Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

real eyes

Inactive
Reaction score
CASTAIC, Calif. -- Sheriff's homicide detectives are investigating the death of a 51-year-old Valencia High School special education teacher whose body was found in her Castaic home bearing signs of blunt force trauma, authorities said.

The body of Lawanda Clary was found at 5:21 p.m. Thursday in the 29900 block of Shadow Place, said Dep. Maribel Rizo of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Headquarters Bureau.

Clary's husband said he found his wife dead when he returned home from work, she said.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/11550768/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

&

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_096084842.html

So sad. This is in the Santa Clarita Valley, one of the "Safest Cities in the United States". So sad.

So sad! In your own home...I hope they find out who did this to her.

After reading so many crime msg. boards I have to wonder if the husband is maybe guilty.

Of course, that is my first thought too... But if she is a teacher and some of her students (or one) did not like her, I would also check her current and previous students too.

I'm sure that they will check out the husband and make sure that he was at work and that there wasn't a chance of him leaving for a while like at lunch time. The husband was also my first though because that is usually who the guilty party is. We will just have to wait and see.

I hope the husband is innocent, it's so sad that we're so jaded and think it's the ones closest to the victim first but sadly to many times that's the truth.

VB

"VALENCIA - LaWana Clary's special-needs students at Valencia High had been scheduled to visit Olvera Street on Monday - one of many field trips their teacher planned for the school year.
Instead, the teens spent their first day back from spring break meeting with grief counselors and making cards and a poster for the family of their beloved Mrs. Clary, who was found bludgeoned to death last week in her Castaic home."

"And student Jeffrey Krinkel, 18, drew inspiration from his teacher as he worked on the poster the class created for Clary's family. On it, he drew a flower and a bird - explaining that Clary had smelled like a flower and was friendly like a pet bird. "

Sounds like her students really liked her.

http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_5631133

Here is another article/update. I find it interesting that the time of death was 5:35p.m. and she was found at 5:21p.m. (by her husband when he came home from work).

"Sheriff's officials investigating Clary's death could not provide information on any possible weapons and did not specify where in her home Clary was killed, but did indicate she died inside her house.

"There have been no arrests, and there's no suspects at this time," said Sgt. Robert Martindale with the Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau. "We don't know what the weapon was at this point, and I can't divulge what the motive might have been at this time."

Information provided by witnesses cannot be shared, Martindale added, because it might jeopardize the case at this point."

I also heard on the news here that she has a lot of dogs and no one heard the dogs barking or anything out of the ordinary.

Here is another article/update. I find it interesting that the time of death was 5:35p.m. and she was found at 5:21p.m. (by her husband when he came home from work).

"Sheriff's officials investigating Clary's death could not provide information on any possible weapons and did not specify where in her home Clary was killed, but did indicate she died inside her house.

"There have been no arrests, and there's no suspects at this time," said Sgt. Robert Martindale with the Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau. "We don't know what the weapon was at this point, and I can't divulge what the motive might have been at this time."

Information provided by witnesses cannot be shared, Martindale added, because it might jeopardize the case at this point."

I also heard on the news here that she has a lot of dogs and no one heard the dogs barking or anything out of the ordinary.

Hmmm.... Is this a "been there, done that"???

I felt bad for thinking that a couple days ago when I first read this thread. It's sad enough that she was murdered but even more so that it could possibly be by someone that was supposed to love her.

JMO

I felt bad for thinking that a couple days ago when I first read this thread. It's sad enough that she was murdered but even more so that it could possibly be by someone that was supposed to love her.

JMO

I feel bad about being suspicious of the spouse so much lately. Some cases I'm still waiting for confirmation/justice, but most of the time it's been the spouse-and most of the time it's the husband.

:(

Pretty soon we'll stop hearing about the increasing divorce rate and we'll start hearing about the murdered spouse rate.

I feel bad about being suspicious of the spouse so much lately. Some cases I'm still waiting for confirmation/justice, but most of the time it's been the spouse-and most of the time it's the husband.

Pretty soon we'll stop hearing about the increasing divorce rate and we'll start hearing about the murdered spouse rate.

I know what you mean, it always seems to be my first thought. I try to think of all the possibilities, but most of the time it does lead back to a domestic issue.

I hope not...but that is a very possible reality.

Unfortunately, this is what I was thinking too.
How sad that spouse = murderer is our reality these days.

MG

Two weeks after the killing of a Valencia High School teacher in her Castaic home, investigators have yet to make any arrests and have reported no new information.

Autopsy findings released last week show that Clary died from multiple blows to the head, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.

Sheriff's officials have not released any information on possible weapons, suspects or motives, and reported that no arrests have been made.

Neighbors said they did not hear any commotion the day of the killing and were surprised to learn of Clary's death.

Co-workers described Clary as a compassionate and dedicated educator, and could not recall Clary speaking about any recent personal problems.
"Other than the fact that she was concerned for her daughter, she never had any personal concerns," said Barbara Esselstein, a speech therapist at Valencia High School, shortly after Clary's death. "She's going to be greatly missed. I'm absolutely shocked that she's gone."

http://www.the-signal.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=47776&format=html

From February 2012:

http://www.signalscv.com/archives/59854/

Since April 5, 2007, when the body of 50-year-old LaWana Jayne Clary was found on a blood-soaked bed in her Castaic home, relations between the two families have chilled... Taylor said he hasn’t talked to his sister’s widowed husband in a while...

Among those wishing David Clary would return to the Santa Clarita Valley are homicide detectives, who still consider him their “sole person of interest” in the case...

David Wayne Clary, 43, is innocent, did not murder his wife and has nothing to do with her death, according to Clary himself, who took a lie detector test to prove it... Detectives were not present when the polygraph was administered and have no idea what questions were asked of Clary. “If we had done a polygraph test as the one they did, we would be laughed out of any court,” Lopez said. “Our polygraph tests are videotaped; theirs wasn’t even recorded with audio”...

[T]he woman who educated others’ children desperately wanted some of her own... In the days preceding her death, LaWana Clary phoned her father, Bud “Junior” Taylor, excited to report that the couple was in final stages of negotiation and ready to pay about $24,000 to the surrogate, the father said. Those plans fell through and no such transaction happened...

Suspected killer’s death resolves one unsolved murder for victim’s family

This man was on a forum I was on and I remember the day he told his wife passed away. He posted she passed away, nothing much else. Then others looked it up online, followed the case, he often did not say much on this. He was kinda rude and obnoxious in his posts, I thought it was just his personality. He left the area right after the killing, then did not allow her family to even place a head stone on her grave. The kicker, he never seemed in the pasts to be upset by anything that happened. He never acted truly upset. Maybe that was just how I read his posts, but I felt he was more involved.

I want to add if it has not been said, but David Clary was fighting in court right after her death in order to receive the $300,000 life insurance policy payout from Prudential. They were holding back payment because they figured a wrongful death lawsuit may be brought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Endthehorror
Back