1077 users online (227 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

She and her husband were separating, she was in the process of moving out and disappeared....

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_104261.asp

Now on FOX

Her disappearance is getting media attention. It is now a FOX news story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261660,00.html

Hope they find her soon and that all is well.

Ground Search Begins For Missing 911 Operator

Her Husband, LaFayette Police Officer, "Distraught"

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson announced Tuesday that Walker County’s Cave and Rescue team with cadaver K-9s, Walker County Fire Department personnel, Walker County Sheriff’s Office personnel and other volunteers have begun a ground search for Theresa Parker, the 41-year-old 911 dispatcher missing since last Thursday.

~snip~

Sheriff Wilson, at a press conference on Monday afternoon, said Ms. Parker had four days off work and took a day of leave. He said she was due back at work at 7 p.m. Monday.

But he said no one has heard from her since Wednesday night.

~snip~

She was last seen at her sister's house on Wednesday night. Her car was found at her home on Cordell Road in LaFayette on Thursday morning.

Sheriff Wilson said the GBI was called into the case since Ms. Parker is a Walker County employee.

The article mentions their separation and that she was living elsewhere. This just does not sound good and I'm praying for her safe return. I have a feeling this thread should go straight to the missing/located discussion forum.

I do too, Chico. Georgia women who go missing almost never return alive unfortunately....that is if they are ever found.

She's a 911 operator and he's a cop! He went fishing on Thursday with a buddy! Her cell is off now.

GBI Agent James Harris said the agency could not discuss some aspects of the case, including the location where Ms. Parker made her last call on her cell phone. He said the phone is now off.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles...sp?imgID=18263

FNC reporting on this now. LE got a tip to search around the home and that's where they are searching. Gave the basics nothing new except I hadn't read that they had received a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    Her Husband, LaFayette Police Officer, "Distraught"

Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson announced Tuesday that Walker County’s Cave and Rescue team with cadaver K-9s, Walker County Fire Department personnel, Walker County Sheriff’s Office personnel and other volunteers have begun a ground search for Theresa Parker, the 41-year-old 911 dispatcher missing since last Thursday.

~snip~

Sheriff Wilson, at a press conference on Monday afternoon, said Ms. Parker had four days off work and took a day of leave. He said she was due back at work at 7 p.m. Monday.

But he said no one has heard from her since Wednesday night.

~snip~

She was last seen at her sister's house on Wednesday night. Her car was found at her home on Cordell Road in LaFayette on Thursday morning.

Sheriff Wilson said the GBI was called into the case since Ms. Parker is a Walker County employee.

The article mentions their separation and that she was living elsewhere. This just does not sound good and I'm praying for her safe return. I have a feeling this thread should go straight to the missing/located discussion forum.
    From FNC

Parker's car was found at the home she shared at her husband before the separation. Parker was still living in the home but was planning to move to a neighboring town. Samuel Parker was staying with a relative, Wilson said. The GBI has not yet reported any unusual credit-card activity or any other suspicious activity to local authorities, he added.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,261660,00.html
    Trying to get a handle on exactly where her car was found and who was living where.

This almost-ex-husband goes to work because he feels it will be the best 'medicine'. Then he goes fishing on Thursday with a buddy. All of this from a distraught separated-husband. Something smells fishy and its not the fishing tackle. I hope I'm wrong but this doesn't feel right.

I'm glad you posted this...this disappearance is just down in the valley from where I live.

Sadly, the first thing that popped in my mind when they said her husband was a cop was that he killed her. Not fair to think that way, I know, but something about that fact was the icing on the cake.

I just hope there's a swift resolution...hopefully that she just decided to "take off" for a while, but I doubt it .

Quote Originally Posted by Lisahas2cats View Post
    I'm glad you posted this...this disappearance is just down in the valley from where I live.

Sadly, the first thing that popped in my mind when they said her husband was a cop was that he killed her. Not fair to think that way, I know, but something about that fact was the icing on the cake.

I just hope there's a swift resolution...hopefully that she just decided to "take off" for a while, but I doubt it .
    Well a cop would have a better chance of pulling off something like this than the average joe....LE has not ruled anyone out at this point. It's encouraging to hear he's cooperating in light of some of the recent cases where the husbands clammed up and have subsequently been charged for their wives murders. It's hard to "clear" them from our perspective until LE says so.

She may have taken off without her car and with her cell turned off. I'm not sure if its been released about any account activity. Nothing has been reported about what if anything was found in any of the residences.

~snip~

Newschannel 9 has learned the is a history of domestic violence. Police were called to the couple's home in 2002 and again in 2004. Neighbors say they didn't know of any problems. And while investigators are hoping for the best, Virginia Cordell is afraid her neighbor will never make it home.

http://www.newschannel9.com/onset?id=10861&template=article.html&dateformat=%M +%e,%Y

Coming up next on Greta!

Greta on the phone with LE. Teresa was in the process of moving some personal items into her new apartment in an adjacent or neighboring town. They had been separated about 10 days. LE did confirm the complaints in 2002 but wanted to be careful on how that would be perceived by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    Greta on the phone with LE. Teresa was in the process of moving some personal items into her new apartment in an adjacent or neighboring town. They had been separated about 10 days. LE did confirm the complaints in 2002 but wanted to be careful on how that would be perceived by the media.
    In addition to 2002 there was another in 2004.Same officer reporting on Greta. OK, got to look at it cannot just say coincidental.Small town LE in Georgia can be obtuse if not challenged when GBI steps up. The difference this time is that it is a 911 operator. I don't think this will have a good outcome.

It sure doesn't sound good. Hopefully she's just tucked away in a motel somewhere.....just typing that just doesn't ring probable.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast