South Park has gone too far

I never watch the show.. I find this to be in bad taste

Did you see the survey results? I'm quite sure that more than a few of the people who voted yes are regular South Park viewers, so even if regular viewers are not shocked by it, that does not mean they approve of it.

Personally, I think it's disgusting and disrespectful to a good man who was so greatly admired. But that's just my :twocents: .

Survey results (so far):

Do you think a South Park episode featuring Steve Irwin attending a party in Hell with a stingray barb protruding from his chest is insensitive?

Yes 629

No 163

This is in very poor taste.....his family is still in grief..as well as a lot of his fans.
I can usually pass things off that offend me.....but this one I cant.

I don't know what to think of this episode of South Park. I'm not a regular watcher of this show just because I think it's dumb.

But, Steve has shocked me over the years with his over the top behavior. I've been a fan of his for years, but he has had his share of controvery, namely holding his son while feeding a crocodile, and on and on and on.

Personally, I don't think his wife and daughter will be watching this episode so it will probably disappear into obscurity with a few mixed reviews.

I've often chuckled watching South Park, it is so not politically correct which I guess is what I like about it, but it takes things too far sometimes and this is one of those times.
Personally I don't think Steve would mind us laughing about whether or not he could get into heaven but I haven't seen the whole episode so I don't know what else what said.
They needn't have been so on the ball either...I feel bad for Terry, she is just getting used to the fact Steve isn't around and bang, there it is all over the news again..

I saw this episode last night. It's interesting because South Park even lampoons themselves with the Steve Irwin bit. Basically, Satan is having a big party and one of his minions tells him that someone's there dressed as The Crocodile Hunter and everyone is appalled.

Satan goes over to Steve and says all the things people are saying here - "Look buddy, it's too early for this - what about his family, etc...you're going to have to leave...that's inappropriate." Then the joke is that it is the real Steve Irwin and Satan makes him leave anyway because he's not wearing a costume.

I personally thought it was brilliant. I count myself a fan of South Park and a fan of Steve Irwin.

South Park is over-the-top all the time and constantly pushes the envelope. This is what I like about the show, so I can't really have it both ways - be mad when something they do pushes my buttons - they push everyone's buttons. That's the point. That's why I watch it.

It's not fair of me to laugh when they lampoon people and causes that I think are silly but then get angry when they lampoon people or causes I care about. They are equal opportunity and that's what makes it funny and fair.

Steve Irwin was also someone who was over-the-top and pushed the envelope and people's buttons. I think he would laugh at the episode.

southcitymom said:
I saw this episode last night. It's interesting because South Park even lampoons themselves with the Steve Irwin bit. Basically, Satan is having a big party and one of his minions tells him that someone's there dressed as The Crocodile Hunter and everyone is appalled.

Satan goes over to Steve and says all the things people are saying here - "Look buddy, it's too early for this - what about his family, etc...you're going to have to leave...that's inappropriate." Then the joke is that it is the real Steve Irwin and Satan makes him leave anyway because he's not wearing a costume.

I personally thought it was brilliant. I count myself a fan of South Park and a fan of Steve Irwin.

South Park is over-the-top all the time and constantly pushes the envelope. This is what I like about the show, so I can't really have it both ways - be mad when something they do pushes my buttons - they push everyone's buttons. That's the point. That's why I watch it.

It's not fair of me to laugh when they lampoon people and causes that I think are silly but then get angry when they lampoon people or causes I care about. They are equal opportunity and that's what makes it funny and fair.

Steve Irwin was also someone who was over-the-top and pushed the envelope and people's buttons. I think he would laugh at the episode.
I missed it....You said you just watched it..What time was it on, cable tv?
I'll give you my :twocents: later......

Whether you like or hate them, I have a lot of respect for them. I mean, their show is basically a commentary about their veiws on society. They get paid a boatload of money just to basically be on an animated soapbox everyweek. They have caused controversy (the Tom Cruise episode, Issac hayes departure from the show) and they don't back down and although some of what they say is in poor taste I think they have had alot of great points on that show.

Pharlap said:
I missed it....You said you just watched it..What time was it on, cable tv?
I'll give you my :twocents: later......
We TIVOed it, so I don't know when it originally aired - we just got around to watching it last night...and yes, I think it was on cable. I'll be you could dowload it from YouTube.

2sisters said:
Whether you like or hate them, I have a lot of respect for them. I mean, their show is basically a commentary about their veiws on society. They get paid a boatload of money just to basically be on an animated soapbox everyweek. They have caused controversy (the Tom Cruise episode, Issac hayes departure from the show) and they don't back down and although some of what they say is in poor taste I think they have had alot of great points on that show.
They also spoof themselves quite a bit. I suspect they have offended just about every member of society somehow. I personally think they are incredible satirists.

The other thing about the Steve Irwin bit is that it's absolutley true to life. If you go to any big Halloween parties this year, I promise you're going to see some folks dressed as the Crocodile Hunter. And people are going to be offended and say the same things Satan was saying in this episode. The writers of South Park write about what they see and then take it to a ridiculous - and often hilarious - extreme.

southcitymom said:
We TIVOed it, so I don't know when it originally aired - we just got around to watching it last night...and yes, I think it was on cable. I'll be you could dowload it from YouTube.
youtube took it off because of copy writes...only 47 seconds of it....:razz:
So I can't rate it.....:waitasec:

southcitymom said:

Thanks SCM This is good to know. I appreciate what South Park does,most of the time and am curious to see it. My son watched it and he thought it was disrespectful. But maybe it is more sophisticated and he "missed" it.
I'll watch for it.
The good thing about SP= Nothing is sacred and they have no boundaries.
The bad thing about SP= Nothing is sacred and they have no boundaries

Pharlap said:
youtube took it off because of copy writes.......:razz:
Shoot - have you tried googling to see when it comes on again. I'll go see what I can find. It's on Comedy Central - maybe they'll have an episode guide online

JBean said:
.....The good thing about SP= Nothing is sacred and they have no boundaries.
LOL - and so true - other people poked at in the Hell of Earth episode: Hollywood, Biggie Smalls, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, ferarri, acura, P Diddy, Catholic priests, Satan and his minions, wealthy teenage girls, MTV video parties...just to name a few

southcitymom said:
LOL - and so true - other people poked at in the Hell of Earth episode: Hollywood, Biggie Smalls, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, ferarri, acura, P Diddy, Catholic priests, Satan and his minions, wealthy teenage girls, MTV video parties...just to name a few
In other words, the usual suspects.
I just rewatched the Mel Gibson one and I have to laugh every time.

JBean said:
In other words, the usual suspects.
I just rewatched the Mel Gibson one and I have to laugh every time.
Exactly...oh that Mel Gibson one if just so insanely rude! I cry over myself laughing every time. Did you ever watch the Southpark movie ( a musical!) where Satan's lover is Saddam Hussein...and we attack Canada? Priceless!

southcitymom:
I missed the episode, thanks for letting me know when it airs again. South Park takes no prisoners. At times, I find it very immature but I love the satire. It's great to see a show that is not politically correct on the tele these days.:woohoo:

JBean said:
The good thing about SP= Nothing is sacred and they have no boundaries.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa