21 Teens in 2 yrs die in Dallas from new drug "Cheese"

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
This is frightening....21 teens, in one city dead????

Deadly $2 heroin aimed at young teens

• Authorities say there have been 21 "cheese" deaths in the Dallas area since 2005
• Schools, police have begun campaign to try to stop the drug from spreading
• Middle schoolers cheer after detective says U.S. has the most drug users
• Dad of a teenager who died says: "All it takes is once"

DALLAS, Texas (CNN) -- A cheap, highly addictive drug known as "cheese heroin" has killed 21 teenagers in the Dallas area over the past two years, and authorities say they are hoping they can stop the fad before it spreads across the nation.

"Cheese heroin" is a blend of so-called black tar Mexican heroin and crushed over-the-counter medications that contain the antihistamine diphenhydramine, found in products such as Tylenol PM, police say. The sedative effects of the heroin and the nighttime sleep aids make for a deadly brew.

Wow! This is a new one on me. It's probably all from the same source, someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

I know they've started flavoring 'meth' to attract new customers. It seems that meth by itself doesn't taste too good so it's popularity started going down a bit. So the ingenious producers of this poison have decided a new way to attract buyers, a variety of flavors.:mad:

JMHO
fran

it's very simple-- just have the comon sense to not use street drugs.

I've never heard of the drug. Scary statistics. The poor kids need to find an interest that doesn't include drugs of any type.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back