Wrap-Up For Now on Karr? 8-29 Back to Work?

Eagle1

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For now, they have nothing placing Karr in Boulder that night, and he would have had to be with at least one other pedophile, two sets of footprints, no DNA match directly to him.

A small number of others COULD have been there, besides so obviously the R's. Hopefully they will keep working on the cold case. Can we get back on track?

Another thought, Probably there's a lot of pedophile networking, even if they really don't write notes, which we don't know for sure.

Eagle1 said:
For now, they have nothing placing Karr in Boulder that night, and he would have had to be with at least one other pedophile, two sets of footprints, no DNA match directly to him.

A small number of others COULD have been there, besides so obviously the R's. Hopefully they will keep working on the cold case. Can we get back on track?
Another thought, Probably there's a lot of pedophile networking, even if they really don't write notes, which we don't know for sure.

yeah, all this news of JMK totally blew all the other info on this forum, out of the water....i never posted a whole lot, prior to this Karr thing, but loved to read here....(can all the other threads be brought back??)

anyway, with all that's happened, i've started to think more about BlueCrab's theory, of another person, possibly a teenager at the house that night, with Burke....(i think that was the theory)....it never really clicked w/me before, but i sure wish there was some way to find those threads again..i've done a 'search', but can't find it now....

can all this mess with JMK be put in the archives & all the other threads be put back in the 'front'????....

Looks like it's back to business as usual, Eagle1. We all dance the dance some more!

Here's an example:

Focus remains on Patsy Ramsey
MSNBC
Aug. 17, 2006 |8:41 p.m. ET
by Joe Scarborough
So many things don't add up in the JonBenet Ramsey case even after that creepy reptile of a suspect was allowed to slither out of his Bangkok prison cell. Last night I spoke to Patsy Ramsey's sister on Scarborough Country. She was obviously relieved that the world finally had a reason to divert their suspicions from her dead sister to a serial child molester. But investigators I am talking to on and off camera tell me that their focus remains on JonBenet's mother. Why? Because they think John Mark Karr's confession may be an attempt to get out of a life sentence in Bangkok. Better to spend your remaining years in US federal facility than a Thailand hell hole. Investigators say even taking the rap for a brutal murder will be a better deal if it gets him back on American soil. Besides, they say his performance in the press conference was pathetic. One told me, "He looked like he was lying through his teeth." Others still don't buy Patsy Ramsey's story. Remember after the murder how watching the slain girl's mom made you feel uneasy in all those interviews? Her story didn't seem to add up then and it doesn't add up now. The biggest question centers around how an outsider like Karr could have carried this off without the help of a family member. Does anyone really believe this guy would travel from Georgia, break into the house, pull the little girl out of her room undetected, take her down into the basement, tie her up in an elaborately evil fashion, practice writing a long ransom note, rewrite that long ransom note (that demanded the exact amount of John Ramsey's bonus), rape the little girl and then slip out undetected? Anything is possible, but those chain of events coupled with the Ramseys' bizarre behavior after the murder still leaves me wondering whether this school teacher could have committed such a crime on his own. Last night I once again gave Patsy Ramsey the benefit of the doubt. I concluded that since I had never been through such an unspeakable tragedy, I was in no position to judge her conduct.
But Mark Klass, who lost his little daughter under similar circumstances, quickly interrupted me. Mark, like so many others talking about the Jon Benet case, said the Ramsey's behavior simply was not consistent with that of a parent who had lost their child. I suspect we will learn more about Patsy Ramsey and this murder once Karr starts talking to police. But whether what we learn absolves or implicates her is anyone's guess.

SuperDave said:
Looks like it's back to business as usual, Eagle1. We all dance the dance some more!

Here's an example:
What are the only people who have meaningful things to post here the ones that have posted the most (maybe even posting nonsense)? Just because people don't post a lot on this case, doesn't mean they know nothing about it. It seems to me that to get back on track talking about this case has lead to NOWHERE!

