1327 users online (273 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Money grubbers at it already

Maybe John Karr will get his "dream team" after all.

He's the 41-year-old suspect in the high-profile, JonBenet Ramsey murder case.

Larry Garrison, who's based in Los Angeles, said he's already secured the movie and book rights for the Karr family's story. Garrison said he hasn't gotten a cent -- only a promise of a percentage to come from any profit. And he said the Karr family wants the money to go to Karr's defense, and a college fund for his kids.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9722039/detail.html

I'm waiting to see if David Lane, the high profile attorney for Ward Churchill, steps up to take Karr on as a client when he lands in Colorado.

If the Karr family want the money to go to Karr's kids, I wouldn't consider them to be "money grubbers." Those kids haven't had a dad, probably no child support, and now they're tormented by their dad's actions. I say, "Go for it."

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Maybe John Karr will get his "dream team" after all.

He's the 41-year-old suspect in the high-profile, JonBenet Ramsey murder case.

Larry Garrison, who's based in Los Angeles, said he's already secured the movie and book rights for the Karr family's story. Garrison said he hasn't gotten a cent -- only a promise of a percentage to come from any profit. And he said the Karr family wants the money to go to Karr's defense, and a college fund for his kids.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9722039/detail.html
    well u really have to wonder
    what they are securing the rights for if he is a kook
    i wouldnt watch a movie about his life-unless he was the murderer- I wont give this wierdo a second glance if he is a fake

Quote Originally Posted by Trino
    If the Karr family want the money to go to Karr's kids, I wouldn't consider them to be "money grubbers." Those kids haven't had a dad, probably no child support, and now they're tormented by their dad's actions. I say, "Go for it."
    I agree. I wouldn't consider them "money grubbers" at all. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tracey jumps on this bandwagon.

Karr is a flake. If anyone is going to benefit financially from this, I hope it's his children. However, I wouldn't spend a dime on anything written about this guy. There are plenty of fruitcakes in this world...I don't need to plop down my hard-earned money to read (or watch a moive) about them.

Just thinking outloud here. The ex-wife who is securing the rights for movie, etc. She has been so insistent that he is innocent. If he is let off as a kook there wouldn't be any movie or book. Wonder what her thinking is, did she get new information or remember something to think that he is guilty now?
    But to probably blow this theory you have to say her lawyer has probably talked her into this "just in case".

Quote Originally Posted by newtv
    well u really have to wonder
    what they are securing the rights for if he is a kook
    i wouldnt watch a movie about his life-unless he was the murderer- I wont give this wierdo a second glance if he is a fake
    That's the thing. Everyone whose lives are being negatively affected by this nutbar's drama queen antics are trying to go for the gusto while people are still willing to pay for it. They know tht once he's revealed to be a fraud the interest will end but the damamge/expense will remain. For example, I'm highly suspicious of the 1st wife's prents' claim they "discovered" lettters from Karr to their then-12 year old daughter signed "S.B.T.C"

Quote Originally Posted by MissHolmes
    Just thinking outloud here. The ex-wife who is securing the rights for movie, etc. She has been so insistent that he is innocent. If he is let off as a kook there wouldn't be any movie or book. Wonder what her thinking is, did she get new information or remember something to think that he is guilty now?
    But to probably blow this theory you have to say her lawyer has probably talked her into this "just in case".
    The article says nothing about the ex-wife.

"His father and brother are hoping to get a big-name lawyer to defend Karr. So they've hired an actor-turned-author to help them find one.

Larry Garrison, who's based in Los Angeles, said he's already secured the movie and book rights for the Karr family's story. Garrison said he hasn't gotten a cent -- only a promise of a percentage to come from any profit. And he said the Karr family wants the money to go to Karr's defense, and a college fund for his kids."

They're not going to need any money. A high profile lawyer is going to take his case on for free. Just watch.

Movie rights? What's it going to be called? Deliverance II?

Yeah, I know. That wasn't nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lighthouselover

Probably more along the lines of TransAmerica II

Quote Originally Posted by lighthouselover

LOL...but it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander
    They're not going to need any money. A high profile lawyer is going to take his case on for free. Just watch.
    Who could blame him or her? It's guaranteed to be high profile, and it could be the easiest case of their career.

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander
    Maybe Geragos could resurrect the "brown van"? I'm surprised Gloria hasn't jumped in there already!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Who's going to play Wendy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast