LKL interviews with John Karr and Keith Ablow

Hyatt

Reaction score
I was highly troubled by the fact that Dr. Keith Ablow, after conducting an ethically problematic interview with John Mark Karr, through a hidden camera should be showcased in this program as an expert on Karr. It seems to me that to secretly tape someone and then play the video to mass media is in of itself indicative of a major professional violation of his mandate to HELP people as the doctor he is. How does anyone justify his decision to entrap and then exploit Karr through nationwide exposure for sensationalist purposes? It is a shame that LKL will still hold such an individual in high regard and revere his so-called expertise. Don't you all feel that, beginning with Michael Tracey, this man has been sufficiently betrayed by exposing to the media moments which he felt were private? This is a human being whose mother tried to kill him as a child and he deserves our sympathy and not continued abuse by the media. He has not been proven to have harmed any child and is a free man with no pending charges. Isn't it time to give him a break? While I do not know what to make of Karr, I find his continued demonization by the media absolutely shocking. Let's not forget that he did not seek out the limelight but that good old Michael Tracey put him there.

IMO

Hyatt said:
This is a human being whose mother tried to kill him as a child and he deserves our sympathy and not continued abuse by the media.
This is a human being who transmitted e-mails that outlined how badly he wanted to have sex with a 6-year-old. Sympathy???? (SuperDave, that's your cue!)

Are yiu kidding? Karr is wanting to keep his story to himself for the book and film rights, and it seems to me that to claim to have been involved in a murder is "ethically problematic". How do you know that Ablow didn't have permission? You aren't believing Karr, are you? He has lost the right for people to believe him.

Hyatt said:
I was highly troubled by the fact that Dr. Keith Ablow, after conducting an ethically problematic interview with John Mark Karr, through a hidden camera should be showcased in this program as an expert on Karr. It seems to me that to secretly tape someone and then play the video to mass media is in of itself indicative of a major professional violation of his mandate to HELP people as the doctor he is. How does anyone justify his decision to entrap and then exploit Karr through nationwide exposure for sensationalist purposes? It is a shame that LKL will still hold such an individual in high regard and revere his so-called expertise. Don't you all feel that, beginning with Michael Tracey, this man has been sufficiently betrayed by exposing to the media moments which he felt were private? This is a human being whose mother tried to kill him as a child and he deserves our sympathy and not continued abuse by the media. He has not been proven to have harmed any child and is a free man with no pending charges. Isn't it time to give him a break? While I do not know what to make of Karr, I find his continued demonization by the media absolutely shocking. Let's not forget that he did not seek out the limelight but that good old Michael Tracey put him there.

IMO

I have no sympathy for Karr and his horrific pedo rantings. He could have just gone home to Dad and let it all be.He wants the media spotlight and a free meal ticket. He deserves no respect what soever IMO. This fellow will not go away and he will make money out of his nasty exploits.The fact that the media are queing up to talk to him just shows what a feeding frenzy the whole sad tale is.If he was plied with alcohol then he was a silly man to talk to Abslow whist intoxicated. While I do not agree with these methods, Karr is a grown man responsible for his own actions. Abslow and his producers should hang there heads in shame for employing such antics if they did so.Nothing the media does surprises me anymore.But whats done id done and Karr will have to put up with it.

Hyatt said:

IMO

Hyatt,
Sometimes I wonder if money is the reward, in Tracey's case it appears to be money and padding to his questionable media studies portfolio, but with Dr. Keith Ablow he hardly appears to need the money, being a successful author, and consultant, possibly he wishes to sharpen up his media profile.

Interestingly in one of his books Compulsion there are repeated references to the Ramsey case, and these are pointed:

One is in the context of a leading character, who is a billionaire with an interest in software stocks, agreeing to police interviews and offering advice etc, his baby daughter has been discovered asphyxiated, with the comment:

ABLOW said:
He could have pulled a Ramsey, tied the department in knots for months until we proved probable cause.

Later on he refers to Burke:
ABLOW said:
You didn't see JonBenet's brother placed in any foster home after she was killed.

So Dr. Keith Ablow has more than a passing interest in the JonBenet case, I guess he might suggest he is always looking for new material, or that Karr represents an interesting medical pathology?

This is a human being who transmitted e-mails that outlined how badly he wanted to have sex with a 6-year-old. Sympathy???? (SuperDave, that's your cue!)

No kidding! You want me to have sympathy for HIM?! I don't care if he had a bad childhood; unlike JB, he survived his. Sure, Tracey fished for someone like him, but he WANTED to take the bait!

If he wants sympathy, I suggest he look in the dictionary between s**t and syphillus!

SuperDave said:
No kidding! You want me to have sympathy for HIM?! I don't care if he had a bad childhood; unlike JB, he survived his. Sure, Tracey fished for someone like him, but he WANTED to take the bait!

If he wants sympathy, I suggest he look in the dictionary between s**t and syphillus!
SD, I am shocked!:D

I was glad to see it and I believe what was shown was the 2 sides of John Mark - the one when he knew he was on film and the remarks he made when he did not know he was on film. Showed me a lot.

Sabego

I wonder if Mary and her staff watched these LKL and Ablow shows.