I don't know exactly which thread to put this in as the interest in him is waning. But it's taken this long to listen to enough of the tapes to realize what a liar he was. Because of the lies that can be easily verified, it puts zero credibility on any confession he makes.

He told Michael Tracey that his grandmother raised him on a plantation like Tara and that he had 5 or 6 houses to choose from, owned by the family; that he came from wealth, which was why he was attracted to affluent girls like JBR. However, in an MSNBC new clip on the internet, they show the house his grandmother raised him in, and it's a modest little house.

The other blatant lie of course was telling Tracey that the PO box in Bangkok that he gave him to send the photo was far away from him and someone else would pick up the package and reroute it to him. We know that is a lie, as he was living in Bangkok and was observed picking it up on his bike.

Mary Lacy has explained why she felt he was a danger and had to be apprehended. But they knew about him since 2001 so all this information about his background would be known. They were monitoring his phone calls and emails with Tracey and would know about each lie. Why then would they decide to believe one of his stories among all the lies? It makes no sense to parade this known liar before the world and bring him to the US. It could have been handled without any fanfare or publicity at all.

Well, at least now he's been exposed to the whole world. If he gets totally free I'm sure he'll keep trying to change his appearance for OBVIOUS reasons, to evade the law after future offenses, and probably his name.

He'd have to also quit wearing "high pants". lol

And if he turned up looking like JonBenet, that'd sure alert even children who're potential victims, right? Parents will teach about pedophiles in general besides this one, in addition to manners and stuff, right?

Editing to add that if I wanted to be merciful to an extreme, which we're obviously not in a mood for, it could be said that his life has been depressing enough to make anybody nuts to some degree. He hasn't "overcome" as a lot of, for instance, African Americans have. Usually they had sane parents. But protecting our children is more important than rehabilitating him. Which may not be possible, never can be trusted.

People like them can't be rehabilitated, Eagle1. Everyone knows that.

aspidistra said:
*snip*
Mary Lacy has explained why she felt he was a danger and had to be apprehended. But they knew about him since 2001 so all this information about his background would be known. They were monitoring his phone calls and emails with Tracey and would know about each lie. Why then would they decide to believe one of his stories among all the lies? It makes no sense to parade this known liar before the world and bring him to the US. It could have been handled without any fanfare or publicity at all.
At the press conference, investigators said that they did NOT have Karr's name until a few days before his arrest. Despite the report that California LE had given Boulder detectives his name back in 2001, they had no record of it whatsoever.

Some of the what JK said about himself was false, but a lot of it was true: he was from Atlanta, he had been raised by his grandmother, he was an elementary school teacher, he hadn't talked to his family in years, he had children, he had been a suspect in a girl's murder, he had been secretly tape recorded before, etc. etc. etc. And when he was talking about the 12 year old girl he had been with, I wondered if he was talking about his first wife.

Those phone calls were sickening to listen to, though... far worse than the e-mails. I wonder if we'll ever see the chapters of the book by "Daxis" that he sent to Tracey?

close_enough said:
yeah, all this news of JMK totally blew all the other info on this forum, out of the water....i never posted a whole lot, prior to this Karr thing, but loved to read here....(can all the other threads be brought back??)

anyway, with all that's happened, i've started to think more about BlueCrab's theory, of another person, possibly a teenager at the house that night, with Burke....(i think that was the theory)....it never really clicked w/me before, but i sure wish there was some way to find those threads again..i've done a 'search', but can't find it now....

can all this mess with JMK be put in the archives & all the other threads be put back in the 'front'????....
Hi, I'm new here. I agree, all of this JMK stuff should be archived. I think it was a really hateful thing he did just to get back to the states. Does anyone know if there are going to be any criminal charges of any kind filed against him ?? Wasn't he wanted for something here anyways ?? Just curious if anyone knows, I don't think this sort of sick person should be walking around free to prey on the children of this nation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back