IMPORTANT: Michael Tracey/Westword Article/Please read.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For the first time since Ann Bardach's article about the JBR case appeared in Vanity Fare in 1997, we have a fantastic article from Westword that exposes the truth about the shenanigans in the JonBenet Ramsey case. This time, focusing on Michael Tracey and his out and out lies and accusations towards innocent people. All the while making money off of bogus documentaries.

The wonderful reporter who spent the time and dug for the truth is named Alan Prendergast.

If you like what you read I would encourage you to please let Alan know by emailing him. Maybe your email might even appear in a letter to the editor
alan.prendergast@westword.com

If you want to leave confidential feedback for Prenderast you can do so here.
http://www.westword.com/feedback/in...line=Made for Each Other&issuedate=2006-10-12

It's very important to let the publications know that their willingness to write about the JBR case and seek the truth is greatly appreciated.

If everyone who liked the article would email Alan Prendergast it will make a difference.

There's still a ways to go.

Lin Wood was on Katie Couric's "Free Speech" segment last night.

Never mind what he had to say. The fact that Lin Wood was on a segment called "Free Speech" is the height of sick irony, given what he does when anyone challenges his clients and their account.

He and Tracey are made for each other: two human leeches with no ethics, no hearts and no sympathy from me. If they want sympathy, I suggest they look in the dictionary between s**t and syphillus.

SuperDave said:
If they want sympathy, I suggest they look in the dictionary between s**t and syphillus.
o/t SD you win, this has to be the best line in a post all day. Bravo!
clap.gif

L L & S said:
o/t SD you win, this has to be the best line in a post all day. Bravo!
clap.gif
I second that..SuperDave is a Superhero in my book !

SuperDave said:
Thank you! You're a lovely audience!

Count me as a fan. That line was BRILLIANT!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

SuperDave said:
If they want sympathy, I suggest they look in the dictionary between s**t and syphillus.
Fantastic! Couldn't have said it better....:D

This guys agenda is bigger than Tracey's. Nothing resembling Journalism there at all.

Badsleuth said:
This guys agenda is bigger than Tracey's. Nothing resembling Journalism there at all.
Excuse me?

Alan Prendergast dug deep, talked to sources, triple checked his sources and wrote the truth. It has NOTHING to do with an agenda.

I participated in this article. I was only quoted briefly (which was just fine with me) but I can tell you that in no way shape or form did Predergast have any sort of "agenda" when he interviewed me.

So tell me Badsleuth, what exactly is wrong with the article? It's all true, backed up by Tracey's own emails and taped phone conversations with Karr.

How about a few examples rather than a sweeping comment.

Tricia said:
Excuse me?

Alan Prendergast dug deep, talked to sources, triple checked his sources and wrote the truth. It has NOTHING to do with an agenda.

I participated in this article. I was only quoted briefly (which was just fine with me) but I can tell you that in no way shape or form did Predergast have any sort of "agenda" when he interviewed me.

So tell me Badsleuth, what exactly is wrong with the article? It's all true, backed up by Tracey's own emails and taped phone conversations with Karr.

I was thinking the same thing: excuse me?

The professor is using students to help research his future crockumentaries and the 'book deal' he hoped Karr would bring him...the university is somewhat 'sponsoring' these ridiculous money making schemes.

I say the professor, who keeps targeting the WRONG suspects in his crocks, quits making money and fame off a dead 6 year old little girl named JonBenet.

A thousand curses on the nutty professor, make he get what he desires. :razz:

Tricia said:
Excuse me?

Sorry to jump in here I know you were asking Badsleuth. But..........
Im not so sure about an agenda except he 4sure seems to be anti ramsey, accepts the words of convicted criminals and assumes LE always tells the truth. MT may be misguided and he could be wrong but at least he's trying. Also its not his fault the media turned JMK into JMStarr.

Im not so sure about an agenda except he 4sure seems to be anti ramsey,

I thought it was fair. A touch indelicate, but fair.

accepts the words of convicted criminals

Could you be more specific? And keep in mind that Lou Smit is enamored with "jailhouse informants!"

MT may be misguided and he could be wrong but at least he's trying.