If so, I wonder if they ever knew about his manuscript. Let's see, if he had it with him when arrested in Thailand, probably so. He said he was in posession of it. Unless they let him go back to his apt and retrieve his posessions before leaving Thailand for Boulder, I doubt it.

I do believe he has such a writing, and am thinking it was the package that was mailed to the Professor Michael. This is why his attorney says there are things of Karr's that he needs to get back.

Do you think the Prosecutors office wants to take a look at this document? Yesterday Candice DeLong expressed a distinct interest in it, from the point of view of an investigator. Is it true that Karr has not been completely exonerated by Mary's group and the investigation of JonBenet?

Hmmmm, just food for thought I guess. Scandi

scandi said:
I wonder if Mary and her staff watched these LKL and Ablow shows.

If so, I wonder if they ever knew about his manuscript. Let's see, if he had it with him when arrested in Thailand, probably so. He said he was in posession of it. Unless they let him go back to his apt and retrieve his posessions before leaving Thailand for Boulder, I doubt it.

I do believe he has such a writing, and am thinking it was the package that was mailed to the Professor Michael. This is why his attorney says there are things of Karr's that he needs to get back.

Do you think the Prosecutors office wants to take a look at this document? Yesterday Candice DeLong expressed a distinct interest in it, from the point of view of an investigator. Is it true that Karr has not been completely exonerated by Mary's group and the investigation of JonBenet?

Hmmmm, just food for thought I guess. Scandi

Scandi,
I believe they did accompany him to his apartment to get his things. Didn't he bring 2 computers back with him?

Thanks SewingDeb,

I thought that I had read that but wasn't positive. So these things had to be stored in a jail locker in Boulder I assume. I wonder if they looked through his things. Under arrest for murder, you'd think they would get a warrant for that.
Buzz thought the Feds had his laptop, right. Well without proper info there is no way to know. Karr siad he had it with him I think, the manuscript, but I don't believe him at all, the twirpy little :liar:

I do think he has something to lie about, though.

Scandi

eta: By the way, I sure miss Buzz :( He hasn't posted since Sept 20th. We should start a thread for him I think, don't you.

I watched the interview with great interest. I agree with everything you say. He's being expolited certainly. Larry King always stays neutral and is nice to anyone that comes on his program. I never really liked him, but that’s why he gets the better interviews, because he never takes sides.

John Mark Karr isn’t going to go away anytime soon. But true he is a victim in his own right. He is a product of the environment he was brought up in and I find it absolutely fascinating and intriguing to be able to see how his mind works. I think John Mark Karr is an important man now in regards to giving us all an inside view to how a pedophile thinks and operates. I do feel sorry for this man and for the way he is being exploited, however at the same time, I think JMK is being used as an instrument right now and what he has to teach us is important to understanding how one becomes a pedophile.

I wonder if Karr is going to have a sex change operation and rename himself Karrene,Karren,or something.Then add some lipstick and blush in addition to that eyeliner he had on.(Wonder why he was only wearing eyeliner and nothing else?).Hopefully he won't be able to get a job working with kids ever again.Let's hope no one ever fails to recognize him in that respect.

:loser: I can't help but think unless he has his whole face redone in plastic surgery he'd not make a good woman either. UG.

JMO8778 said:
I wonder if Karr is going to have a sex change operation and rename himself Karrene,Karren,or something.Then add some lipstick and blush in addition to that eyeliner he had on.(Wonder why he was only wearing eyeliner and nothing else?).Hopefully he won't be able to get a job working with kids ever again.Let's hope no one ever fails to recognize him in that respect.

SuperDave said:

I agree 100% . If John karr is being exploited , its because he started it. NOBODY has twisted his arms to go on these shows ,and especially on the ablow show , run his big mouth.

He is a total wackjob and it shows everytime he opens his trap.

I didn't watch those particular LKL's but sounds like they violated their oath, and maybe the law, and should have realized he was too mentally ill to protest, right?

After all, he'd just made that unbelievable confession, showing how ill he was. We don't have to be psychiatrists to know that and the pro's and the media should have known. Will he come to his senses enough to file suit?

I read where Ablow states that he interviewed Karr for 4 hours, and that he (Ablow) did nothing unethical. I tend to think that with his safety net of major TV producers, attorneys, etc.. that he has himself covered well. Here is one article from Forbes regarding the show:
http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebusiness/feeds/ap/2006/10/13/ap3090195.html

According to Karr, his attorneys are not happy with Ablow and will take action against him. But who knows if this is the truth? Perhaps Karr et al are just angry because they didn't receive money for that look into Karr's mind?

KARR: Right. Let me explain something about that. That was not an interview. That was something that was misrepresented and I have an entertainment attorney, Mr. Chris Reggie, who is now handling that matter and we're trying to work something out before we go into litigation because this was not done with my permission.

I feel no sympathy for John Mark Karr. For years he has been BEGGING to be acknowledged as JBR's lover and killer. HE put himself into the position of being investigated and outed. Anybody who furthers this man's obsession with himself and childrn by helping him to produce a book/movie (that includes anyone who buys or watches it) is equally guilty of exploiting the murder of an innocent child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back