1293 users online (240 members and 1053 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Documentary Claims Jesus Was Married

Documentary Claims Jesus Was Married
    By Staff
    Feb 25, 2007

A documentary produced by Oscar-winning filmmaker James Cameron claims there is proof that Jesus Christ was buried in Jerusalem with his wife and son.

Cameron and director Simcha Jacobovici argue that Jesus was not resurrected and he was married to Mary Magdalene, Time magazine reports.

Cameron is scheduled to hold a news conference in New York Monday to show three caskets -- supposedly those of Jesus, his mother and Mary Magdalene. He and Jacobovici say they have proof in the form of DNA and achaeological evidence.

Link

So if they found DNA in these tombs, what are they comparing it to to prove it was Jesus?

I would think that the names of Jesua, Joseph and Mary were common names back in the day, so to speak. I guess that we will have to pay if we want to see the documentary.

I would think that archeologists who made the find would have announced this to the world, not a film maker who stands to make money off of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I would think that the names of Jesua, Joseph and Mary were common names back in the day, so to speak. I guess that we will have to pay if we want to see the documentary.

I would think that archeologists who made the find would have announced this to the world, not a film maker who stands to make money off of the project.
    My thoughts exactly, Nan

Discussion on whether or not Jesus was married has been going on for centuries. However, it was "The DaVinci Code" that highlighted that possibility and started the recent controversy.

Google "Jesus married" and you will come up with lots of discussion.

http://grailchurch.org/marriedjesus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Maral

So if they found DNA in these tombs, what are they comparing it to to prove it was Jesus?
    Ummm, the Precious Blood?
    (If you're Catholic you'll get the joke....)

This stuff ALWAYS happens during the Lenten/Easter season. Proof that Satan is getting very, very desperate. Some sort of crap comes out during the Holy Season almost every year. Sometimes during Christmas, too. Lame, lame, lame. Satan's end is near, and there is nothing he can do to stop it. But "the father of all lies" is going to try to take as many of us with him as possible, apparently.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

DK, does your god call it a sin to believe this is true, or even possible?

i dont know one way or another, it has no effect on history, imo, but im curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    This stuff ALWAYS happens during the Lenten/Easter season. Proof that Satan is getting very, very desperate. Some sort of crap comes out during the Holy Season almost every year. Sometimes during Christmas, too. Lame, lame, lame. Satan's end is near, and there is nothing he can do to stop it. But "the father of all lies" is going to try to take as many of us with him as possible, apparently.
    You are right, DK, this stuff ALWAYS comes up this time of year.

Even though there is historical evidence and proof of Christ's Resurrection, unfortunately, the truth doesn't persuade a closed mind.

the truth is that NO ONE knows all the details about jesus's life, or even if he really existed. we have been taught things in sunday school & church as 'this is just the way it is- period-- but these ideas about this man's life have been handed down orally, copied and recopied, translated upmteen times, revised, changed, deleted, added to, etc.. and it has all turned into myth-- and we don't know the truth. if we find some hardcore physical evidence of 'jesu' that points to the fact that THIS is the guy that everyone's been talking about for all these years,, then yes- i'll believe he really existed-- but come on folks-- you know all the rest,, is just myth and fairy tales.
    i always applaud people for exploring the myth and putting forth new questions about this supposed historic character.. even though they have to endure death threats and hate from the religious right (as when 'last temptation of christ' came out). the faithful can't stand anybody messing with their sacred myth.
    but the other option, is to just sit down, shut up, and just believe everything you're force-fed in sunday school. and no way am i gonna do that! LOL

satan?? come on, DK. you're kidding, right.......??

Quote Originally Posted by Mira
    DK, does your god call it a sin to believe this is true, or even possible?

i dont know one way or another, it has no effect on history, imo, but im curious.
    Yes, the New Testament makes it very clear the requirement to believe in the Resurrection. If Jesus wasn't resurrected, we cannot be saved.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    Your comments indicate that obviously you know him well, Reb.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim

Oh, like the ones that have scientific evidence Jesus existed at all ( thought I personally think he did)
    Or like the ones that have found the Garden of Eden

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    Nope, he's not................sunday school stuck obviously

wow!! so i'm a satanist now.. cool

actually my dear DK,, don't blame a little invisible guy with horns running around for that,, those were MY words.. and *I* want the credit, dammit!

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast