Police turn to psychic for help

juliagoulia

Reaction score
I posted these on the media thread, but thought I would start a thread so we can discuss it. What do y'all think.

http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-773718.html
and
http://www.nbc17.com/news/9949918/detail.html

I am THRILLED it is being done, but what can really come of it? What evidence could it uncover that would lead to an arrest? I haven't heard of a case that went to trial because of a psychic. Does anyone know the track record on this device?

Raven? Are you nervous?

Police turn to psychic for help

By BriAnne Dopart : The Herald-Sun
bdopart@heraldsun.com
Sep 27, 2006 : 10:54 pm ET

DURHAM -- After exhausting all leads in the murder case of Janet Abaroa, Durham police homicide investigators are turning to a famed psychic for help.

Link to article

How do you all feel about bringing in a psychic? I never have believed in this stuff.... but over the ten years I have seen things I just can't explain. So consider myself on the edge with both feet dangling in the beliver pool.

I would hope that, I have heard of it done, she might lead detectives to the missing pieces to this case. For Janet.

As long as we never forget her, then by the powers of our combined energy and love the men and women working on this case will get the evidence they need.:eek:

I think it is a great idea. This lady has a history of working with LE and is married to a detective in Oregon. I think at this point anything is worth a try.
Janet deserves justice and whoever took her life deserves to be caught and put away.

I think I am on the same fence as you are Julia. It might just be my lack of experience or knowledge of what exactly phychics do though and I am just glad that this has put Janet's name back in the media. One thing that caught my eye is that they quote the sister saying that Janet's family will do whatever it takes to help solve this case. It made me again notice that Raven has done nothing. Nothing to help this case. Oh, and neither has his family!

I think it's a good thing. I don't know if I believe in the psychic stuff, but heck, it can't hurt.

Raven, better get some brain scrambling gear, she might just be tapping into your head soon, or even at this very moment. Try a foil cone--like what they did in "Signs."

Wow, goes to show you the files regarding the brutal murder of Janet and her unborn child are not sitting in a corner or a shelf gathering dust.

I take this as a positive sign that the family of Janet and Law Enforcement are doing whatever it takes, to get Justice for Janet. Janet's family seems like very strong people that may not be very vocal, but does show they are seeking Justice for Janet.

Birdhunter, glad you noticed that too. The first thing that stood out for me also was there was no comment from Raven or his family. It seems as though none of them would ever lift a finger to help solve this crime..Sad but oh so true, time and time again.

A few quotes taken from Laurie McQuary's site below:
"Laurie understands the confidential nature of the law enforcement. Her willingness to donate her time and talent make working with her a pleasure. I would not hesitate to use her again on an investigation." Larry Pedersbeck, Detective, Yamhill County Sheriff's Office

"Laurie's amazing insight put us on the right path in investigating the circumstances surrounding our son's death, and I am glad to publicly thank her". Ruth Pryor, Jefferson, OR

I have no clue what the track record is of using a psychic is but read up on it on other cases and saw several shows on psychic helping out in investigations.

The above underlined sentence says it all to me though, "put us on the right path." She seems to have helped out on many cases, and from what I know of Psychic use, I believe they help put the pieces of the case together and provide a link that otherwise cannot be explained without being there at the time of the murder.

I also find it interesting the angle taken by the reporter, asking residents of Durham, what they thought, and the reaction of one of the citizens. More worried about the $$$'s. I doubt that Laurie is on the payrolll of the Durham PD, and she's probably donating her time and talents or donations are footing the bill for this.

I would be happy to donate money for this or even a private investigator, anything to get this case solved and the perpatrator behind bars.

This is very exciting news to me.

I don't believe the psychic will actually help, but I still have to cheer for the psychic. Come on Psychic! Go Psychic! You Can Do IT!

All we need is the murder weapon or Raven's computer and we will have a slam dunk case.

At this point, I'm willing to put my eggs in the psychic basket. Like you said, R&G, GO PSYCHIC, GO! I really hope this leads to the discovery of SOMETHING... the murder weapon, the computer... anything that will help this case be a slam dunk.

Although if they need help figuring out who did it... they can call me and I can tell them... I think we all could... :rolleyes:

I feel the same way, Guera, any and all help to get a slam dunk on this case is worth a shot, and my prayers are with the Christiansen family and all their friends.

In may get quiet in here sometimes, but people are still out there seeking Justice.

Having this new development of a psychic involved is proof enough to me that Janet is pulling strings because she does want Justice for her and her unborn child, Kaiden and her family too!

Dream Police should be playing loudly in Raven's head right now!

Oh Raven, I forgot to tell you that I recently became a psychic too. I see orange jumpsuits, prison bars, and a little birdy whose cellmate uses him like a girlfriend. Eeewww. :slap:

I check this forum regularly to see if anything new as arisen. I don't necessarily believe in psychics, but any attention put on solving this case is a good thing. Let's hope the media keeps up with the psychic's investigation. If any clue comes out publicly it can only help. Perhaps something brought out will cause Raven to panic. I wouldn't be suprised to hear he's being watched.

Oh he's being watched, even if he doesn't realize it. Even the people who work at the Papa John's across the street from his work know who he is and the conflicting stories behind his wife's murder. More people know than you think, Rave.

guera said:
Oh he's being watched, even if he doesn't realize it. Even the people who work at the Papa John's across the street from his work know who he is and the conflicting stories behind his wife's murder. More people know than you think, Rave.
Yep, even those around him are starting to doubt him, that in itself puts a smile on my face.

guera said:
Sounds like Raven needs more than a foil cone on his head to go unnoticed. Wonder what he'll be thinking next time he walks into that Papa John's.

His work knows the situation and I think I heard that his bishop knows. I believe a lot of the church people know too. Does he have sports buddies that we need to inform. It may not hurt to go through the lists of teammates from various competitions and let them know. Perhaps they already know. Do you recall the SVU soccer game around homecoming where the guy next to him intentionally leaned away.

There are a lot of eyes on you Raven. If I ever see you I would like to ask you flat out if you did it. I know you did it. So maybe I would follow up by asking why you did it. Janet was a sweet person. Perhaps you felt trapped. I'd like to know why you killed her. I'm sure everyone around you wonders what you say.

guera said:

I love that!

Long time without posting in here, though I check back for news. Not too sure about this whole thing but always have an open mind. At the very least, it does send a message that what happened to Janet isn't being forgotten anytime soon.

Still hoping for the one needed break.

LvsAMystry said:
I love that!

Long time without posting in here, though I check back for news. Not too sure about this whole thing but always have an open mind. At the very least, it does send a message that what happened to Janet isn't being forgotten anytime soon.

Still hoping for the one needed break.
Thank you for stopping by Lvs. We could use all the warmth a friendly post offers us.

Peace

Thanks for posting this, guys!

I really think this will help..I think rave should be worried. I'm so glad there's activity on this case!! :dance:

One thing I know, nothing rhymes with "orange"...the color of your future ensemble, rave.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back