Fla. doctors to keep miracle preemie in hospital a little longer

today when i saw the size of her little feet on the drudge report (i know those photos were not from today) i said to myself, it is too soon for that little tiny baby to go home! i am glad they are keeping her a little longer, God bless her.

wow, she came in 2 weeks under the legal abortion limit in some places.

I am very interested in this story because of personal experience. My niece also with the same name was born at 23 weeks and 13 oz... ( she was the smaller of twnis and her sister unfortunately did not survive the first night). Our Amelia was given a less then 1% chance of survival. We have similar pictures of her after her birth for instance there are some where my BIL's wedding ring is up to her shoulder with plenty of room to spare.. she also experienced similar setbacks and hurdles in her first few months.. she is now over 2 ( counting from her actual DOB not her expected DOB) and doing incredibly well.. she is our little miracle baby. I now these parents have much yet to overcome and some days will be frustrating but overall this baby is a miracle and will add such joy to their lives.

What a story. God bless that little girl, her family and her doctors for fighting so hard for her. What a fighter this baby is! May she have a happy, long, and healthy life ahead of her!!

Opme, that was a beautiful story too. Glad your niece is doing so well!!

Awww bless her little tiny heart. My little Christian was born at 25 weeks and he survived. I will pray long and hard for this little fighter...

Awww, this story is so touching, I have a son that was born at 26 weeks after the water breaking at 22 weeks andme staying in the hospital for 4 weeks on bedrest.. I will keep this precious little one in my thoughts.:)

Glow said:
wow, she came in 2 weeks under the legal abortion limit in some places.
OMG Glow. That just makes my heart hurt.

Cynpat..sounds like my story... how is your baby now?

cynpat2000 said:
Awww, this story is so touching, I have a son that was born at 26 weeks after the water breaking at 22 weeks andme staying in the hospital for 4 weeks on bedrest.. I will keep this precious little one in my thoughts.:)

opme said:
I am very interested in this story because of personal experience. My niece also with the same name was born at 23 weeks and 13 oz... ( she was the smaller of twnis and her sister unfortunately did not survive the first night). Our Amelia was given a less then 1% chance of survival. We have similar pictures of her after her birth for instance there are some where my BIL's wedding ring is up to her shoulder with plenty of room to spare.. she also experienced similar setbacks and hurdles in her first few months.. she is now over 2 ( counting from her actual DOB not her expected DOB) and doing incredibly well.. she is our little miracle baby. I now these parents have much yet to overcome and some days will be frustrating but overall this baby is a miracle and will add such joy to their lives.
Wow, what a story--both yours and this one. Is your niece very small for a 2-year-old? I guess that she is really much less than that if you go by her expected DOB. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back