Autistic Child Drowns in Lake

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
MACON, Ga. (AP) -- Accidental drowning was the cause of death for a 6-year-old autistic boy whose body was found in a lake at the apartment complex where he lived, authorities say.

A rescue helicopter spotted the body of Jabriel Eason on Monday after a 20-hour search, said Sgt. Melanie Hofmann of the Macon police.

Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones said an autopsy revealed no injuries to the body and determined he died of accidental drowning.

More: http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83370

OMG! This is my worst nightmare. My boy has Autism and they definately love to wander into dangerous territory with no sense of danger at all. The state troopers had to block a section of the interstate off because our house was next to it and my boy got out the back door while I was cooking dinner. He was 3 years old missing for over 2 hours. I felt like I was dying... I feel so bad for this mom I understand Autism and I live it daily with my son its so hard sometimes.

I understand this as well, how sad for his family. I have a sibling who works in a group home with autistic adults and he is in charge of only one resident-that resident would wander off if not for the group home's security measures.

Mygirlsadie said:
OMG! This is my worst nightmare. My boy has Autism and they definately love to wander into dangerous territory with no sense of danger at all. The state troopers had to block a section of the interstate off because our house was next to it and my boy got out the back door while I was cooking dinner. He was 3 years old missing for over 2 hours. I felt like I was dying... I feel so bad for this mom I understand Autism and I live it daily with my son its so hard sometimes.
MGS,

That's terrifying. Thank God your little one was found safe. This is truly every mother's worst nightmare.

How terribly sad!!

Richie wondered off once. Early one morning while we were asleep.
He unlocked the door and went for a walk.

Since then our doors are double sided key only deadbolts with door alarms.
Not that I have much faith as he is more then old enough to figure out to get my keys and unlock it. I hide my keys at night.

I live in Macon and this is so sad! A few years ago a girl was found in that lake. My prayers are with this family.

After reading the article I feel even worse for the family.

The mom had changed the locks and blocked the door with a couch.
Autistic children don't always sleep like the rest of us.
They often have amazing problem solving skills when it comes to getting what they want.

We use to bolt Richie's bedroom furniture to the floor.

This is so horribly sad. My heart is truly breaking right now. I hate stories like this....

About 6 years ago around here, an autistic boy about 5 years old went missing and it turns out he had climbed high on top of one of those huge electrical things (not sure what they're called..they're kind of like a tower, but hollow, and kind of shaped like the eiffel tower) and he was up there for hours and hours and wouldn't come down. They had a fire ladder truck parked next to it and they still couldn't safely get him because he wouldn't let go and let himself be coaxed down by the firefighters. His older brother was very close to him, so they let his older brother climb up there and he was able to get him to give him to the firefighters. He only trusted his older brother. Thank God it ended happily.

I don't have an autistic child, but I've always been interested in it and have read books upon books upon books regarding it, attended seminars, and soaked up any info I can in an attempt to determine the cause. It's mind-boggling...the incidences of autism diagnoses have risen dramatically in the last decade, and continues to rise at an alarming rate each and every year. I feel that science is very close to finding the cause. For a long time I was on the "vaccine related bandwagon", but I'm not so sure now. In a way I feel like when we do find out the cause, it might be like "it was there in front of us the whole time!" Like the answers to this are hiding in plain sight.

I have the utmost respect for families of autistic children and know that they have an immensely difficult job in ensuring the safety of their children, let alone all the other issues that come along with having an autistic child. I hope that one day soon the world will be able to uncover the secret and answer the questions regarding the origins of this. I do know that these are very special children.

I wonder too. My son has Autism and I wonder if it is because he was born premature? I have 2 other children who are perfectly healthy so sometimes I just don't understand why he got this. Before we got our extra locks put on our doors I had to make Christian sleep with me and I would shove our Armoire in front of our bedroom door so he couldnt escape...The things we will do! :D

julianne said:
This is so horribly sad. My heart is truly breaking right now. I hate stories like this....

About 6 years ago around here, an autistic boy about 5 years old went missing and it turns out he had climbed high on top of one of those huge electrical things (not sure what they're called..they're kind of like a tower, but hollow, and kind of shaped like the eiffel tower) and he was up there for hours and hours and wouldn't come down. They had a fire ladder truck parked next to it and they still couldn't safely get him because he wouldn't let go and let himself be coaxed down by the firefighters. His older brother was very close to him, so they let his older brother climb up there and he was able to get him to give him to the firefighters. He only trusted his older brother. Thank God it ended happily.

I don't have an autistic child, but I've always been interested in it and have read books upon books upon books regarding it, attended seminars, and soaked up any info I can in an attempt to determine the cause. It's mind-boggling...the incidences of autism diagnoses have risen dramatically in the last decade, and continues to rise at an alarming rate each and every year. I feel that science is very close to finding the cause. For a long time I was on the "vaccine related bandwagon", but I'm not so sure now. In a way I feel like when we do find out the cause, it might be like "it was there in front of us the whole time!" Like the answers to this are hiding in plain sight.

I have the utmost respect for families of autistic children and know that they have an immensely difficult job in ensuring the safety of their children, let alone all the other issues that come along with having an autistic child. I hope that one day soon the world will be able to uncover the secret and answer the questions regarding the origins of this. I do know that these are very special children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back