Police don't think she did, either.

They're investigating the missing Washington Township woman's case as a homicide, even though they haven't found a body, Toledo police Sgt. Steve Forrester said.

More at link.
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060613/NEWS03/606130430/-1/NEWS

Old Broad

Susan's daughter was the last known person to talk to her mother. Susan told her daughter that she was meeting a friend at a gas station and that he was going to fill up her vehicle with gas. I wonder if the gas tank was full when LE found the vehicle parked behind an apt complex? That would tell if she ever made it to the gas station or not. I also wonder if the seat was in place for Susan or if it was in place for someone taller or shorter? Wonder if she knew anyone in that apt complex or if someone just stashed the vehicle there.

I think it is interesting that the police believe that this is probably a homicide. So often you can hardly get that word out of them when it seems pretty obvious that it is a homicide. They must have found some type of evidence to point them in that direction.

I feel so bad for the two teenagers who are waiting day and night to get some word of their mother. I hope they hear something soon so at least they will know one way or the other.

I cannot find her listed on any missing persons website. I'm guessing her case has been resoved one way or another, but I don't know for sure.

Hoppy

I cannot find her listed on any missing persons website. I'm guessing her case has been resoved one way or another, but I don't know for sure.

Hoppy

No, the case hasn't been resolved. Every once in awhile I hear about it in the local media, when they bring up old unsolved missing persons cases in the area.

She has a NamUs profile now - NamUs MP # 7940. It was created in August 2010. I don't know who created the profile, but it lists a Detective Steve Forrester with the TPD as a police contact.

Status Missing
First name Susan
Middle name J.
Last name Smith
Nickname/Alias AKA-Susan G. Stewart
Date last seen March 30, 2006 00:00
Date entered 08/19/2010
Age last seen 41 to 41 years old
Age now 50 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 65.0
Weight (pounds) 125.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7940/0/

Susan went missing 9 years ago this week.

15 years missing. Susan remains missing on Ohio's Attorney General Missing Person's site and I see very little other info or updates. Thinking of her daughter, K., and other loved ones.

• susan_j._smith_1.jpg
Smith, circa 2006
  • Missing Since 03/30/2006
  • Missing From Toledo, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/22/1965 (58)
  • Age 41 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 125 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt, black pants and a work ID tag attached to her shirt.

• Medical Conditions Smith suffers from depression. She also has a history of drug abuse.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Borrowed blue four-door 2002 Dodge Durango with the Ohio license plate number DDU 9339 (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, green eyes. Smith has a tattoo on her breast. Her hair is naturally strawberry blonde but it was dyed bright red at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance​

Smith was last seen at the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in the 5400 block of Summit Street in Toledo, Ohio between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m. on March 30, 2006.

She was driving her boyfriend's blue four-door 2002 Dodge Durango with the Ohio license plate number DDU 9339 at the time of her disappearance. She was supposed to report to work at the Toledo Yacht Club at 5:00 p.m., but she never arrived and has never been heard from again.

About a week after her disappearance, Smith's vehicle was found abandoned in the 1500 block of Brooke Park Drive. There was no sign of her at the scene. She left all her belongings behind, including her cellular phone, purse and makeup, and there hasn't been any activity on her bank account. The phone was off the hook at her home on Holiday Drive, but this wasn't unusual for her.

Foul play is suspected in Smith's case; police are investigating it as a homicide. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Washington Township Police Department
  • 419-726-0478
  • 419-213-4977

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 15, 2010; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back