British Teen Finds $90G in PlayStation 2 He Ordered on eBay

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

A British teen got more than he bargained for when he bought a PlayStation 2 on eBay.
When the package arrived at the 16-year-old boy’s Norfolk home, there were 65,400 Euros(approximately $90,200) inside, according to a BBC report. The police are now trying to trace the package back to the owner.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

link

A British teen got more than he bargained for when he bought a PlayStation 2 on eBay.
When the package arrived at the 16-year-old boy’s Norfolk home, there were 65,400 Euros(approximately $90,200) inside, according to a BBC report. The police are now trying to trace the package back to the owner.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Typically things bought on ebay are sold "as-is"
I am guessing that the seller purchased it to sell and was not aware of the money.
I think the teen should get to keep the money.

How honest the boy is! A lot of people would have just kept the cash. I hope he gets to keep it, too.

Wow is right! I'm thinking I might have kept quiet until and unless the seller contacted me about the missing cash!

Wow is right! I'm thinking I might have kept quiet until and unless the seller contacted me about the missing cash!

I'm not sure if it's better to keep quiet and hope no one comes after you when the seller spills the beans where the money is... or better to open your mouth and probably not get to keep the money.

I'd have kept the money. I found a huge roll of bills when I was in High School and turned it in to the office, stupidly thinking if no one claimed it in 30 days I'd get to keep it. I never saw it again. :doh:

From the link: Two games were missing, and in their place was the cash.

Maybe he was supposed to take the money to buy the missing games......:dance:
Which works out to over $45,000 per game....Nah.

What if this was drug money being shipped out and the money box was accidently shipped to this kid? A couple of hundred and I'd have kept my mouth shut. But 90k? Not sure.

If I did decide to spend, the whole family, including my in-laws would have enjoyed a week long vacation somewhere!

What if this was drug money being shipped out and the money box was accidently shipped to this kid? A couple of hundred and I'd have kept my mouth shut. But 90k? Not sure.

If I did decide to spend, the whole family, including my in-laws would have enjoyed a week long vacation somewhere!

Only ONE week? WOW Where ya going for that kinda loot? Or is your family that big?

Wow! The $$ is tempting, but IMO, having to look over your shoulder every day to see if whoever comes for their $$ would be too much for me.

I'd have turned it over to authorities too! Reluctantly, though.

:D

fran

Wow, that is amazing.

I'd be afraid it was drug money or something like that and someone would come after me...so I'd tell the authorities. But I'd report it no matter what...and if no one claimed it, then I think it does go to whoever found it.

What movie was it...Home Alone 3...where the kid had the remote controled car with the chip inside and the bad guys came looking. It probably wouldn't end that way if real bad guys were looking for their loot.

I would have kept it too!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yeah, legitimate business owners/ebay sellers do not keep 90g stashed in a playstation. The kid would probably have been a big target had he kept it, may still be now that he has the LE involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back