Trying to get rich.

Also its not his fault the media turned JMK into JMStarr.

True. Karr played a big part in his own self-immolation.

SuperDave said:
Could you be more specific? And keep in mind that Lou Smit is enamored with "jailhouse informants!"
I tend to try not to get to wrapped up in the "name game". LS, ST, LA, MT and so on. All these people in their own way willingly or unwillingly are part of the cover up. People like MT are valued because they continue to look for the "patsy" (no pun intented) the so called "crazed pedophile" intruder type. The, if you will, Lee Oswald of the JBR case. People like ST are valued because they keep the heat on the R's. This works out well for those who never want to see this case in a court of law.

Onward:
You have to go no further than page one to see this reporter is no reporter. He has is bias opinion and has no problem letting us know.
"Tracey has a dismal track record as a Ramsey sleuth. He's been barking up the wrong tree for years, serving up one implausible suspect after another"

Let me also mention his Fleet White reference.
"Fleet White Jr., a former friend of the Ramseys who'd split with them shortly after the murder, was even more incensed. He and his wife Priscilla wrote to the CU Board of Regents, questioning Tracey's competence and demanding an investigation." ..."they wrote. "Mr. Tracey was attempting to deflect suspicion from the Ramseys on the eve of the grand jury investigation."
I don't trust FW for reasons many of you already are aware of. I see no reason to portray him as a "crusader" of some sort. In fact it seems he is/was a leading RDI propagandist. With friends like this........I'd run from Boulder to.

Onward
"Gigax offered to send Bennett sales receipts that proved he was in Indiana over Christmas 1996. He also had a dozen witnesses who'd seen him there on Christmas Day. As he sees it, the film mangles basic facts about him, his whereabouts and his criminal record to make him fit the part of a crazed ninja-stalker killer. Calling him a "convicted pedophile" is a bit misleading: After what he describes as a drunken and unconsummated encounter with a teenage babysitter 21 years ago, he was convicted of attempted sexual assault and served less than two years. Yes, he pleaded guilty in 1996 to a menacing charge over a fight in his trailer that ended with the stabbing of a neighbor, but he received probation and arranged to complete it in Indiana."
Ah the poor misunderstood Mr. Gigax. How nice of him to OFFER to show those receipts to Mr. Bennett. Did Mr. Bennett take him up on that? We don't know because Mr. Prendergast doesn't care. There seems to be no attempt to get the "babysitters" version of the story. That nasty stabbing incident? Obviously the neighbor's fault. Maybe he does fit the part Mr. Prendergast. Yet a man with no criminal history, who no one can prove or even suggest he ever hurt anyone and heads a multi-national corperation worth millions of dollars is his prime suspect.

4sure said:
Sorry to jump in here I know you were asking Badsleuth. But..........
Im not so sure about an agenda except he 4sure seems to be anti ramsey, accepts the words of convicted criminals and assumes LE always tells the truth. MT may be misguided and he could be wrong but at least he's trying. Also its not his fault the media turned JMK into JMStarr.

The reporter sounded more anti incompetant DA's office to me.

I can't imagine the DA in my city listening to some professor who already has a track record of pointing the finger at the wrong guys! Without any hard evidence....then to listen to Tracy spoon fed Karr the details on JonBenet's murder, which by the way Karr kept getting WRONG, and to follow this man's advice....without a shred of evidence Karr was there other than his rambling confession, which still got the details of the murder wrong.

Sheesh...I'd say the reporter was right on what is wrong in Boulder.

Show Me said:
I can't imagine the DA in my city listening to some professor who already has a track record of pointing the finger at the wrong guys! .
When your hungry you sometimes have to try shaking the tree to see if anything falls out.

4sure said:
When your hungry you sometimes have to try shaking the tree to see if anything falls out.

But you need evidence to find the killer....there wasn't ANY evidence Karr was with JonBenet other than his crazy confessions to a money making fame seeking professor, who was also shopping for publishers for his book.

Wonder if Tracey still has his book deal now that Karr is cleared...did the publishers think third times a charm and surely the professor CAN'T be wrong again? Whoops.....yep Tracey was wrong again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back